First impressions

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Second best table this season so far, only Phantom is better. Beautiful art, awesome audio. Interesting choices for the shots. Not too hard.

Phantom is probably the worst table in all four seasons. I'd even put Going Nuts above it. POTO is a POS.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Second best table this season so far, only Phantom is better. Beautiful art, awesome audio. Interesting choices for the shots. Not too hard.

Xenon is a 2 shot table, big surprise that the table you like better is only a 1 shot table. You must love playing that ball in a cup toy. Phantom is probably the worst table in all four seasons. I'd even put Going Nuts above it. POTO is a POS.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Xenon is a 2 shot table, big surprise that the table you like better is only a 1 shot table. You must love playing that ball in a cup toy. Phantom is probably the worst table in all four seasons. I'd even put Going Nuts above it. POTO is a POS.

Which one shot on PotO are you referring to: the ramp, the lock/jackpot, the small hole, or the center scoop?

invitro

May 4, 2012
The artist in question - Paul Faris - had a habit of using his family members as models. So the model for Christine in POTO is his daughter.

I would use my daughter as a model, too, if she looked like that. Hubba hubba!

image-33.jpg

image-34.jpg

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Really digging Xenon.

it's a fun, simple, highly enjoyable table.

and as an iPad user, i've found it great to practice nudging on. for that reason alone i'm glad it's in TPA.

i hope we get more games from this era.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
the "one shot" on POTO is the ramp.

but you also need the mirror to light extra balls, and the standup banks to light the other extra ball.

where with xenon you really only need two sots. the spinner gets the targets for you to get the extra ball, and the tube shot gets major points.

oddly enough there's more to do on phantom.

fantsu

Jun 1, 2014

Most of the pinball tables have one big shot. I don't enjoy overly complicated tables, you are right. But Xenon was one of the first tables I played in real life and when this doesn't feel exactly like that one, it is still a blast to play. I didn't have much good arcades here in the early 80's so Xenon will always be my love.

Jungle Runner

Apr 26, 2015
I don't know why everyone is so down on Xenon.
I can remember feeding coins into this back when it was a new machine.
The sound alone was incredible, better than any thing else in the arcade, and then there was that incredible artwork, and a the woman going ooohhh!
Very impressive to a young lad, the age I was back then.
And that's why it won the poll. People remember it fondly.
I am a bit upset that Far-Sight have failed to get the infinity lights on the back glass, but that is a very small point.
There a a lot of tables in pinball arcade that make me think "why have they done that one?" But I am sure they mean something to someone.
If you don't like Xenon, don't buy it. But let those of us that remember it fondly, from a more innocent time, enjoy it.

Last edited:

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
You realize the art in POTO and Xenon are by the same person, right? Paragon also has the same artist. The artist in question - Paul Faris - had a habit of using his family members as models. So the model for Christine in POTO is his daughter. The models for the man and woman in Paragon are himself and his wife.

I wonder who he used to model for Xenon?

Did he do Centaur? love that table

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Xenon is okay, but there are so many great pre 1980 tables that could have won the poll and now we will probably never see them unless TPA goes on for a long, long time.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Yes, there are so many tables that are TPA worthy, any many of them I've never seen, like Paragon. Which tells me TPA has no foreseeable end in sight. Especially if we get some EM's mixed in. Heck, 3 highly requested tables are SS pins (Seawitch, EBD and Paragon).

Season 5 is gonna be as much fun as any of the four previous, and I got my steam wallet prepped for day-one season-pass purchase.

Members online

Members online