Zaccaria Custom Physics settings

murve33

Aug 4, 2016
I'm curious why you all prefer an extremely high Ball Elasticity. Wouldn't a metal ball have very low Elasticity? I've played both ways (100% and 0%) and I personally haven't perceived a difference.

If you like the weighty feel of the ball from the slower velocity settings, try changing the ball from steel to Granite.
Just curious, is this possible on the Steam version for PC? All I see are different skins, which AFAIK doesn't change the physics.

Jay

May 19, 2012
I'm curious why you all prefer an extremely high Ball Elasticity.

It's not that I prefer a high ball elasticity. It's just that in the current implementation, the setting is counter-intuitive. 100% ball elasticity creates a dead ball, as if you're hitting a lead weight, while 0% elasticity turns it into a superball, bouncing all over the place. Given how punchy everything else is on the tables by default, a deader ball makes for more realistic gameplay.

cjchand

May 14, 2018
Just a note to thank everyone for this thread.

I really wanted to love these tables, but they never felt “right”. With these changes, they feel much better!

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Best Steam Physics Settings?

I recently upgraded my Steam Zaccaria Pinball to have all the missing tables that weren't part of my original membership as I plan to get back into this since they have added cabinet mode some time back.

A couple of questions if anyone knows as I am away from home for a while:
1/ In the Steam version are the physic adjustments saved per table, or global?
2/ Does anyone have any good physic settings they wouldn't mind sharing for the various types of tables (eg: EM, Solid State, Modernised, etc).

Cheers

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012

Ah that explains why I couldn't find an option. That is quite a pity, as I managed to get some nice setting for EMs, but they don't fit at all with the remakes. Here's hoping they can offer table level adjustment in the future.

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
So, is there finally a setting that could match as example, TPA? The arcade and simulation physics dont really make me stick to the game, tried some custom stuff, but never i got the feeling im playing either Williams FX tables or TPA.

Jay

May 19, 2012
I haven't been able to get Zaccaria to play like other simulations. It seems to have its own unique physics. But that hasn't gotten in the way of my enjoying the tables. Graphically, they're some of the most detailed recreations I've ever seen (as high as 4k), far more visually pleasing than TPA. IMO, the simulation everything is measured against is TimeShock. That's as close as I've come to playing a real table on a computer. But as long as I have fun playing a table, the physics isn't as important to me, just as how in a real arcade I might be playing a machine that has weak flippers, a skewed kick-out or dead bumpers.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.