Discussion thread about the FreeCamera Mod

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Stickied for great justice. Thank you again for putting in the time to make TPA a better experience for us.

Pinballer

Jun 27, 2012
Ooooooh something for the weekend sir!

Thank you very much for all your hard work you're a gentleman and a scholar ��

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Thank you NoEx!
Still stuck with my cold so I will live a sedentary life infront of my computer screen working the angles this weekend :)

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
In fact its main purpose isn't to hide my code but it's also used to embed everything in a single assembly (ressources, etc), however, if it triggers the AVs, i would use another method.

Thanks, we were asking 3 years for better camera views, Farsight should be ashamed now.

I noticed that you used ConfuserEx and that makes NOD32 mark the file as suspicious.
I'm sure it's a false positive, but why are you hiding things? ConfuserEx shouldn't be needed for this program.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...444e537d73d265244347a649/analysis/1431071938/

BoogieVan73

Sep 11, 2014
I've got some troubles over here, any advice?

It worked the first time around just fine, but then I've started to have these issues:

- on second try PA was not registering mouse-clicks or keyboard input, gamepad worked though.

- now after reboot and starting PA, I can briefly see the camera ui flashing, but at the wrong position (around left middle of screen). PA windows just stays minimized in tray (I can hear the music), but I've found no way to maximize/restore it.

I've just tried the other way around, first start PA, minimize to desktop, then start the mod, same problem: after mod start I see the ui flash and I can not restore the PA window anymore.

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I have the following issues:

When starting PinballArcade11.exe as Admin out of the Steam-Folder, it will launch the DX9 Version.

If I launch it within Steam, I see the overlay, but I can't do anything in TPA. I also can't go to full screen mode.

lio

Jul 24, 2013
Thanks for the release!
I get to see the overlay on the title screen and can operate it (and also hide it with NUM0) but no matter if it is hidden or not TPA will not accept any key presses so I can't get any further than the main menu :-/
edit:
TPA seems to accept button presses on the gamepad though [however that way I can't switch to full screen]

Last edited:

Haydon1976

Nov 11, 2013
I have the following issues:

When starting PinballArcade11.exe as Admin out of the Steam-Folder, it will launch the DX9 Version.

If I launch it within Steam, I see the overlay, but I can't do anything in TPA. I also can't go to full screen mode.

Same problem with me but does boot dx11

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
[MENTION=150]lettuce[/MENTION] : not at the moment
[MENTION=4723]BoogieVan73[/MENTION] : are you sure that you started the game with admin rights? Try to restart your comp if the problem persists
[MENTION=2707]Xanija[/MENTION] : try to start steam itself with admin rights, every game your launch from it will have the same rights
[MENTION=3222]lio[/MENTION] : same as BoogieVan73
[MENTION=3780]Haydon1976[/MENTION] : see Xanija

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Yes everytime the game is updated, my mod needs to be updated as well. If i got time i'll probably code something to check for updates when you start the mod and make it automatically download the new version once i've updated it.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
I read that Farsight are busy cleaning up the Leaderboards because the top players complain, so it is a possibility that they are going to want to hide their code.

Will you still be able to inject your code when Farsight obfuscates their code using a program like ConfuserEx?

Members online

Members online