Half Life 3 confirmed? No, it's Portal Pinball!

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Awful physics. Why can't they re write them? I've bought a handful of zen tables, south Park being the latest ones but those physics are dreadful and the game is starting to feel really bad imo.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Welp its 50% off on the Canadian store atm so grab it for a 1.50 while ya can.. its actually a fun table..I was really disappointed with Avengers Ultron and then Rebels is just ok..so its nice to see something that seems to be firing on all cylinders.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
So I played this for a couple of hours today, and first impressions aren't great. The table does look really impressive and nice on the eyes, it's a nice environment - they've done the overgrown, abandoned thing well. But the gameplay itself... the layout has nothing interesting or unique on it, the flow is terrible, most of the shots are masked by the upper playfield so it's difficult to see where exactly you need to aim. Four of the six missions involve pretty much the same shot pattern and are pretty much indistinguishable, and some of them take far too many shots to beat, which makes it really difficult to progress. Also, there are awkward gaps throughout the mission as some animation happens and there is nothing to shoot for, which is really distracting, particularly when you're trying to keep a multiball alive. I have managed to beat all of the missions by themselves aside from the multiball one, but I don't see how I'm going to string them all together to reach the wizard mode. Might not spend long with this table. Am I alone on this?

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
So I played this for a couple of hours today, and first impressions aren't great. The table does look really impressive and nice on the eyes, it's a nice environment - they've done the overgrown, abandoned thing well. But the gameplay itself... the layout has nothing interesting or unique on it, the flow is terrible, most of the shots are masked by the upper playfield so it's difficult to see where exactly you need to aim. Four of the six missions involve pretty much the same shot pattern and are pretty much indistinguishable, and some of them take far too many shots to beat, which makes it really difficult to progress. Also, there are awkward gaps throughout the mission as some animation happens and there is nothing to shoot for, which is really distracting, particularly when you're trying to keep a multiball alive. I have managed to beat all of the missions by themselves aside from the multiball one, but I don't see how I'm going to string them all together to reach the wizard mode. Might not spend long with this table. Am I alone on this?

I believe they made the missions easier so that more casual players who learned about the table from others could play the table and enjoy it a lot more than if it was extremely tough.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I believe they made the missions easier so that more casual players who learned about the table from others could play the table and enjoy it a lot more than if it was extremely tough.

But some of the missions are really hard. They're just incredibly samey. Four of the six involve shooting two of three randomly lit shots, shooting the centre chamber, make an upper flipper shot, rinse and repeat. It's both dull and hard to memorise the precise patterns because they're so similar.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Got it, like it, but it's just another zen table. These things really don't last long on me.
But I started to replay the first portal again this game is so awesome.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Okay, so my initial impressions about this being too difficult were probably off the mark. Once you get used to the table it's not too bad. And for the multiball mission - there is a checkpoint half way through, I was just unaware of that, and at one point it doesn't make it obvious that what you are actually shooting for is bumper hits, which was when I generally failed. After understanding this I got to, and beat, the wizard mode without too much difficulty. The wizard mode is a bit of a strange one - it lasts many minutes! Starts with an endless multiball with a three minute timer, and eventually goes to a regular multiball for the last section, to add pressure. Though you can go down to a single ball and I don't think it's timed, so not the most difficult of wizard modes.

I got about 900m on this, decided that was a good enough score to call it a day with this table.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
7E2CE5D6408978E2131301A5992C9E62FA03C21D

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Wait did you nail this score for the portal tournament? First place was a replica portal gun. Nice score regardless.

Yes, this was for the Portal tournament. Sadly some hacker came along and screwed around with the leaderboards. Apparently his username is "Fidel Castro". He has a private profile, so I should be able to take my Portal gun home no problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.