Bug Wrong flyer, wrong year, no infinity effect, low quality backglass

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
Here are a few bugs/mistakes I saw immediately.

• The flyer of Xenon is the Jack*Bot flyer
  • Xenon is listed as a 1979 game, but it was released in November 1980.
  • The lights around the backglass don't have an "infinity" effect.
  • The resolution of the backglass is terribly low, as can be seen in Table Exploration mode.

Picture below shows the quality of the backglass on TPA (top) and on a random pic found on the internet (bottom). TPA pic is of DX9 version, on DX11 it's even worse.

DTqGQce.jpg

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Guess it has to be added as an option.

I got 4GB of VRAM on my card so you can throw high-rez textures at me all day long; but then comes to simpler GFX-cards and the owners think they can run everything on them... But give an option for Hi-Rez stuff and if they complain one can just say "you got a choice to get a working game, don't blame the developer giving options for those who got the hardware to run it".

Cheers!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Seems like they used parts of backglass picture from IPDB, you can see the same doors in the reflection.

Except in the FS image, you see the reflection of the score and Bally wording from when it was lit up. They took their picture while the infinity lights were on, which is why they are permanently reflecting. And yes, that bothers me and was reported during beta.

Xenon.jpg

It does look suspicious though.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
Except in the FS image, you see the reflection of the score and Bally wording from when it was lit up. They took their picture while the infinity lights were on, which is why they are permanently reflecting. And yes, that bothers me and was reported during beta.

It does look suspicious though.

That's why I said they used parts of that image. They probably blended in the reflection using Photoshop because theirs wasn't so good.

Those lights are bothering me too, I thought they dismantled the table before taking pictures. Removing the back glass isn't that hard.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
They just changed up the backglass! I pointed it out before the weekend in our beta thread, and now it looks different. And while there is no infinity effect on the glass, they did eliminate the reflection of the light that wasn't on. Now in the mirrors it looks like we can see Diner.

D581876962C9D5C3A56D1DC88940AF3E12105B84

Also, the flyers are now correct and for Xenon.

invitro

May 4, 2012
They just changed up the backglass! I pointed it out before the weekend in our beta thread, and now it looks different.

I am betting this had more to do with someone finding out they swiped it from Eric Avedesian.

Hey [MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION], or anybody, if you made that backglass on PC, can you say how you did it? Viewed the backglass, I mean. Stupid question I guess, but I don't know how to view the backglass, except when the camera is moving around right after a table is selected.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hey [MENTION=134]shutyertrap[/MENTION], or anybody, if you made that backglass on PC, can you say how you did it? Viewed the backglass, I mean. Stupid question I guess, but I don't know how to view the backglass, except when the camera is moving around right after a table is selected.

I have the pro mode of this season, so I went into table view and looked at the backglass that way. Believe it or not, it's the first time I've even tried that, as I always forget I even have pro mode!

As for them finding out they swiped the image, I linked that very discussion thread to my post. So yeah, I'm sure it had something to do with that!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.