First impressions

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Nice classic table!
Great Art and Sound.
Been playing a few rounds to check out the new flipper physics and it didn't grow boring on me.
Great table for its time.

I (portrait 1080x1920 dx11) can see a horizontal black line where some playfield textures are stitched together (right trough the bosom and plunger lane), but that is the only issue so far.

Great job FS!

Last edited:

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
And I think EBD and Seawitch are sure bets to make it to TPA. Earthskaker took 2nd place in the poll that Diner won.

Which means we've got a few seasons (at least) of tables to come to TPA.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Wow, such boring and easy. Many of you folks warned us, though. At least it's pretty. And has a rap-song soundtrack. Xenon is a trivially easy pick for worst table of Season 4 so far.

p6800

May 17, 2013
Wow, such boring and easy. Many of you folks warned us, though. At least it's pretty. And has a rap-song soundtrack. Xenon is a trivially easy pick for worst table of Season 4 so far.

Right on the money.... Boring as hell this one. A waste of a spot in the TPA library.

Iain

Jul 28, 2012
Very poor table imo, Farsights conversion seems ok but the table is simply one I dont like, dont see me playing this one at all and it will sit on the junk pile with goin nuts and eldorado

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Lol it definitely is a 2 shot table. With a little nudge action on top.
At least the moaning and rest of sounds and music isn't getting as annoying as i thought it would. Nice music even.

But yeah not much depth or variety to it. Tube shots over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

Personally i like the new flipper physics, they're an improvement and lift Xenon way up in playability.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
From the perspective of the non-wizard (I think I'm the only BAD pinball player in these forums):

As I noted (and then took back) in the other thread I started, for the first few games, I couldn't do a thing - way too many STDM drains. But then I realized it was just that this was the kind of machine you couldn't just let the shots go where they would (which, I admit, is how I play a lot of tables). Once I got that, all the standard goals (counting the bugged one) fell in about twenty minutes.

Once I got beyond THAT, I was surprised to find that there really ARE only two shots that matter on this table. In fact I'm startled how basic it is. 1980 and this table's less complex than Central Park?

I wasn't on the forums when the poll for this happened but if a significant majority really did vote it up because of sexy female voice and art to match, IMO y'all made a bad deal. :p

That said, I do like the music (if it can be called that) and the high theme-weirdness level, and I'll probably pound on it a fair bit more once the goals are fixed.

As I said in the 1.38.x thread, I'm not sure I trust the new flipper physics. I find myself doing things which I was never able to do in thirty years of real pinball, and I haven't gotten all that dramatically better, so I think the physics may be a bit wonky.

fantsu

Jun 1, 2014
Second best table this season so far, only Phantom is better. Beautiful art, awesome audio. Interesting choices for the shots. Not too hard.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Second best table this season so far, only Phantom is better. Beautiful art, awesome audio. Interesting choices for the shots. Not too hard.

You realize the art in POTO and Xenon are by the same person, right? Paragon also has the same artist. The artist in question - Paul Faris - had a habit of using his family members as models. So the model for Christine in POTO is his daughter. The models for the man and woman in Paragon are himself and his wife.

I wonder who he used to model for Xenon?

Members online

Members online