The King...

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
A true legend. He had many health issues. We were lucky to have him with us until the age of 89. A great singer, guitar player, and storyteller. I will miss him.
His Live At The Apollo album was always one of my favorites.

Edit: I meant to recommend Live At The Regal. Not that the Apollo album is bad, but Live At The Regal is simply one of the best live blues albums ever recorded. Sorry about that. I always get them mixed up. Regal was recorded in the 1960's and Apollo was early 90's.

Last edited:

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
A couple of decades ago I got two tickets from a friend to see a BB King and Stevie Ray Vaughan concert. Took my Pop with me and we were amazed to discover the seats were right down front, the first two or three rows. I knew, even as it was happening, that I was seeing and hearing things that would be legendary. And, as an aside, I don't think I've ever seen two guys sweat more during a chilly, night-time, open-air concert than BB and SRV. Hard workers, those bluesmen.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Hail to the King and even if the thrill is gone...eternal standing ovations for all the thrills you gave us. He inspired so many blues and rock legends. Unmeasurable influence in music history.

Wonder if he´s now doing a hell of a session with Hendrix, Vaughan, Waters, Johnson, Charles, Coltrane, Adderley, Moon, Entwistle, Lennon...
R.i.P. B.B. King

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.