LOTR
Simpsons Pinball Party
The Shadow

These are ones that would be cool to have but are lower on my priority list:

Doctor Who
Congo
Judge Dredd
Jurassic Park

Obviously any of the Sterns, new or old, would be awesome as well.

RustyShackleford

Aug 27, 2014
I've asked farsight about Indiana Jones every Kickstarter since twilight zone, and it's never sounds like it's got a chance of making it unfortunately.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Dr Who has next to no chance of coming to TPA

:( - I have had my hopes for it for a while but never really thought it would be that much trouble. I can see it being troublesome with so many different people involved...Damn! I could have guessed Indy'93 would be quite difficult to fund since it is so commercial so that means 2 out of my 3 most wanted (well 4, Whitewater was one) wont be created in TPA.

Well, have to keep my hopes up for The Shadow instead! I wonder how they would solve the blue buttons on that one though. Pushing extra buttons on iOS is quite difficult.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I've asked farsight about Indiana Jones every Kickstarter since twilight zone, and it's never sounds like it's got a chance of making it unfortunately.

Pretty much.

It's owned by Disney now, so the consensus is it's pretty much out of reach. Farsight has even said they can't even get a number from them.

Nolan

Jan 19, 2014
I asked about Dark Knight and LoTR during a stream with the head of the company (forgot the guys name) and he said LoTR might get affordable after a few years, and Dark Knight is impossible because the licensing would be in the millions.

Id LOVE to see some of the more modern Stern tables based on Marvel stuff, like Xmen or Iron Man, but I dont think Disney comes cheap.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I've been asking for The Simpson's tables since Pinball Arcade was first announced.

I really hope they consider releasing either one or both tables in a Kickstarter Dual Pack.
They better do it before Harry Shearer ends up leaving or else he'll never sign on for it!

Farsight also realizes they need a good animation based table.
Zen released South Park tables and they look and play like a dream.

Come on Farsight!!
SimpsonsPinballPartyOriginalPlayfieldUpper.jpg

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Simpsons NEEDS to happen.

Wonder if Harry Shearer leaving the show complicates things too much now? that would be a true bummer.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Speaking of kickstarters...anyone been following the Yooka-laylee or Bloodstained kickstarter campaigns? Farsighted should be taking notes. That's how you do a kickstarter.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
What makes you think they still need to do Kickstarters?

TPA is out on 10 different devices and costs close to $150 per device to have all released tables.
They are making more than enough money to pay for the licenses upfront, a good table needing a license will pay itself back in no time.

Speaking of kickstarters...anyone been following the Yooka-laylee or Bloodstained kickstarter campaigns? Farsighted should be taking notes. That's how you do a kickstarter.

Why all the hassle? Being quiet for 2 weeks during a Kickstarter seems to work fine for Farsight, so far all their Kickstarters succeeded. :p

Last edited:

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

TPA is out on 10 different devices and costs close to $150 per device to have all released tables.
They are making more than enough money to pay for the licenses upfront, a good table needing a license will pay itself back in no time.

Why all the hassle? Being quiet for 2 weeks during a Kickstarter seems to work fine for Farsight, so far all their Kickstarters succeeded. :p

I've seen them cover a couple smaller licenses such as Starship Troopers lately, but I'm pretty sure with something like The Simpsons, the license fees would be very high. Between Fox, Danny Elfman's music, all of the voice actors, Matt Groening' s art, etc..

I just hope the mess with Harry Shearer hasn't already doomed it. Farsight desperately needs a nice colorful animated themed table like these.

Medieval_Gofers

May 29, 2013
I just hope the mess with Harry Shearer hasn't already doomed it. Farsight desperately needs a nice colorful animated themed table like these.

Harry Shearer didn't lend his voice to the TSPP table so that shouldn't be affected fingers crossed.

Only Dan Castellenta (homer, grandpa, krusty and loads of others) Hank Azaria (Wiggum, Moe, Apu and loads of others) and Nancy Cartwright (Bart, Nelson and others) lended their voices to the game. That's why Lisa, Marge and Mr Burns for example don't say anything. I have high hopes for this as the next kickstarter. Expensive, but the Simpsons appears to be quite easy to get if you have the money as you see it licensed everywhere.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013

How much are they making exactly? How many of each table do they sell each month? And the totals for each platform? What are the sales of season pass vs ala cart purchasing? And how much are their operating costs? Things like salaries, electricity, building lease, current licensing costs towards pinball manufacturers, insurance costs, pinball table costs, shipping costs, etc?

If you're in the know I'd be curious.

But I suspect you are not in the know. As are no one outside the company so we can only make armchair Internet speculation of how well (or not) the company is doing to plunk down a potential 100k + whatever work cost towards making a table is, and still make a profit from it.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Harry Shearer didn't lend his voice to the TSPP table so that shouldn't be affected fingers crossed.

Only Dan Castellenta (homer, grandpa, krusty and loads of others) Hank Azaria (Wiggum, Moe, Apu and loads of others) and Nancy Cartwright (Bart, Nelson and others) lended their voices to the game. That's why Lisa, Marge and Mr Burns for example don't say anything. I have high hopes for this as the next kickstarter. Expensive, but the Simpsons appears to be quite easy to get if you have the money as you see it licensed everywhere.

Ahh good point. :p
I never played The Simpsons Pinball Party, only the original, and just assumed they added more voice talent to TSPP.
While it sucks that none of his character voices are in it, it might be better off to avoid any current issues.

Annorax

Feb 2, 2013
TSPP, if we're not going for older stuff that would be easier to get a packaged license for, like WWF.

I'd love to see Apollo 13, but that's also going to have a likely ridiculous cost for the actors' likeness rights & older devices may have issues with the 13 ball mode...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.