Discussion thread about the FreeCamera Mod

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
ok ... didn't realize there was going to be a Steam Ver key. $150 still kinda spooky purchase. NOEX's services would still be hugely appreciated and needed by many.

Ask Arcooda if they'd take 50 beers in lieu of the cash? (They're Australian. They may actually say yes.)

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
1) no reason not to think development will continue, especially after June 30th when this version is no longer an option but
2) for those who do get the Arcooda steam unlock - there's also a greater interest in using them together. Especially if the FreeCameraMod can work in conjunction with cabinet mode for direct table launch and support for the missing tables (with or without active backglass) But if NoEx is not getting the cabinet unlock before June 30th all hopes of any development around #2 are moot. I have no problem throwing more beer money at him for the upgrade but that all depends on his interest.

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
1) no reason not to think development will continue, especially after June 30th when this version is no longer an option but
2) for those who do get the Arcooda steam unlock - there's also a greater interest in using them together. Especially if the FreeCameraMod can work in conjunction with cabinet mode for direct table launch and support for the missing tables (with or without active backglass) But if NoEx is not getting the cabinet unlock before June 30th all hopes of any development around #2 are moot. I have no problem throwing more beer money at him for the upgrade but that all depends on his interest.

I second this. The free camera mod has been a constant in my life since Noex released it.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
I second this. The free camera mod has been a constant in my life since Noex released it.

Yeah ... I'd throw some beers in too to get NoEx the software.

Waiting to see what the feedback will be on those who have purchased the arcooda steam key. I already own all tables and do not plan on spending thousands ... but animated back glass on 76 machines would be cool on my "not so professional" home made pinball cab.

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018

That would be ideal. If we can get a few people in and he has interest I would certainly kick to the beer fund. I bought the steam license so hoping to see what it is all about in 4-5 days.

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Waiting to see what the feedback will be on those who have purchased the arcooda steam key. I already own all tables and do not plan on spending thousands ... but animated back glass on 76 machines would be cool on my "not so professional" home made pinball cab.

Yeah, let's wait for the feedback once it's released, then we'll see what we can do to make the FreeCamMod works with Arcooda and what extra useful features it could add to the already existing ones. DMDExt should also be updated, I'm the developer of the TPA / PBFX3 part of the software.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Yeah, let's wait for the feedback once it's released, then we'll see what we can do to make the FreeCamMod works with Arcooda and what extra useful features it could add to the already existing ones. DMDExt should also be updated, I'm the developer of the TPA / PBFX3 part of the software.

I love you

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Thanks again NoEx for the quick update to the Mod. Long live the Free Camera Mod! I think I'll be sticking to the FCM vs Arcooda. Can't see payin $150 for just around 10 tables that actually have moving backglass parts ... the rest are static anyway. Also seeing that 2 monitor support is jacked up with issues at the moment ... and little time to fix that.

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
I updated to the newest version of FreeCameraMod and now all the virtual DMD screens that are being captured sizes are off from the Mod. I had all the virtual DMD's set and displaying previously and my DMD files are still there. Parts of the border are cutoff or non-dmd parts of the tables are showing. It almost seems like Farsight changed the location or default size of the DMD so the mod not displaying right. Anyone else seeing this?

Sebinouse

Jul 18, 2012
I've just tested it and I'm a bit disappointed, apart from the animated backglasses (that should be supported soon by FreeCamMod) there is nothing very innovative, even the cam views can be reproduced with the mod.. did I miss something?

Great news !

I can't wait to test ... I hope it will be released soon :p

jarrod0987

Oct 4, 2016
I have the Arcooda key and is is working. If anyone has questions fire away. 2 drawbacks I see so far. I have a GTX 1080 Ti but when I run TPA with more then one display (even in the same settings) the ball slows down a lot. I notice some of the back glass art is for 1812 ghastly but maybe it was that way originally? Looks over brightened. The others look fine. Maybe we are just asking to much of a video card. I even tried running the second display off a different video card but it did not matter.

I hope, someday, there will be a VR Camera Mod for TPA. That would be awesome.

Last edited:

Wolis

Jul 12, 2012
First time trying out this cool mod - sadly the versions don't match. Simply posting so I easily keep updated.

Zathog

Jul 11, 2017
V1.70.27 is out. I chose to stay with using the freecammod for my cabinet support. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the future of pinball arcade but for now I feel your contributions are very valuable and most appreciated. Thank you and enjoy the beer.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts