DX11 slow performance?

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
This is weird, and from what I've seen, I'm the only one that has this problem. I have the DX11 settings on very low options, almost everything at zero, and my game runs SLOWLY.

My specs are AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD R5 Graphics, 2 GHz/Core and 6 gigs of Ram.

My settings are 800 x 600 back buffer width/height, MSAA Samples at 1, MSAA Quality at 10, and Anisotropy at 1.

What on earth is going on, here?

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
On that enote, I have an AMD A8-3870K, it has a Radeon HD 6850 installed in it, but I've been curious if it's faster but still limited onboard graphics could do the game if put to task.

hitman12

Jun 11, 2014
Another problem is DX11 is not fully optimized yet,on some tables i can play at 60 fps but some having slowdowns,TAF plays smoothly but some tables have performance drops.I set back buffer 1440/800 MSAA Samples at 1, MSAA Quality at 1, and Anisotropy at 16.Acer Aspire E1 with GeForce 710m.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Your 6850 is still a very capable card and should handle DX11 with no problems.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

If I read that correctly, I think he was wondering about his mobo's onboard chip, just for curiosity's sake.

Jeff has it right. It's an APU with on board graphics but an HD 6850 got hand me downed into it so they've been disabled. I'm curious about testing out the on board HD 6550D is a fair bit weaker and I'm wondering if it comes in below the minimum threshold.

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
After a bit of poking around, I've noticed that it IS certain tables that lag horribly. Cirqus Voltaire, Theatre of Magic, and probably are some others are to blame (I only have season one), but IIRC, TZ seems to run fine.

mewzard

Apr 18, 2015
So, would my Radeon HD 5570 be too weak to do the game justice at minimum settings despite being a DX11 card?

Not going to waste money replacing the card on this computer, I'll likely just save up for a month or two and just get a better overall computer (it's a great computer for its age, but it's old enough to go to be a student at school).

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Try turning down or off all of those msaa and anisotrophy... If they can be turned down lower than what you mention.

IMHO a free underpowered laptop is still a great gift, hope you can find a way to get the performance you seek.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
After a bit of poking around, I've noticed that it IS certain tables that lag horribly. Cirqus Voltaire, Theatre of Magic, and probably are some others are to blame (I only have season one), but IIRC, TZ seems to run fine.

The more geometry and the more lights the more computationally demanding a table would be. So which tables run smoothly can very signifigantly. I imagine that Far Sight has a maximum level of complexity, to ensure the tables don't lag on their premiere mobile platforms, but other tables are probably simpler than the maximum level just due to their design nature.

So, would my Radeon HD 5570 be too weak to do the game justice at minimum settings despite being a DX11 card?

Not going to waste money replacing the card on this computer, I'll likely just save up for a month or two and just get a better overall computer (it's a great computer for its age, but it's old enough to go to be a student at school).

Why don't you test it to find out? The thing is in beta, a lot of people would be interested to find out where the lower level is, so spin it up and report your results. :)

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
This is weird, and from what I've seen, I'm the only one that has this problem. I have the DX11 settings on very low options, almost everything at zero, and my game runs SLOWLY.

My specs are AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD R5 Graphics, 2 GHz/Core and 6 gigs of Ram.

My settings are 800 x 600 back buffer width/height, MSAA Samples at 1, MSAA Quality at 10, and Anisotropy at 1.

What on earth is going on, here?

Yeah you need to drop that MSAA quality down somewhat, i have been playing this on my laptop, which is a I3 core at 1.70ghz, intel 4500 inter graphics, on W8, i have my width set at 1360, hight 800, MSAA sam 1, MSAA Qul 0, ANIS 1, and the thing runs great, which i was not really expecting it to do at all in DX11 on this laptop, you just need to tune it and find the right setting for what you got.

I still have some options to mess yet.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
I have intermittent slowdowns on start up gameplay, sometimes. I doubt its the i3 and 860m gpu....max settings

It happens when i change cameras with the latest patch 4/24

Last edited:

Iain

Jul 28, 2012
DX 11 wont run for me either, or basically it runs but its in slow motion.

My set up is,

GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3
AMD FX(tm) - 4100 Quad Core 3.6 GHz
12 GB Ram
NVIDEA GeForce GT 630
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

I also 1920 X 1080 resolution

I havent messed with the settings in DX 11 as once I saw how slow it runs I just took a guess that my graphics card cant handle DX 11? as I run plenty of games on Steam with no lag issues on display and DX 9 TPA runs perfect.

I'm guessing its time to update my graphics card if I want to play TPA in DX11.

Last edited:

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013

My set up is,

GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3
12 GB Ram
NVIDEA GeForce GT 630

I havent messed with the settings in DX 11 as once I saw how slow it runs I just took a guess that my graphics card cant handle DX 11? as I run plenty of games on Steam with no lag issues on display and DX 9 TPA runs perfect.

It no doubt runs slow bud because you have left Dx11 on default setings, if you go in there and mess about with them then you should have no issues with DX11, that set up should run it fine, get in there bud and enjoy DX11. :)

TheSlayerNL

Nov 5, 2013

My set up is,

GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3
12 GB Ram
NVIDEA GeForce GT 630

Let me also give you a quick rundown on what the last 2 numbers mean on NVidia's cards. x10-x30 is low end, x40-x60 is medium end, x70-x90 is high end. Your card is the best low end card, so it is capable but not at the highest settings most likely.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I'm not expecting much of anything in terms of performance,
I'm running a Radeon HD 2600 Pro (mobile) on a core 2 duo 2Ghz.

DXDiag tells me it's DX11 compatible but when I try and run TPA, my driver just crashes and recovers.
Well, I'm going to try some older drivers and then I'll give up lol.

I mean...I was hoping it would at least start, wasn't expecting to really enjoy things :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.