Zaccaria Custom Physics settings

night

May 18, 2012
I have been working on these setting for some time now.
The standard settings are good but a bit too fast and hyper to my likening. I have been tweaking, going forth and back, watched youtubes of real Zacc's, just to get that ball behave more natural and slightly slower without taking the fire out of a game. No table is the same so there is always a compromise, but overall I am very happy with these settings.
If you want to give it a try, let me know what you think. Can you do it better, or different, or worse? Post!

physics.jpg

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I have been working on these setting for some time now.
The standard settings are good but a bit too fast and hyper to my likening. I have been tweaking, going forth and back, watched youtubes of real Zacc's, just to get that ball behave more natural and slightly slower without taking the fire out of a game. No table is the same so there is always a compromise, but overall I am very happy with these settings.
If you want to give it a try, let me know what you think. Can you do it better, or different, or worse? Post!

Thanks. I'm liking this app again. I do wish the analog score reels would animate like score reels though.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Why not post your settings here as well, so we have everything in one thread?!
I'm running your settings as of last night, but took a capture of mine prior to switching.
This was how I was set...
5d8dcce6b04015e593b07d525264e382.jpg

I've mostly been playing 'Pinball Champ 82' which seems to have more powerful slings and bumpers than the other tables I play, so the tuning was for this table really. Might need faster bumpers and slings on others.

It's interesting seeing the difference between the two flipper settings between mine and yours.
If 'flipper tap pass' is higher you need less 'flipper force' and vice versa. But I think 50% flipper tap pass and 80 flipper force gives slightly more control personally.

But that's the massive strength of Zacc, everyone can have their preference with a little work. :)

night

May 18, 2012
But I think 50% flipper tap pass and 80 flipper force gives slightly more control personally.

I'm going to try this out in a few hours, it would be great if we could work out the ultimate physics settings this way.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I'm going to try this out in a few hours, it would be great if we could work out the ultimate physics settings this way.
Authentic and challenging, but retaining control is my target. :)

I'm enjoying your settings so far. Planning a marathon session on Zacc this evening.

night

May 18, 2012
I liked your flipper settings, but combined with my settings the ball became too light, so I copied your ball velocity as well. I really like the heaviness of the ball!
So, here is the new mixture of your settings and mine. This is just great, let's give these settings some playtime!

(Btw, I didn't touch the plunger force setting yet, but that's another thing.)

physics.jpg

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I liked your flipper settings, but combined with my settings the ball became too light, so I copied your ball velocity as well. I really like the heaviness of the ball!
So, here is the new mixture of your settings and mine. This is just great, let's give these settings some playtime!

Nice twist! - will dial these in before I play later.
BTW - I've adopted your 0 setting on plunge. Looks to be more realistic.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

physics.jpg
:) Think you've nailed it with these settings personally.

Might need say 20% on plunge force, 0 is fine on most tables, but some have a weaker plunge (like Devil Riders) where 0's a little too weak.
Tried it across most of the tables I favour and these feel really good.

Pinball Champ is a little too psychotic with these sling and bumper settings, but that table is just more powerful, and not in line with other tables in Zacc.

These settings get my backing.
Hopefully some others will comment too on these.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Checking out the new physics too. Love the weight of the ball. You guys might have found the most realistic pinball settings. I will say I got some hyper bounce movement off the slingshots in moonlight but otherwise really digging.

Love this thread.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm in the same ballpark with everyone else. This is what I'm running.
Tilt 80%
Flippers 60%
Ball Elast 90%
Ball Friction 100%
Sling Shot 60%
Bumper 75%
Ball velocity 70%
Plunger 0%
Flipper/Tap 60% (thanks to Baron on this one, that laggyness was driving me nuts)

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I'm using

Tilt 100
Flipper Force 0
Ball Elasticity 100
Ball Friction 100
Slingshot Force 50
Bumper Force 60
Ball Velocity 75
Plunger Force 0
Flipper Tap Pass 100

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Changed my device, and found the previous settings were a little too slow on the new phone, so after a couple of weeks now, they've ended up...

e4e1bd087fc70d5e7352edabffd82637.jpg

If you like the weighty feel of the ball from the slower velocity settings, try changing the ball from steel to Granite.

Members online

Members online