[REPORT] Bug Reporting / Issues

lbonasio

Aug 17, 2017
Hi NoEx! Hope you're enjoying you vacay man!!!

When you come back, would you mind sending me the 1.83 version of you mod? I really need it to work with my version of the game...

HUGE thanks!!!

Pantah010

Jan 31, 2013
[MENTION=5267]NoEx[/MENTION] , i'm trying to update, it says its under maintenance?

:D can't wait to play the new table :D

Thanx for updating!

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Yep, I've made a mistake on my server yesterday and I had to fix it asap.

It should be online and ready to update now.

Pantah010

Jan 31, 2013
[MENTION=5267]NoEx[/MENTION] Ok, it updates now but mod is crashing on all of the table launch :(

Last edited:

Pantah010

Jan 31, 2013
Ok seem to work but only when the lan cable is in? (didnt see it updating btw)
And the rolling demo before start game seem to be gone, its zoomed in to the wall?

lbonasio

Aug 17, 2017
Dying to play this game on my cab but cant get it to work. REALLY PULLING MY HAIR OUT HERE!!!

Installed the latest version of the game + MOD.

First couple of times I ran the game with the mod, it appeared to run fine. I could see the Pinball Arcade window on the top left section of my play field monitor (a 42" TV) as well as the yellow overlay for the MOD on top of it.

BUT

As soon as I turned on the cab mode on the setup file and run the game, all I could see was the image of a backglass on the bottom half of my playfield monitor. This time, no yellow overlay to control the MOD.

NOW THE WORST PART:

After I closed the window and turned cab mode off in the setup file, I openned the game again but now I dont see anything! The MOD recognizes the game, and I can see the message that reads "enjoy!!!" right after opening the game. The game shows as if it was open on my taskbar and I can see the main screen on the game when I press "alt+tab", but no matter what I do, I cant see the game window in any of my 3 monitors.

PLEASE HELP!!!

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Ok seem to work but only when the lan cable is in? (didnt see it updating btw)
And the rolling demo before start game seem to be gone, its zoomed in to the wall?

Could you please report me if everything is working properly now?

Dying to play this game on my cab but cant get it to work. REALLY PULLING MY HAIR OUT HERE!!!

Installed the latest version of the game + MOD.

First couple of times I ran the game with the mod, it appeared to run fine. I could see the Pinball Arcade window on the top left section of my play field monitor (a 42" TV) as well as the yellow overlay for the MOD on top of it.

BUT

As soon as I turned on the cab mode on the setup file and run the game, all I could see was the image of a backglass on the bottom half of my playfield monitor. This time, no yellow overlay to control the MOD.

NOW THE WORST PART:

After I closed the window and turned cab mode off in the setup file, I openned the game again but now I dont see anything! The MOD recognizes the game, and I can see the message that reads "enjoy!!!" right after opening the game. The game shows as if it was open on my taskbar and I can see the main screen on the game when I press "alt+tab", but no matter what I do, I cant see the game window in any of my 3 monitors.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Did you read the PDF Guide?

Pantah010

Jan 31, 2013
[MENTION=5267]NoEx[/MENTION] The rolling demo is back :D
For the crash, it still crashed as soon as i pulled out the lan cable.
I had to go back online, recreate a new offline file, whent back offline, now it works!
Thanx again NoEx, realy love the mod, can't play without :eek:
:cool:

psmiraglia

Aug 26, 2017
I've been enjoying FreeCam mod for a few weeks no. great tool!

I am still running TPA 1.63.8 and FreeCammod v1.85. Since v1.86 became available, the script offers to upgrade at start and, if I click on "No" it just closes. Should the script work even if I don;t want to upgrade ? If not, why even offer ?
I'd think that having an offline file and blocking the exe on the FW would do the trick, but the app does not stay up in order for me to grab the offline file.

Short of upgrading both TPB and the mod, how can I make v1.85 to keep working as it was ?

thanks in advance

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
The exe is probably not properly blocked by your firewall, if the mod cannot connect to my server, it checks if an offline file exists and uses it. If the mod wants to upgrade, it means that it's still able to connect to my server and knows that an update is available.

psmiraglia

Aug 26, 2017
That s correct. I cannot lock it because I don't have the offline file, and I cannot get the offline file because the exe exits if I decline to upgrade.
The question is: am I force to upgrade when a new version comes out? If the fact that the updated asks if I want to upgrade makes me believe that I have the option not to, but the app quits if I don't upgrade.

bombdog

Sep 9, 2017
GeForce GTX 750 Ti TPA 3-screen slowdown

I've been trying to get the mod working nicely across a three-screen cabinet. Everything looks good and runs fine until the ball slows down - especially noticable in the lower half of the playfield, and then everything crawls and the ball goes all 'floaty'. It's even worse and juddery when there's multiball in play.

Anyway - I have spent many hours trying to adjust settings on my GeForce GTX 750 Ti card to no avail. Eventually I found that by moving the DMD animation, sized to half the screen on the third monitor, to the backglass monitor, it sped things up considerably.

Making the DMD smaller made it smoother again, and by actually resizing the DMD to a size suitable to sit in the top right of the main playfield monitor, everything was perfect.

The mod now runs fine with the backglass in Monitor 2, and a small DMD in the top right of the playfield. I would love to get the DMD back to monitor 3 if I can. Anyone any tips?

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Yeah, probably more horsepower needed.

I have onboard graphics which I run the backglas from. This also speeds up things compared to run everything from one card.
Some people are afraid of lag/stutter with that setup but I never experienced any

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.