Discussion thread about the FreeCamera Mod

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
OK NoEx .... Xenon is released for PC ... I'm playing it now. Go do your thing! Let us know when update is available. :D I got an error message telling me to let you know its time for an update. :cool:

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Poor NoEx :p
To bad it has to be updated when a table is added but if that is the way TPA works when adding a table I guess NoEx has an ongoing project for as long as TPA is rolling out tables (hopefully for a very long time yet).

One can always go back to the Beta if one tires of Xenon.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Poor NoEx :p
To bad it has to be updated when a table is added but if that is the way TPA works when adding a table I guess NoEx has an ongoing project for as long as TPA is rolling out tables (hopefully for a very long time yet).

Yes ... NoEx has become a very valuable person in this world ... we must take care of him and make sure he stays healthy and out of harms way and that he stays out of trouble. Be careful out there NoEx ... we need you! :p

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013

Does anyone know how to go back to version 1.37.12, the version before today's beta? I have tried everything. First I went into Steam and got out of the beta and rebooted. But that did not help as it had already started the 1.38.9 download, so I let the download complete. XENON was there and I played it a bit. I was able to retrieve a backup of the entire "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade" 1.37.12 folder by doing a System Restore, and saving that folder to another drive. I had also renamed (for safekeeping) the downloaded 1.38.9 folder to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\xenonPinballArcade". I copied my backup 1.37.12 folder to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade". However when I retested, the only tables available were in My Tables and they were only the 4 Base tables of TOTAN, Black Hole, Ripleys, and Theater of Magic. This is despite the fact that I own every single table (from Season Pro packs), so normally every TPA table appears in My Tables. If anyone has any ideas of what's going on and why it's not showing all my tables, I would appreciate your reply about this. This is more than getting the Camera Mod to work again (as we know wonderful NoEx is going to update it); I am wondering what Steam is doing DLC-wise with my Tables. Although I was looking forward over the 3 day U.S. Holiday weekend to using the Camera Mod, TPA DX11, and my new video card, all on my Portrait rotated TV for the first time.

P.S. If I do some double renaming of folders, the "xenonPinballArcade" version still shows all my Tables again.

Last edited:

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Ouch... I just assumed switching back to Beta would re-download that, exclude Xenon and set it up as .12 version.

I will probably try reverting myself when I get back home from work today; think I will just delete the dx11.exe and enter beta; maybe then 'check the cache' or Verify integrity of game cache as Steam calls it.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Ouch... I just assumed switching back to Beta would re-download that, exclude Xenon and set it up as .12 version.

I will probably try reverting myself when I get back home from work today; think I will just delete the dx11.exe and enter beta; maybe then 'check the cache' or Verify integrity of game cache as Steam calls it.

But isn't DX11 1.38.9 ALSO beta? So if you enter into the Beta and delete PinballArcade11.exe, isn't it going to just download the DX11 1.38.9 version again? I am not clear about this, because my assumption is that so far all the versions of DX11 have been beta. And is DX11 1.37.12 available to download from anywhere on Steam again? Please clarify.

Last edited:

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Well; I was in Beta and noticed I did not get Xenon when released. So I opted out and it DL the non-beta and I could play but without a working camera mod.

So now I am just going to opt in to the beta again and hope it DL the version I had before, and it should since it is different than the non-beta.

You have to go into 'options' in the game library menu highligting TPA. Choose 'properties' and the page 'beta'. Opt into the program through the list and it should DL.

Cheers :)

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Well; I was in Beta and noticed I did not get Xenon when released. So I opted out and it DL the non-beta and I could play but without a working camera mod.

So now I am just going to opt in to the beta again and hope it DL the version I had before, and it should since it is different than the non-beta.

You have to go into 'options' in the game library menu highligting TPA. Choose 'properties' and the page 'beta'. Opt into the program through the list and it should DL.

