Bug Table History Mistake

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
If you read the table history for Xenon, as well as the first few pages of rules for Xenon, you will notice that it says that Xenon is the first solid state pinball table with multiball. However, if you read the table history for Firepower, you will notice that it says Firepower was the first solid state with multiball. This inconsistency drives me nuts. Maybe change Firepower to read "first solid state with three ball multiball."

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
This is based off the IPDB entry date of Nov 1979 as opposed to the Firepower, Feb 1980.
I'll try to discuss it with our Histories writer to see what he thinks.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
IPDB says manufacturing of Xenon started in November 1980 and it says on Firepower's page that it was/had the first electronic multiball.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
This is based off the IPDB entry date of Nov 1979 as opposed to the Firepower, Feb 1980.
I'll try to discuss it with our Histories writer to see what he thinks.

That's the PROJECT DATE. That means when the plans for the game were started. Xenon wasn't actually produced until November 1980.

It takes about a year to design and release a pin, so it's safe to assume that Firepower dates back to at least February 1979.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Yeah, xenon was definitely released later but I wouldn't count on seeing the year changed based on previous responses when this was brought up. However almost every table in TPA would need their years changed if going by project date.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.