Discussion thread about the FreeCamera Mod

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
****. I feel for you :)
Haven't had the time to try what Markus suggested.
Maybe nvidia drivers have a problem with this kind of setup.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
****. I feel for you :)
Haven't had the time to try what Markus suggested.
Maybe nvidia drivers have a problem with this kind of setup.

I think my card is a 970...things seem to run ok on my setup (3 monitors utilising the no ex mod). i can't say I have noticed stuttering on TPA but if there's a game or point you know where the stuttering occurs I can always check mine to see.

I do, however, experience stuttering with Zen games quite frequently on cab mode.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
I did connect the back display to my onboard intel HD 3000 Card. This crappy gfx card should work fine for Backglass images, videos, or even wit b2s.
and...unfortunately I forgot to put steam to offline, meeeeh
NoEx pleeeasse

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
OK, thanks to NoEx releasing the new version I could test and... THANKS Markus!!! Switching to my onboard graphics for the backglass completely fixed the stutter issue! Well 99,9999%, not game breaking anymore.
I did't expect that, because I heard that multiple gfx cards are likely to cause stuttering, but maybe this only applies to SLI or Xfire setups.
Awesome, I am lucky I had this option (I knew I chose that chipset for a reason).

As for the settings all is cranked up again, for V-Sync I noticed that "app controlled" worked best for me. Definetly NO tripple buffer ;)

EDIT: If you want to observe if you have it or not - use a slow table with plenty of ball rolling time. So generally EMs like Big Shot etc.

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
.... Switching to my onboard graphics for the backglass completely fixed the stutter issue! ....

You are lucky that you were able to do that. On many PC's, like mine, once a graphics card is added into a slot then the integrated/onboard graphics is disabled.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Bummer. There really is no way to set this in the bios?
On mine for onboard gfx there is "auto" (your case) and "always on", which allows me to use both. I also slightly increased the dedicated memory to 256MB.
Normally you should be able to use multiple gfx cards. Onboard or no.

Markus

Apr 18, 2015
OK, thanks to NoEx releasing the new version I could test and... THANKS Markus!!! Switching to my onboard graphics for the backglass completely fixed the stutter issue! Well 99,9999%, not game breaking anymore.
I did't expect that, because I heard that multiple gfx cards are likely to cause stuttering, but maybe this only applies to SLI or Xfire setups.
Awesome, I am lucky I had this option (I knew I chose that chipset for a reason).

As for the settings all is cranked up again, for V-Sync I noticed that "app controlled" worked best for me. Definetly NO tripple buffer ;)

EDIT: If you want to observe if you have it or not - use a slow table with plenty of ball rolling time. So generally EMs like Big Shot etc.

Good news! I am glad that it is working for you too.

Markus

Apr 18, 2015
You are lucky that you were able to do that. On many PC's, like mine, once a graphics card is added into a slot then the integrated/onboard graphics is disabled.

My Mainboard is quite new, and I got the option to activate the onboard graphics together with the additional graphic card at first with the third bios update. So maybe it is worth to check that.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
My Mainboard is quite new, and I got the option to activate the onboard graphics together with the additional graphic card at first with the third bios update. So maybe it is worth to check that.

Thanks Markus, I took your suggestion and checked. My Bios is as current as it gets for this 5 year old PC and I cannot find that option anywhere. But, I did just run some tests with Big Shot, as mpad had suggested. Fortunately I don't see any stuttering and get the same smooth performance on Big Shot with or without the Camera Mod. I am in a 2 monitor setup. My graphics card is a GTX 960, with my playfield monitor using the HDMI connection and the backglass/dmd monitor using the DVI connection.

Last edited:

Florette883

Feb 20, 2016
hey everybody,

had same stutter prob. and no chance to config Bios for using onboard and card at the same time. So i ordered a external usb grafik card and put Backgass monitor to that device.
No Stutter any longer.
I am using a GTX 750Ti
V sync on , pre rendered frames set to 1 , TPA settings max. . Everything fine now.

Flo

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
hey everybody,

had same stutter prob. and no chance to config Bios for using onboard and card at the same time. So i ordered a external usb grafik card and put Backgass monitor to that device.
No Stutter any longer.
I am using a GTX 750Ti
V sync on , pre rendered frames set to 1 , TPA settings max. . Everything fine now.

Flo

That's good to know that an external USB graphics card could solve the stuttering problem. Which USB graphics card are you using for the Backglass? And welcome to the forum, Flo!

Last edited:

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
current rig is
i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz
8GB Ram
GTX 970
windows 10 64bit
so what I found was I can't run the backglass monitor at full native 1920x1200 resolution without a slight shutter. Playfield @ 1080x1920 with a backbuffer of 2160x4400 is fine but the max I can run the backglass without the micro stutters is 1600x1200
I dont know why it matters but it seems to. I've noticed a slight performance hit from all things combined, mod, pinballx with video backglass's, x360ce for analog nudge..all combine to give a noticeable performance hit..but the resolution of the backglass seems to affect the smoothness of gameplay the most.

it feels like a monitor timing issue to me like the playfield display is trying to correct a sync issue with the backglass vs the other way around...but who knows.
for those that still have the issue try lowering your backglass res and see if it helps 1280x1024 worked great for me before i upgraded my video card.
or if you can try running it on secondary video adapter.

hopefully between those two choices more can get it running better.

Florette883

Feb 20, 2016
hey everybody,

I use the "i-tec usb display adapter"....... but.......
I am back to use both monitors on the video card. Two days i have no stutter but now, stutter is back :( , much less than before but it is back. Difference is not really recognisable so i changed back.
i am a little bit demotivated now.
Next issue is i thought i have no delay, but i installed VP too now and its a big difference between TPA and VP. If i play 30 minutes VP i wont hit any ball at TPA :) .
It's two minutes to midnight to kick the whole stuff out of the window :) .
I have set "pre rendered frames to 1" , nothing happens about delay.
Is there any other chance to get delay more in direction of VP or is there a rest of delay for TPA that can not be fixed.
Monitor on PC mode .... etc. ... everything done.

Best Flo

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
did you notice the playfield looked brighter when the stuttering returned?
I'm really not sure what would be causing it to come and go after 2 days of use.

Nate

Jan 20, 2015
noex can you hook me up with whatever your cooking up for the oculus? I need it in my life badly. your pm box is full so I cant harass you. hook me up I know you got it working =)

shadowjuggalo

May 10, 2016
Hello i just have a quick question and couldn't find a thread for it. I got the mod to work took me, awhile but i got it. My problem is on totan when i get the floating dmd box the dmd is half cut out, and im seeing the back glass of the pinball machine. how can i move the actual dmd inside the floating on to center it. im using top down view, with some camera files noex gave in a another thread. if that matters.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.