Discussion thread about the FreeCamera Mod

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
thx SilverBalls

NoEx I can't figure out the buy you a Beer it keeps coming up in French(which I don't speak or read) is there away to display that in English?
maybe I'm missing something.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
thx SilverBalls

NoEx I can't figure out the buy you a Beer it keeps coming up in French(which I don't speak or read) is there away to display that in English?
maybe I'm missing something.

Google Chrome you can right click web page and choose "Translate to English"

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
You should be able to change the language:

55488360pp.png

1moreastronaut

Aug 22, 2013
Oh...my...god...

Thanks so much, NoEx. This is quite literally a game-changer. And I'm so glad you were so easily able to incorporate my suggestion about multiple cameras attached to hotkeys. It works extremely well for desktop and I can't wait to try it on my pre-build cabinet PC. :)

1moreastronaut

Aug 22, 2013
I guess for now this is the best place to share camera files for now.

Here's How I setup mine.
The main view is this hybrid view so you can can see the DMD on the back glass. Second view looks at the backglass full on and 3rd view is topdown(more for plunging then anything.)

Thanks for this, Robert. Your top-down views are excellent good starting points for pincab setups. :)

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Pincab setup is an interesting thing. I prefer the in game portrait view 1..it gives the right perspective that objects at the back of the table are being viewed from an angle..vs the camera view being centered above the table like a ceiling lamp. I guess the game would need some kind of Keystone adjustment to compensate for the perspective angles tho.....Someday :)

NoEx
would you consider making an option for the keyboard shortcuts for the different views toggle able or Push and hold?
What I'm thinking is on tables like Scared Stiff or Cyclone I'd prefer to just Hold a key down to see the back glass but then letting go will return to default view 1.
Or tapping key once goes to that view..tapping again(off) returns to previous view. I think Future Pinball sort of does this with the Glance at Backglass view..I think it would help

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Robert, might not JoyToKey be used for Push and hold? Or you can use that for the time being if NoEx thinks it is something to implement.

For myself I wouldn't mind 2-3 more views :cool:
So much more relaxing to play now; no more aggro when not seeing the outlanes or weird POV.

lio

Jul 24, 2013
Tips that might help if your having trouble:

- Run PBA as Admin of course (go to Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade and right-click PinballArcade11.exe and go to Properties then Compatability Tab and check the box "Run this program as an Administrator".

Thanks, that fixed my no-keyboard input problem - should have thought of that myself... :)

1moreastronaut

Aug 22, 2013
Pincab setup is an interesting thing. I prefer the in game portrait view 1..it gives the right perspective that objects at the back of the table are being viewed from an angle..vs the camera view being centered above the table like a ceiling lamp.

Agreed. The problem with FarSight's choices is that they're inconsistent. Having this tool to just tweak those tables that need tweaking is outstanding, and your top-down views provide a good jumping-off point for making those adjustments.

hammr25

Oct 4, 2012
Thanks for the mod. It's nice to be able to move the camera position to a more natural one. It goes really well with the DirectX 11 update and a portrait monitor.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Is the mod FarSight approved? Keep feeling like the rug is going to be pulled from under our feet.

Been putting in some time playing this. Have played TPA more the past few days than ever before. Thanks goes to NoEx for developing the mod and to Robert Misner for taking the time to make the views. Also thank you both for releasing them so that we can all enjoy.

Thank you FarSight also. The DX11 updates have improved the game greatly. Makes me want to order a full size cab now for TPA.

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Because of Administrator mode Joy2Key won't work

JoytoKey, which I use in both DX9 TPA and DX11 TPA , stopped working for me after I started using this great camera mod. Through my doing System Restores, lots of trial and error, and web research (including finding http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3216107 ), I found the reason for my problem is that JoytoKey will not work if Steam is being run as an Administrator. I am able to at least get DX9 TPA to work again with Joy2Key by not running Steam itself as An Administrator.

Then by my using Nudnick's tip of

Tips that might help if your having trouble:

... (go to Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade and right-click PinballArcade11.exe and go to Properties then Compatability Tab and check the box "Run this program as an Administrator".

I can run DX11 TPA separately as an Administrator and the Camera Mod is still happy. (Rather than forcing all of Steam to be Administrator.) But then sadly JoytoKey, which I use for additional nudge inputs (using mapped letters) and for slap saves (combining nudge and flipper), will still not work with DX11 TPA and the Camera Mod. Any suggestions on how to get JoytoKey to work with DX11 TPA at the same time as the Camera Mod? Or, alternatively, do you know if XPadder can map an xbox controller trigger button to two keyboard letters at a time AND still work if TPA is under Administrator mode?

P.S. This post described how I use JoytoKey with TPA: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...Wizard-and-TPA?p=199336&viewfull=1#post199336 (Since I already have the analogue left joystick in TPA's internal controller settings mapped to the 4 way nudge, JoytoKey was the only way I found that I could have the two triggers also have any nudge capability.)

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
JoytoKey, which I use in both DX9 TPA and DX11 TPA , stopped working for me after I started using this great camera mod. Through my doing System Restores, lots of trial and error, and web research (including finding http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3216107 ), I found the reason for my problem is that JoytoKey will not work if Steam is being run as an Administrator. I am able to at least get DX9 TPA to work again with JoytoKey by not running Steam itself as An Administrator.

Then by my using Nudnick's tip of

I can run DX11 TPA separately as an Administrator and the Camera Mod is still happy. (Rather than forcing all of Steam to be Administrator.) But then sadly JoytoKey, which I use for additional nudge inputs (using mapped letters) and for slap saves (combining nudge and flipper), will still not work with DX11 TPA and the Camera Mod. Any suggestions on how to get JoytoKey to work with DX11 TPA at the same time as the Camera Mod? Or, alternatively, do you know if XPadder can map an xbox controller trigger button to two keyboard letters at a time AND still work if TPA is under Administrator mode?

P.S. This post described how I use JoytoKeywith TPA: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...Wizard-and-TPA?p=199336&viewfull=1#post199336 (Since I already have the analogue left joystick in TPA's internal controller settings mapped to the 4 way nudge, JoytoKey was the only way I found that I could have the two triggers also have any nudge capability.)

Solved! :) The solution was for me to also run JoyToKey in Administrator mode. (So all three need to be run in Administrator mode: Steam or DX11 TPA, the Camera Mod, and JoyToKey.) My thanks to an old Steampowered Forum post regarding XPadder and Steam, http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26239800&postcount=3 , as the same solution worked for me with JoyToKey and Steam/TPA.

Last edited:

DornoDios

Dec 24, 2012
Thank you NoEx! You my good sir are a scholar and a gentleman!

Unfortunately I decided to d/l this right as the game is updated, lol.

Lucky for me I'm obsessed with another game right now (Kaiju-A-GoGo). I mainly just wanted to post and thank you for doing this.

I also submitted your application to the Avast antivirus people as a 'False Positive' with a link to this thread. So, with any luck they will remove the flag sooner or later.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.