Cheers :)

Interesting, Locksley. In Steam, I just did the Local Files/Delete Local Game Content (from TPA Properties). After that I triggered a re-download which it's doing as the non-Beta. It's 2am here, and it's half done. So I will see either later tonight, or in the morning what version of DX11 shows up. Then I will opt back into the Beta and see what I get. :)

Last edited:

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
I just renamed my TPA folder and are DL the BETA .12

After that it 'should' wokr (I hope).

Then I can just rename the two TPA folders so I can play Xenon when I want and getting the Camera mod when I want on the rest of the tables.

Fingers crossed!

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Interesting, Locksley. In Steam, I just did the Local Files/Delete Local Game Content (from TPA Properties). After that I triggered a re-download which it's doing as the non-Beta. It's 2am here, and it's half done. So I will see either later tonight, or in the morning what version of DX11 shows up. Then I will opt back into the Beta and see what I get. :)

Wow, it downloaded already for me. And turns out it downloaded the Beta. Because when it was all done, that's what it says under "Favorites". When I went to run it, it was version 1.38.9 (and it had XENON). So still I haven't found a way to get a fresh copy of 1.37.12 again. Hope it works for you Locksley.

Last edited:

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
You are right :(
The Xenon table gets DL in the Beta too and messes up the mod. Or rather, as you wrote - it is the .9 version...

Well...

NoEx, quick - come back! :cool:

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
I just renamed my TPA folder and are DL the BETA .12

After that it 'should' wokr (I hope).

Then I can just rename the two TPA folders so I can play Xenon when I want and getting the Camera mod when I want on the rest of the tables.

Fingers crossed!

As I mentioned, I tried a different variation of the rename trick, and the Camera mod did work with 1.37.12. However, I only had the 4 Base tables. Let us know how it goes for you!

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
The mod has been updated (v1.01) to work with the latest version of the game (vs 1.38.9 DX11), please check the first post to download it.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
Thanks.

It was already mentioned here, but the overlay doesn't show on the fullscreen mode.
Since fullscreen is now an option in the TPAconfig I thought it could be mentioned again.
I guess we'll have to wait until FarSight includes fullscreen windowed mode in DX11, like they did in DX9.

Also Avast and Nod32 still flag the executable as a suspected file, it's a false-positive if people are worried about it. https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...945ade145e1a7448479f2de8/analysis/1432386393/

Negasonic

Feb 16, 2014
The mod has been updated (v1.01) to work with the latest version of the game (vs 1.38.9 DX11), please check the first post to download it.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but clicking the link in the first post gives me a message telling me I dont have permission to access this page. I had no issues downloading the first version.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
Strange, the first post is completely changed, it now lacks the instructions and has 2 restricted links.
About an hour ago I could download the mod from the Mega.co.nz link that was there.

Edit: It's fixed now, the download has its own thread.

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Can someone please explain what the following setting (that's in both the UI and in the Settings file) actually does? As when I use Autoload-Camera, then after I hit the Start button within a Table I have not seen any resulting difference (regardless of whether I have the following checked or not in the UI, and regardless of whether or not I have it as a "1" or a "0" in the Settings file) :

As described in NoEx's first post in this thread:
(12) If checked, the cam values are applied to the sliders when game starts, otherwise sliders values are applied to the camera.

As described in the comments, and default value, in the Settings.ini file:
; The cam values are applied to the sliders when you click START button, otherwise sliders value are applied to the cam.
AutoCamToSliders=1

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
I have found that JoyToKey, which I was already using with TPA for additional nudges, can also nicely be used for mapping to some of the HotKeys in the Camera Mod. I have the directional pad of the XBox Controller mapped to F1, to F2, to F3, and to Alt-Enter. These 4 positions of the directional pad quickly allows me to change the three views without using the keyboard, and also to toggle in/out of Full Screen Mode (which also has the added benefit of showing/hiding the Camera Mod UI without doing NumKey-0). Note: As mentioned before JoyToKey has to be run in Administrator mode. Instead of JoyToKey, XPadder can probably be used in the same way.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online