Discussion thread about the FreeCamera Mod

BoogieVan73

Sep 11, 2014
Starting steam with admin rights solved the problem with PA staying minimized, but like Haydon1976 and lio, I have te problem that PA does not register any keyboard/mouse events any more. Gamepad works, but it seems all mouse/keyboard events are "consumed" by the mod and not getting through to PA itself.
OS ist Windows 7 (SP1) by the way.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
Try clicking on the table itself so it has the input focus, that should make keyboard input work on the table and on the Free Cam Mod.

Haydon1976

Nov 11, 2013
All good now working as it should �� give yourself a pat on the back mate .finally enjoying my cab again with proper cam views ��������
Now we need a backglass mod ��

poposchmatzer

Dec 24, 2014
Thanks a lot for the mod we're waiting such a long time. Can anyone show the settings for the view around a height of 1, 90 m copied from a real pinball as a preference?

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Tips that might help if your having trouble:

- Run PBA as Admin of course (go to Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade and right-click PinballArcade11.exe and go to Properties then Compatability Tab and check the box "Run this program as an Administrator".

- Stay in Windowed mode while you are adjusting cameras for tables. You will need to click off of the Free Camera interface (anywhere on your PBA window) after interaction with interface to make the PBA window active again so your keyboard will work with PBA

- I use hotkeys (you'll need to check this each time you run Free Camera Mod - would be cool if that setting just stayed checked) for adjusting and lower the Camera Speed on the interface so fine adjustments are possible

- The main keys that I use (now that I've played around a bit with this I'm very comfortable with the hotkeys and flying through camera setups with ease) are Home, End, up-down-right-left arrows, num key pad 1,2,3,4,5,6, and use num key pad 0 to hide\wake the interface

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
nudnick, take a look at the Settings.ini file, you can set the hotkey box auto checked each time you start the mod (HotKeys=1).

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
nudnick, take a look at the Settings.ini file, you can set the hotkey box auto checked each time you start the mod (HotKeys=1).

Doh! ... Awesome. NoEx, I'm really loving this Mod. Running the tables in Hybrid view is really cool with the DMD in view (no more HUD). Just awesome. We need to get FS to fix the DMD\score boards on Season one tables. And Im also finding out that with a view taylored to my likings, that I'm playing better as well.

PS ... I tried to buy you a beer last night, but the pay pal sight would not accept a dollar\ eureo amount. Kept telling me "invalid $ ammount"? Tried €13.37 ($15.00 US) and it would not take it.

Last edited:

BoogieVan73

Sep 11, 2014
So, after starting a table with the gamepad, I wa able to re-activate keyboard input by clicking the table. Since then it works from start now - thx a lot for the mod, beer(s) are on their way :)

One more thing - is there a reset option for the camera back to default/starting settings?

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
"The current build only works with the DX11 version of the game."

Does it check for version on the TPA exe? How will future updates be handled (every month new table, bugfixes), do you have to update your program for each and every table that is released?

Done a runthrough all the tables and tweaked some to my liking; it makes a world of a difference. This is the way TPA should have been on release, with adjustable camera for us who wanted an other view. Mostly I set it up as closely as I would see a table if I were standing infront of it myself; helps that I am 194cm - but I mostly crouch a little bit.

Cheerio!

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Agreed this is a total game changer/transformer. I still to this day cannot believe Farsight haven't added a bespoke camera, but thanks to NoEx we have something now.

It would be nice to see some screenahots of the camera angles people have come up with along with the .cam file text, until the full upload site is setup.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Does full screen not work? I can get the HUD to appear when it's windowed, but when I press alt-enter to go full screen, the HUD disappears and every time I try to adjust using hotkeys, it goes back to the default camera.

Edit: It's just acting weird, it seems to be okay now. I'm sure these will be things that get ironed out in due course :)

Edit #2: Yeah, it seems to be weird with whether it's fullscreen or not, and sometimes it seems it might not start or quit by itself. But it's probably my issue, I'll try and narrow it down.

Last edited:

Negasonic

Feb 16, 2014
Does full screen not work? I can get the HUD to appear when it's windowed, but when I press alt-enter to go full screen, the HUD disappears

Same here. In full screen (Alt+Enter) the interface for the cam mod is not shown. I think its "hidden" behind the game screen in some way...

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Great work NoEX, is there anyway to send the DMD to a 2nd or 3rd display?

[MENTION=150]lettuce[/MENTION] : not at the moment

So is it even possible to achieve that, i was toying with the idea of cloning the main display on the 2nd/3rd display and windowing the game and then adjusting the window so the DMD lines up on the 2nd/3rd monitor....though this is just theory and not even sure if it would work in practice?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
The camera mod can only work in windowed mode. In the non-DX11 version I first tested NoEX specifically said that, and it applies to this version too. I think don't think is techically possible to overlay so an app running in full screen.

All you need to do is Alt-Enter to go to windowed mode when using the mod, and Alt-Enter to go back.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
I guess for now this is the best place to share camera files for now.

Here's How I setup mine.
The main view is this hybrid view so you can can see the DMD on the back glass. Second view looks at the backglass full on and 3rd view is topdown(more for plunging then anything.)

This Gif cycles thru each main view for season 3 and the link to the all tables camera files.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=b94453c5877d4e1d%2111215

84C1kvn.gif

Last edited:

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
One more thing - is there a reset option for the camera back to default/starting settings?

It's on my todo list.

"The current build only works with the DX11 version of the game."

Does it check for version on the TPA exe? How will future updates be handled (every month new table, bugfixes), do you have to update your program for each and every table that is released?

Yes it checks TPA version when you start the mod, it won't run if the game has been updated and i got to update my mod with the new game version. For now you have to re-download my mod once updated but i'll probably code something to automatically get the update when it's available.

Same here. In full screen (Alt+Enter) the interface for the cam mod is not shown. I think its "hidden" behind the game screen in some way...

Yes the overlay is displayed only in windowed mode, stay in this mode to adjust the cameras and go to full screen (alt+enter) once you're done.

In the final release of the DX11 version, it won't be a problem anymore because it'll be possible to start the game in Fullscreen Window mode (borderless).

So is it even possible to achieve that, i was toying with the idea of cloning the main display on the 2nd/3rd display and windowing the game and then adjusting the window so the DMD lines up on the 2nd/3rd monitor....though this is just theory and not even sure if it would work in practice?

Nop, it's not that simple + it would reduce the performance a lot because your comp will have to handle the game's display twice.

PinBalt

Apr 8, 2012
Hi NoEx and Big Thanks. One issue - The Camera Mod Window tends to be in the Upper Right corner and Only half on the windowed screen. I wish the Camera Mod Panel was movable but I cannot seem to drag it anywhere. I have to move the TPA window way to the left for the Camera Option Panel to show up and edit. I then cannot get a good view of how the changes are affecting the game. Is the Camera Mod panel movable and I am doing something incorrectly? Have you seen this issue? Awesome work and thanks so much!

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Here's How I setup mine.
The main view is this hybrid view so you can can see the DMD on the back glass. Second view looks at the backglass full on and 3rd view is topdown(more for plunging then anything.)

This Gif cycles thru each main view for season 3 and the link to the season 3 camera files.

Nice views Robert :)

Members online

Members online