Flipper physics 3.0

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Some of the catches seem surreal and not natural.

We know. See the "Physics engine discussion" thread in the general forum. We've seen the code that literally predefines these artificial catches. On PS3, only tables from Xenon onwards have that, but for platforms that get code updates, that behavior is now on all the tables.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
We know. See the "Physics engine discussion" thread in the general forum. We've seen the code that literally predefines these artificial catches. On PS3, only tables from Xenon onwards have that, but for platforms that get code updates, that behavior is now on all the tables.

On everything that isn't PC has the the "new" physics from Xenon onwards. Only PC has had it retroactively added to the past releases.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
On everything that isn't PC has the the "new" physics from Xenon onwards. Only PC has had it retroactively added to the past releases.

Well... the Wii U has it on every table from TOTAN to Dredd... But maybe that is what you are saying, Spork, because the Wii U is entirely new... :)

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
On everything that isn't PC has the the "new" physics from Xenon onwards.

To be more precise, PS3 has physics 3.0 starting from Cyclone, because Cyclone/J*B/Xenon/RS/SC were released at the same time on PS3, so FS took the opportunity to release Cyclone & Jack-Bot with physics 3.0 already implemented.

Since then, nothing on the other tables.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Been playing this table a bit. Some of the catches seem surreal and not natural. I've caught a ball near the end of the flipper, also like the ball was Playdoh.
To my amazement I actually did a few of these types of catches, including on the Xenon table IRL. Was quite surprised. So clearly, not as bad as it seemed.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.