Next Kickstarter for Season 5

subgenius

May 29, 2013
Some of my favorite Pinball Arcade games are the kickstarter tables. Are there any rumors on what the next table will be or when it will open? Is there any chance for those highly licensed games like Indiana Jones or Dr. Who. Honestly I really like The Phantom table, terrible movie but great game. Just curious if anyone had any speculations.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Some of my favorite Pinball Arcade games are the kickstarter tables. Are there any rumors on what the next table will be or when it will open? Is there any chance for those highly licensed games like Indiana Jones or Dr. Who. Honestly I really like The Phantom table, terrible movie but great game. Just curious if anyone had any speculations.

The Phantom? Are you sure you don't mean the Shadow ;) Which is an awesome pin, and I would definitely back it myself but I don't think it will be next kickstarter. Hopefully they can sort out the license themselves and maybe charge a buck extra for table if needed.

Personally I think next kickstarter will be either Simpsons Pinball Party or Lord of the Rings.

bigvaughn57

May 30, 2013
Lord of the Rings Pinball- for the win, gentlemen. I hope I hope I hope;) - If not that - Simpsons or Indiana Jones would be more than acceptable.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
The Phantom? Are you sure you don't mean the Shadow ;) Which is an awesome pin, and I would definitely back it myself but I don't think it will be next kickstarter. Hopefully they can sort out the license themselves and maybe charge a buck extra for table if needed.

Personally I think next kickstarter will be either Simpsons Pinball Party or Lord of the Rings.

TSPP is likely to be the next KS according to things Farsight has said.

LOTR would be awesome, but isn't that a newer Stern?

The Shadow probably won't need a KS. Especially if the alternate back glass is used to avoid some fees. I don't know. It probably depends on their contracts. If it was in need of a KS, and it wasn't exorbitant, I think it could succeed.

Dr Who is probably the only other KSable table if they could work out terms.

Last edited:

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Yeah would have to be either LOTR or TSPP as far as getting people excited for acquirable licensed tables.

Alternatively if they could score a somewhat newer Stern licensed table AC/DC or Star Trek that would likely turn a fair number of people to pledge.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
LOTR is Whitestar (same ROM as HRC and HD3) so shouldn't be a problem emulation-wise. License-wise is a different story.

Interestingly the LOTR LE uses SAM. So at the moment that edition would be ruled out since FS can't get that emulated on portable devices.

TSPP has the additional benefit of (probably) allowing the original DE Simpsons to be done too. The only TSPP I've ever come across was broken, so I can't say I've ever played it in any capacity.

Based on playing time alone, I'd have to vote for LOTR.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Oh wow. I didn't know LOTR was Whitestar.

I love The Simpsons and LOTR, so I'd contribute to both.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
When isn't a location TSPP broken? Every one I've come across at least has the Itchy & Scratchy targets not working. The list only grows from there it seems.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Not surprised.Very popular pin.

But it's the same damn thing broken every time! The one I just played a few weeks back had its upper left flipper broken. Kinda kills the game, that. Also had the nastiest balls I think I've ever seen. Looked like they were fired out of a musket. Modern pinball operators suck.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
But it's the same damn thing broken every time! The one I just played a few weeks back had its upper left flipper broken. Kinda kills the game, that. Also had the nastiest balls I think I've ever seen. Looked like they were fired out of a musket. Modern pinball operators suck.
Oh, this had the upper right flipper and right mini playfield flippers totally dead, the Garage sensor wasn't working, and all the playfield lights were out.

A quick browse of the manual tells me that's all fixed by replacing some fuses.

Yet this machine was left in that easily fixable condition and even worse switched on.

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014

Not 100%, but I think it may be a buddy of mine who services that table, and if I'm remembering correctly, he told me it was fixed a week or two ago.
I think he said it was somewhere around Anaheim.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
The TSPP around here was right down the street. Never got a chance to play a game I was satisfied with. It was just a massive buttkicking every time. It was only around for a little while. So I'd love to see TSPP as the next KS so I can show that turd who's boss. Great, in depth table. Those other ones would be awesome too

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Not 100%, but I think it may be a buddy of mine who services that table, and if I'm remembering correctly, he told me it was fixed a week or two ago.
I think he said it was somewhere around Anaheim.

Actually this was in NOLA a few weeks back, at Barcadia. Where in Anaheim does your buddy operate tables? I'll go check it out maybe.

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
Actually this was in NOLA a few weeks back, at Barcadia. Where in Anaheim does your buddy operate tables? I'll go check it out maybe.

Not sure. He has an arcade route all over southern california. He just happened to mention how much he hates working on Pinball.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Down here in Florida, I've played 3 The Simpson's Pinball Party's, and all 3 of them worked great. The only thing bad was I always got my butt kicked on them every time. Are Beef O Brady's down here got in a Striker Xtreme from Stern, talk about beat up, the Goalie doesn't move anymore so the ball always gets stuck in the corner, and right next to the goalie you go into a hole and it's supposed to push the ball up the metal tube, but the solenoid isn't always powerful enough to push the ball up the metal tube. The place were I used to play Safe Cracker got rid of the Pinball games, so I can't play Safe Cracker or Indiana Jones: Pinball Adventure anymore, a couple of days ago I cried and cried and cried, now I have to add Indiana Jones to my list of games I want badly on TPA, it will go along with Safe Cracker and Rescue 911.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts