Bug Merlin's Magic two-balls-in-the-saucer bug

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Ever noticed if you happen to fire another ball into the Merlin's Magic saucer while another one is still sitting there (during multiball), the second one drops into the saucer as if the first one wasn't even there? They then pop out one at a time, so it doesn't exactly interfere with play, but it certainly does violate the laws of physics, and it's obviously not how the real table works.

Not sure whether to call this a "bug" or just something that isn't accounted for in the simulation. Either way, though, it's wrong.

JCChaconJr

Jul 10, 2012
I saw this yesterday while playing myself. Definitely a bug... Perhaps collision detection doesn't work properly when the ball "drops" from the play field's surface, such as when it drops into Merlin's saucer.

ComputerSlayer

Nov 23, 2013
Ever noticed if you happen to fire another ball into the Merlin's Magic saucer while another one is still sitting there (during multiball), the second one drops into the saucer as if the first one wasn't even there? They then pop out one at a time, so it doesn't exactly interfere with play, but it certainly does violate the laws of physics, and it's obviously not how the real table works.

Not sure whether to call this a "bug" or just something that isn't accounted for in the simulation. Either way, though, it's wrong.

I saw this thread listed in the bug report thread. I can confirm that this happens in one of the multiball modes on the android platform.

The first ball enters the saucer, and then the second ball merges/overlaps with the first one. However, they are ejected separately one after the other with a 1-2 second gap in between.

ComputerSlayer

Nov 23, 2013
I seem to have just encountered the same overlap issue with the catapult during one of the multiball modes. If a ball goes into the capture area, and a second ball follows the first, they both overlap, but launch separately one after the other.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.