So against my better judgement I bought the new tables

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
And I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised so far. I'm actually shocked.

I've only played a game on each, but they are far more quality than I am used to seeing at a first attempt from FS.
They look really good, playfields are sharp, some of the objects actually look great. Transparencies and some ramps/bits still look bad, but overall they look damn good.
They also seem to play good. At least I didn't notice any glaring weirdness, slowdown, frame skips etc... So I'm actually glad I picked up the full season even though I keep telling myself I'm done with them. Stupid pinball, sucks me in everytime.

Don't get me wrong. I still believe they are the absolute worst developers on the planet, but this time at least I'm not feeling disappointed.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I think this is true for season 4 in general. Putting out one table at a time has really helped to improve their quality. I only have TAF so far, but its great! I'm just deciding on which tables to spend my remaining $10 credit.....

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I haven't played them enough to recommend one, but I do think that Phantom o de Opera looks pretty nice. Party Zone looks a lot like Dr Dude... I can't even remember what the other two are at the moment.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Well Adams threw me a little glitch. With Thing flashing I hit the small staircase ramp and the ball flew off the table.
Calling the attendant fixed it though. Still made me sad.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I think this is true for season 4 in general. Putting out one table at a time has really helped to improve their quality. I only have TAF so far, but its great! I'm just deciding on which tables to spend my remaining $10 credit.....

Sell your soul and buy them all. :)

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Just wait til you get Xenon this weekend it's a blast and holds a little developmental surprise :) :) :) . Farsight are steppin up their game!

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Just wait til you get Xenon this weekend it's a blast and holds a little developmental surprise :) :) :) . Farsight are steppin up their game!
It is really cool. Farsight is definitely working to improve the game. I love the table too! If Xenon and Cyclone were out now on PSN I'd definitely be buying them.

My problem is I'm trying to decide if I want to switch main platforms. I recently got an Android tablet and spend more time on that than my Vita, and way more time than I spend on my PS3.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
It is really cool. Farsight is definitely working to improve the game. I love the table too! If Xenon and Cyclone were out now on PSN I'd definitely be buying them.

My problem is I'm trying to decide if I want to switch main platforms. I recently got an Android tablet and spend more time on that than my Vita, and way more time than I spend on my PS3.

How does it look on Android? Better than Vita? Same as iOS?

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
How does it look on Android? Better than Vita? Same as iOS?
I only play in landscape on Vita, and only in portrait on mobile, so its not exactly a direct comparison. Colors are probably more saturated on the OLED screen of the Vita. Otherwise I think they are all pretty comparable, with the exception of screen size. Android and iOS might be a little smoother looking.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
i have every table on XBOX 1,PS3,PC and PS4.take it from me ,quality has become great.with all these tables i feel like a kid in a lolly shop!!!i`ve been playing since the 1960`s,and if you love pinball half as much as myself,you`d buy all the tables.TPA keep these tables rolling,thanks. :cool:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
i have every table on XBOX 1,PS3,PC and PS4.take it from me ,quality has become great.with all these tables i feel like a kid in a lolly shop!!!i`ve been playing since the 1960`s,and if you love pinball half as much as myself,you`d buy all the tables.TPA keep these tables rolling,thanks. :cool:

I own all seasons on the PS4 and the Vita and I certainly wouldn't say the quality of either is great. I'd actually say for those two it's pretty poor.
However I did just check out the new DX11 PC version recently and have to say it is pretty fantastic so far. Good enough to make me forget how much I wasted on the PS4 version and re-buy all the tables for a 3rd time.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I've decided to wait to buy any more tables on PS3/Vita until the physical portrait controls are implemented. I love the size and graphics on a tablet/iPad, but I just keep going back to the Vita having those analog controls.

Also, I guess I feel like I've invested too much in the Vita version to just dump it.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
So the rest of s4 will be release on oct. 2

Sounds like it.

I'm not buying anything more on Vita until/unless physical portrait controls are implemented. Even then, I don't see much of a future for the Vita in general anyway. I honestly hope they dump it in favor of focusing on platforms that have a viable future.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
And I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised so far. I'm actually shocked.

I've only played a game on each, but they are far more quality than I am used to seeing at a first attempt from FS.
They look really good, playfields are sharp, some of the objects actually look great. Transparencies and some ramps/bits still look bad, but overall they look damn good.
They also seem to play good. At least I didn't notice any glaring weirdness, slowdown, frame skips etc... So I'm actually glad I picked up the full season even though I keep telling myself I'm done with them. Stupid pinball, sucks me in everytime.

Don't get me wrong. I still believe they are the absolute worst developers on the planet, but this time at least I'm not feeling disappointed.

I disagree, those aholes that made "The Crew" car racing game, Ivory Tower, are the worst. :) Saw the game headed towards the discount rack, made me feel a little better. :)

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Okay, got account straightened out, bought TPA for the Vita, plays great so far. Now to figure out how to nudge. Great to be able to have TPA on a portable device. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.