Next Kickstarter for Season 5

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
I really would like to see TSPP as the next kickstarter, and it would seem more likely to be that since LOTR seems to maybe be a more expensive licence to me. I would really like both tables to come to TPA eventually though, but I would like to see TSPP first since it is a cartoonish table, and I like that type of theme better. That said, I think LOTR has pretty equal, but in terms of epicness rather than cartoonish humor. TSPP has a neat playfield with some neat multiball stacking from what I've heard, and LOTR has a very deep ruleset with very difficult modes to complete. One of my other reasons for choosing TSPP is that they might be able to include Data East's The Simpsons table, which seems like a fun table, but not on the scale of other highly rated tables mentioned here.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yeah, the better game out of TSPP vs LOTR is an eternal debate. I like LOTR better as a real machine, but would prefer TSPP for TPA. Because I've played LOTR plenty and covered most of what the machine does, but always want to build up more crazy stacks on TSPP (which is, of course, always broken on location.)

DE Simpsons is just wishful thinking, though. It wouldn't make business sense. It's a full extra table of work that would be completely overshadowed by TSPP and sell a small fraction of it. It'd be like tacking on the 1979 Bally Star Trek to the STTNG kickstarter, or Stern Dracula to BSD. It's nothing like TAF Gold which was just a bit of extra work for a nice upgrade. At best, DE Simpsons might be done separately someday later on like the older Elvira table after Scared Stiff.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Alternatively if they could score a somewhat newer Stern licensed table AC/DC or Star Trek that would likely turn a fair number of people to pledge.

I would pledge for Farsight to NOT make the Stern Star Trek. We already have the original version, anyway.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I would pledge for Farsight to NOT make the Stern Star Trek. We already have the original version, anyway.

Well the original was the '78 Williams one. There was also another one in '91 before ST:NG too - which also would like.

The Stern one is a lot of fun. Fast play, some decent modes, a great light show (on Premiums/LE) and its a new table.

PinBotMan

Apr 26, 2015
Put me down for Simpsons Pinball Party! I'd also love Jurassic Park and Batman (1991) for nostalgia reasons, two of the few I got to play IRL growing up.

Last edited:

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I have yet to contribute to any Kickstarter yet. TAF I was never really intrigued by. I keep hearing it's the best pin by far but I just don't see it. Even in TPA.

Now LOTR is my favorite all time pin and a must have for me. I will definitely contribute to that Kickstarter.

TSPP Is ok too so I might contribute to it as well but not as much as LOTR.

Most any of the Modern sterns I love. TRON, Spiderman, Iron Man, AC/DC, Metallica, Star Trek. Batman, Pirates of the Caribbean, Transformers, TWD They all are a blast to play.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I have never played LOTR or Simpsons but they would both be really cool. I'd also love South Park (which I've never played either) purely because I am a great South Park-fan!

But, as my signature has been stating for a long time. Please give us The Shadow and Dr Who! I can't see how Dr Who could have that much more expensive license than many others...

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
The Shadow may not even need a kickstarter. We got a fairly obscure movie-based pin (Starship Troopers) and Bram Stokers Dracula. The Shadow falls right in line with those movies.

Someone did hint the next kickstarter would be a heavy-hitter. Doesn't get much bigger than The Simpsons, which has 2 tables that would make a cool pack. And should have no problem getting funded.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
The Shadow may not even need a kickstarter. We got a fairly obscure movie-based pin (Starship Troopers) and Bram Stokers Dracula. The Shadow falls right in line with those movies.

Someone did hint the next kickstarter would be a heavy-hitter. Doesn't get much bigger than The Simpsons, which has 2 tables that would make a cool pack. And should have no problem getting funded.

IMO, the next KS has to be a heavy hitter. People aren't going to line up to support anything less than the very most requested tables.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Just wish we could get some info well in advance. Not saying now, but from what I'm seeing, a lot of you guys are willing to help out. So let's make it happen! I realise I'm jumping the gun, haha

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
LOTR, my alltime favorite after a long love affair with Indy '93 because of college nostalgia. I actually own a real LOTR since a week, and I couldn't be happier! I had it restored and polished by a company in Germany and they did a wonderful job. With the playfield protector, it looks and plays great.
I would pitch in for any KS that brings us LOTR, TSPP and/or Indy '93. I like 'm all! And I would be totally shocked if any of those would fail as KS. Not after T2 got funded anyway. Only question would be how much higher the KS goal would be, and if Farsight would handle the KS campaign better than the earlier ones.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I have never played LOTR or Simpsons but they would both be really cool. I'd also love South Park (which I've never played either) purely because I am a great South Park-fan!

But, as my signature has been stating for a long time. Please give us The Shadow and Dr Who! I can't see how Dr Who could have that much more expensive license than many others...

I would pitch in for those two too. I read somewhere that the trouble with the Dr. Who license could be that there are a lot of different actors that played the dr. in the series and that they all are figured in the game. I don't know if this is true though, because I don't know the table that well.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
FS has said on at least two occasions that Dr Who would be a nightmare. So I've erased it from my mind as a possibility.
Sounds like TSPP would be the next one they go after. It wouldn't be my first choice, but I would certainly back it.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
FS has said on at least two occasions that Dr Who would be a nightmare. So I've erased it from my mind as a possibility.
Sounds like TSPP would be the next one they go after. It wouldn't be my first choice, but I would certainly back it.

it's a shame because Dr. Who is so popular right now it could probably support a kickstarter. I wonder how the bbc get around having dalek and K9 merchandise on other toys. some kind of deal had to have been made. it's not like any of the previous doctors have really done anything since the show to warrant an extreme price.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
it's a shame because Dr. Who is so popular right now it could probably support a kickstarter. I wonder how the bbc get around having dalek and K9 merchandise on other toys. some kind of deal had to have been made. it's not like any of the previous doctors have really done anything since the show to warrant an extreme price.
Hartnell, Troughton, Pertwee are all dead. Of the three Pertwee did the most non-Who.
Tom Baker's been in lots of stuff. Still crops up in places (including a recent New Who cameo).
Peter Davison too.
Fair to say Colin Baker's career fell off a cliff.
Sylvester McCoy was most recently seen reeking it up as Radagast in The Hobbit, so he's been around.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Simpsons is all but announced at this point for the next kickstarted. I would love to see it come out although there are several tables i would be more excited for. Demolition man, shadow, and Congo would all be great to see! Not to mention family guy. Nothing else would be too realistic or appealing for me. I agree dr who would be awesome but just not like based on past statements. Rule out everything Disney/marvel/Lucas as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts