Zen Remastered Williams Announcement!

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
A good idea for getting the zen crowd into actual pinball, but I would probably just use the original tables.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The beautiful thing is you can turn on and off the effects with the push of a button. I didn't think I'd play with the add-ons at first, and then I grew to really like them.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
A good idea for getting the zen crowd into actual pinball, but I would probably just use the original tables.
My thoughts exactly. Reminds me of the glowing hockey puck with the red comet trail back in the ole days when Fox used to show hockey. Glad to see it is an option and not forced.

Gabura

Jul 24, 2018
This looks great did not expect them to have the freedom to remaster the tables. Pricing seems good too. Redownloading the beta now to see the remastered versions.

Last edited:

pinball_chaos

Zen Studios Employee
Aug 13, 2018
Hey everyone - this is Mel from Zen.

Really looking forward to your continued feedback. This is a big step for Zen / Williams pinball. Let us know what you think!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
They actually have complete freedom to do whatever they like with the WMS license, other than changing rules. That includes doing prototype versions of tables, and obviously with the Zen effects, doing mods that come to life

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
eh, why not? I'll have to try Beta tonight. Hopefully you can set options for which version you want if you're doing direct launch via front ends. If it's an option that has to be set within each table like TPA TAF Gold, It's less appealing on a cab. I guess same settings issues already applied to pro/arcade mode settings too.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Ohh very interesting - where's Blahcade Podcast 149 guys? Can you play the remastered tables with the realistic physics? (fingers crossed)
The fisherman on Fish Tales and dragon on Medieval Madness in particular look great on the promo video - glad the remakes are not too out there but interesting enough to be different/something new whilst keeping the key ideas of the original themes.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
eh, why not? I'll have to try Beta tonight. Hopefully you can set options for which version you want if you're doing direct launch via front ends. If it's an option that has to be set within each table like TPA TAF Gold, It's less appealing on a cab. I guess same settings issues already applied to pro/arcade mode settings too.

You literally can toggle it on and off in game to your hearts content

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Ohh very interesting - where's Blahcade Podcast 149 guys? Can you play the remastered tables with the realistic physics? (fingers crossed)
The fisherman on Fish Tales and dragon on Medieval Madness in particular look great on the promo video - glad the remakes are not too out there but interesting enough to be different/something new whilst keeping the key ideas of the original themes.

Jared hasn't loaded it up yet, but you can watch the YouTube feed of it right now.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Great will check it out! So if they can do anything, does thst mean we could see colour DMD's and/or expanded Roms such as Cactus Canyon continued? (Hypothetically speaking of course)

Very exciting, day 1 purchase for me!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Great will check it out! So if they can do anything, does thst mean we could see colour DMD's and/or expanded Roms such as Cactus Canyon continued? (Hypothetically speaking of course)

Very exciting, day 1 purchase for me!

Hypothetically? Yes. They can for sure do prototype versions of tables. Doing ColorDMD or CCC would require additional licensing, unless they did it all on their own

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Toggle usually means an extra button - not saying it's a deal breaker, especially for me as my cab isn't even built yet, but for others it "might" be.

Well nobody has even seen the official cab version of this yet, right? So who knows how Zen will do it for that, but for anyone using a controller or keyboard, it's a single button push that will satisfy 99% of the people out there.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
So ... Let me see if I’ve got this straight:
* Four Classic Williams Tables
* Four “Remastered” iterations of the Tables
* Native cabinet support (I have “Fish Tales” running in cabinet mode *now* on my Vertigo)
* Total Cost $9.99

PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
There could be some great remaster possibilities - for example: Animated Gophers on NGG, the saw working on Theatre Of Magic, moving aliens on Attack from Mars etc - will be very interesting to see what they can come up with! Also great it's optional so can still have the pure experience if preferred.

Never saw this coming, good work!

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Fantastic news, this should please the FX2/3/Zen players who want a more video game feel to it.

I must be a dunce because I don't get their pricing: 3 pack is $9.99, buying individual it's $2.99 each, so... $8.98? It's cheaper to buy them individually or did they mean $3.99 each? I relistened, she def says $2.99 each

Note: I'm feverish so if I'm a dunce, at least I have an excuse :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.