360 new release bugs

shoegazer78

May 12, 2015
My girlfriend and I both use my 360. When the new tables and update were released, my girlfriend bought season 1 and 2 while logged in with her gamertag. Not only do I not have access to both season packs when I am logged in with my gamertag/profile, I also don't have access to table packs 2 and 3 from the original incarnation of Pinball Arcade that I bought with my profile. I have tried deleting and re-installing to no avail. It's not a huge deal, as I can always play the *new* tables when she is logged in, or when I log in with her profile. Just kind of a bummer, especially since we like to be competitive with our pinball scores. One work around I've found is that if I log in with my profile, delete the recently released update, and then start The Pinball Arcade, it will prompt me to download the title update, and then I'll have access to all the tables. Of course it's a one-trick pony, if I exit the game, and/or turn off the console, when I go back into The Pinball Arcade, I still only have access to the 4 core tables, plus only one of the 3 original table add-on packs.

Microsoft Support was no help at all, in fact I found that I have more knowledge of their license agreements and usage restrictions than the Microsoft representative I talked with. According to her, any add-ons or DLC I buy should never be accessible to another user on my console, and vice-versa. However, this is not congruent with my own experience, or even with Microsoft's usage restrictions (which I repeated to her verbatim, but had zero impact). It would be like if I bought a physical copy of a game, and my girlfriend was unable to use that same physical copy on my 360, that she would have to buy her own physical copy. Utterly ridiculous. We've never had an issue with any other digital purchases. We became big fans of Pinball FX2 while The Pinball Arcade was in limbo on the 360, and there were numerous times she would buy additional tables while she was logged in with her profile, and I can of course still access them, and vice-versa.

I e-mailed FarSight and they weren't much help either. Some generic response along the lines of "we're aware of the issue, however if you just do this it should solve your problem." At the end of the day I can still play the new tables, so I don't have much room to complain, just a minor annoyance if nothing else.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
It is a problem many folks are having, Shoegazer. Many of my pinball friends are as well. FS is working on it.

Last edited:

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
My girlfriend and I both use my 360. When the new tables and update were released, my girlfriend bought season 1 and 2 while logged in with her gamertag. Not only do I not have access to both season packs when I am logged in with my gamertag/profile, I also don't have access to table packs 2 and 3 from the original incarnation of Pinball Arcade that I bought with my profile. I have tried deleting and re-installing to no avail. It's not a huge deal, as I can always play the *new* tables when she is logged in, or when I log in with her profile. Just kind of a bummer, especially since we like to be competitive with our pinball scores. One work around I've found is that if I log in with my profile, delete the recently released update, and then start The Pinball Arcade, it will prompt me to download the title update, and then I'll have access to all the tables. Of course it's a one-trick pony, if I exit the game, and/or turn off the console, when I go back into The Pinball Arcade, I still only have access to the 4 core tables, plus only one of the 3 original table add-on packs.

Microsoft Support was no help at all, in fact I found that I have more knowledge of their license agreements and usage restrictions than the Microsoft representative I talked with. According to her, any add-ons or DLC I buy should never be accessible to another user on my console, and vice-versa. However, this is not congruent with my own experience, or even with Microsoft's usage restrictions (which I repeated to her verbatim, but had zero impact). It would be like if I bought a physical copy of a game, and my girlfriend was unable to use that same physical copy on my 360, that she would have to buy her own physical copy. Utterly ridiculous. We've never had an issue with any other digital purchases. We became big fans of Pinball FX2 while The Pinball Arcade was in limbo on the 360, and there were numerous times she would buy additional tables while she was logged in with her profile, and I can of course still access them, and vice-versa.

I e-mailed FarSight and they weren't much help either. Some generic response along the lines of "we're aware of the issue, however if you just do this it should solve your problem." At the end of the day I can still play the new tables, so I don't have much room to complain, just a minor annoyance if nothing else.

I have a similar issue........ When the Wife is logged in, it says one of the downloads is damaged and it wants her to buy the 9.99 core and it only shows the 4 tables. When I log back on it's fine. Bought the Season 1 pack last week and Season 2 pack today.

ech00ne

Jul 5, 2015
The only complaint i have is the second one of the OP.
when i go to buy new tables the menu is dimmed and unclickable.
it just made me want to wait till the season 4 comes out and i will get them all then.

Carpy

May 7, 2012
With Black Rose when you go the enter your high score at the end the game restarts and you lose the ability to use the fire and start buttons and that high score doesn't register....

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Ugh, I bought season 2 during the September sale. What is the deal with the bug where the app cannot see all the tables? I exit correctly as described above, but every time I start playing again, season 2 is GONE and has to be redownloaded from the in game "download content" menu. It doesn't charge me but good gollywolly this is a nuisance and a half, aay.

MC Hannie B

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.