Discussion thread about the FreeCamera Mod

priested

Nov 7, 2013
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but now that this mod is out in the wild and everybody's happy...any thought of doing this mod for Zen's game (Pinball FX2)?? Please...pretty please. :)

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Hey guys,

I'm aware that a new version of the game came out recently but i'm gently asking you to be a bit patient for the next version of the mod. I'm working on a way for the mod to get the new offsets from my server once it's updated, this way you won't have to download a new version every time, just restart it once updated and you're done.

+ I'm adding some features which have been requested.

Thanks!

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Hey guys,

I'm aware that a new version of the game came out recently but i'm gently asking you to be a bit patient for the next version of the mod. I'm working on a way for the mod to get the new offsets from my server once it's updated, this way you won't have to download a new version every time, just restart it once updated and you're done.

Thanks!

Sounds good NoEx. As quite a few of us don't have internet access on cabs, if the offsets can be in an XML or similar that can just be copied to the cab on a mermstick that would be great. That is the way I upgrade my cab, download on normal PC from Steam and then copy files over.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Bloody great job NoEx! Considering how often TPA gets updates it will give you some piece of mind (not mentioning about your inbox...)

Cheers!

BoogieVan73

Sep 11, 2014
Hey guys,

Thanks!

Great news, thanks for all your efforts! Could you post this in the download thread as well? I've been repeatedly checking it for the last days, hoping for any news, before I finally found the brains to look here :p

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Thanks for the update!

Roadshow got pretty decent views though, but it needs a backglass & table view so that is what I will add with your exellent mod :cool:

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
can't chck myself, but it directly launches the dx11 version? that is somthing FS is still workin on.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Hey guys,

Thanks!

Hi NoEx. Thank you for your new version of the mod that came out today.
It say's on your download thread: "[ Current build : v1.03 working with game version 1.39.8 ]"

Please clarify which of the following is the case. Going forward:

1) if FarSight provides an update to TPA on Steam (say in the middle of your night), and it's before you have the time to make any updates on your server, will the mod now work (say for the prior tables)?
2) Or is it still the same that the mod will throw an error if the TPA version is incompatible with the version of the Mod?

As an example, when TPA comes out with version 1.39.9, and if it's before you have had a chance to do anything manually on your end, what will happen when someone tries to use Mod 1.03 with TPA 1.39.9 ? In this example, let's say someone is online, so they have access to both the latest TPA version on Steam and has online access to your server as well.

Based on your answer to the above, it will tell me how to proceed in the future with the large archive versions of TPA I have on my hard drive, or alternatively with Offline Steam that sometimes works for me if I can catch it before the Steam TPA AutoUpdate. Those are the two tricks that I have been using in the past to get around incompatible versions of TPA and the Mod. Or sometimes I have just stopped using the Mod entirely, even on the prior tables, until I know that your compatible Mod update is available. (I have all the TPA Pro Season Passes (and will continue to purchase them), so I have plenty of tables to play either way.)

Thanks again!

Last edited:

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
If FarSight provides an update in the middle of my night and you let steam updates PBA, it won't work because the game's version will be something like 1.39.9 and the mod checks the version at startup, at this time my server setups the mod to work on version 1.39.8, you'll get the incorrect game version error message.

The update i've made on the mod yesterday is just to automatically retrieve the offsets patch I provide when the game is updated, this way you don't have to re-download the mod to get the new version updated to work on the latest game update, you just have to wait until I deploy the new offsets on my server and restart the mod to get them. Furthermore when the game has been updated and my mod not, you won't be able to start it, you'll get a "mod under maintenance" message which means that i'm currently retrieving the new offsets.

To answer the last part of your post, when the game is updated and i want to make some tests and don't have time to update my mod on the latest game version, just before the game update, i make a backup of PinballArcade11.exe, let the game updates, then i rename the updated game exe and replace it with the old game exe, this way the game version doesn't change and you can still use the mod until i update it, well if the update contains a new table you won't be able to start it but it works for the older tables.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Many thanks for the new update NoEx and the offline mode. I will give it a go the weekend.

I guess the button that cycles through cameras will also work when hotkeys are disabled like the Fn keys do (as mentioned in your release notes)?

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Time to test out the new auto update feature ... TPA Steam is at Ver 1.39.9 on my computer tonight ... :p and ... its also 4:40 Am in France :(

Noticed there was an android update today as well (improvements to Road Show, Fire Power, Black Knight 2000, Black Knight, and Xenon).

**UPDATE 7/1/15** - Awesome NoEx ... works like a champ! Nice job on auto update - Love it

Last edited:

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
hey guys, finally been able to test it. works fine, exept the auto launch feature also loads the dx9 version for me :(
is there some special step necessary? can anybody elso confirm that it works?
win7 pro 64

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
hey guys, finally been able to test it. works fine, exept the auto launch feature also loads the dx9 version for me :(
is there some special step necessary? can anybody elso confirm that it works?
win7 pro 64

mpad ... try going to your Steam\SteamApps\Common\PinballArcade folder and right-click on PinballArcade11.exe, go to "Properties", then "Compatability" tab and check mark the box "Run this program as Administrator". See if that changes it to launch DX11 ...

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
[MENTION=4070]mpad[/MENTION], make a copy of PinballArcade11.exe file and rename it to PinballArcade.exe (delete or rename original PinballArcade.exe DX9 file).

Members online

Members online