Bug How to enter high score without game crashing?

invitro

May 4, 2012
I've played this table twice, got a high score both times, and both times, while entering initials or the stupid "choose your face" whatever, the game entered a state where a forced kill of its process was required. A new game started, the prompt stayed at the bottom, no controls worked, escape didn't work. I had to alt-tab to Windows to kill the game.

Any tips on what to do when entering a high score?

invitro

May 4, 2012
DX9, keyboard.

I know this kind of crash has been reported on other tables... I have gotten it before, but it's been awhile, and I don't remember which table(s).

I don't mind trying to find a workaround myself except for one thing: I seem to remember that you're supposed to either stop after entering the third initial and don't touch anything else until TPA figures things out, or to enter initials and other things very quickly, but I don't remember which one! :( Maybe after entering my 3rd initial, don't touch anything when the "choose your face" is up? I don't think that part had a prompt saying which button to press. Anyway, thanks for the reply, I'll try it again later. JPelter's review intrigues me but I am probably not good enough to appreciate the things he likes about SST...

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Well, using a controller, there is something that is common to all tables. Depending on the table and how quickly it pops up the TPA "enter your initials" box you may or may not experience this. With a KB perhaps it's not noticeable. Not played KB in over a year....

Anyway - I've remapped my flippers from the Z-axis triggers which were extremely flaky, to the shoulder buttons.

Except during initials entry, the mapping for choosing letters reverts to the triggers.

But - there is sometimes a delay between the game prompting for initials, and the TPA dialog popping up, when I can use the shoulder buttons! I get this most often on BSD, and can sometimes enter my initials quickly enough.

Yeah I know not directly related to your issue but an annoyance nonetheless. I did submit a bug report here about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.