[REPORT] Bug Reporting / Issues

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Crazy crazy windows... This stuff can really steal your lifetime.
Thanks for finding.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
That's the plan
No seriously you and noex have done such a great work.
Really looking forward to try this out.
I finally made the decision to build a backglas box for my cab, only for this reason.
OK, I am getting a new monitor for my pc, so I have my good old 22" LG as scrap part fo this, but now is the time to upgrade.
That is why I have the 1650x1050 resolution. But I will find a way to make it look good.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
NoEx and Robert, the Mod with the Backglass is really fantastic fun. Thanks again! As I try various tables with it, I have run into a major issue with just one of them so far: "Cirqus Voltaire". I find that there is a black cut out for the DMD in the Backglass, but the DMD is not displaying in that cutout. Instead I find that the DMD for Cirqus appears on the Playfield itself. Note: I do see in the Backglass download provided by Robert that there were two Cirqus related files included, and I don't know if that has anything to with the issue I have experienced: "Cirqus - Copy.png" and "Cirqus.png".

P.S. This Mod is wonderful, and extremely fun, even for those of us without Cabinets. In my case, I took a flat screen 40inch TV and its inexpensive wall mount off the wall. Using two 1/4 inch diameter machine screws (and their corresponding washers and nuts), I then screwed the mount into a 36 inch high bookcase that's fairly long. This provided a way for the TV to serve as the Playfield. The TV angles up to the bottom of the screen of a 24 inch monitor (which I have on top of a heavy duty box), and that smaller monitor is serving as the Backglass. I use a 3 ring binder under the the TV to help maintain the angle. For left and right flippers, I have a mouse mounted with strong tape to each side of the cabinet (with a small piece of cardboard under the 1/2 of each mouse I want to block from being usable).

Last edited:

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
seattlemark, depending of the camera files you've downloaded, some views could have been set to auto-hide the DMD, especially on Cirqus Voltaire, try to press the show/hide hud key (default key: H) and the DMD should appear, also uncheck the "Auto-hide HUD" checkbox on the mod for this particular view.

-----

On the other hand, I've added some extra checks in the mod to avoid the latest issues some of us have faced, a warning message will be displayed if aero desktop composition is disabled / if the display scalling level isn't set to 100%.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Circus was one of those tables I wasn't sure what to do with the DMD on the backglass.
The dmd is built into the table but on a flat screen its not the easiest to read that way, thats why i left 2 version in the folder figured those that want it that way would just switch the names on the files :)
The autohide hud function doesn't seem to be working anymore..it use to remember the camera settings when you cycle thru them..but now it just stays on or off. Circus by default is off due to the one in the table always being visible i think

Powerus

Sep 26, 2014
Hello,
I've got a small bug with the free camera mod in cabinet mod with 2 screens.
Better than explaining, let me show you the problem:
47847520151001113616.png

As you can see the backglass isn't well centered and adjusting the value from 0 to -30 is not enough.
It goes well in the good direction but to be centered I would need to go up to -90 I think and the setting file don't allow that.

When I move the screen position in catalyst or windows, the back glass don't move a pixel but the DMD does so I must keep it centered.

The backglass screen is a PC monitor and the resolution is set to 1600*1200.

The only thing that I couldn't set as the pdf said it the game resolution because the configuration windows don't allow 1080*2200 but only 1080*2160.
So it's set to 1080*2160

I hope it's something easily fixed.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Hey Powerus. the mod allows a plus or minus 30 but it looks like you've gone the wrong way and need to reset the value..the default no adjustment will center the backglass
then you can see how far you need to adjust to get no gap around the dmd
right now you've moved so far to the right you've made the gap worse.. set the offset value to zero in the ini file and send me a pic then.
look for
; Backglass image horizontal shifting value.
BackglassShift=0

You have to just type the 2200 backbuffer resolution it doesn't have that value preset..highlight the box with 2160 they type so it changes to 2200 and save.
every time you go back to the configuration utility it will reset and you'll have to type it again. but it does work.

Powerus

Sep 26, 2014
No no don't worry I'm not stupid (at that point). The default 0 value is 1cm worse.
Before sending my picture and my first message I already tried to reset it to 0 and move the value using hotkey (/) manually to the max and it stops at that exact same position.
When I go back to the settings I see that i'm stuck at -30.

If you really want I can send you a picture with the default 0 value but you won't see a difference because it's only moving about 1cm on the screen.

+ thanks for the 2200 typing. (did not solve the problem but at least now i'm sure to do it properly)

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
someone else mentioned having to Disable DSR to fix some offset issues.(amd's is called VSR)
If thats not the case you will need to find a way to center the top monitor better in the catalyst controls since the starting point is based on how centered it is.
i'll try installing the lastest one on my work machine and see if I can't figure out how to refine it..in Nvidia controls its fairly easy

Last edited:

Powerus

Sep 26, 2014
I don't have VSR. Only GPU scaling option (disabled). I don't think it's available for the HD6970. I have the latest drivers.
I've tried many many things and always had the backglass not centered. I tried so much things that I had to reset to factory settings to be sure that I was back to normal.

It's so strange! I can put my second screen ANYWHERE around my playfield screen and the backglass will be at the same place.

Oh and changing the screen position in AMD Catalyst or directly from windows give the same results.

I also tried to change the resolution of the backglass screen back to 1920*1080p aaaaaaaaaand same result. Don't know if this can help?

Let me illustrate:
These are the variations between -30 ==> 0 ==> 30
375156variations.png

This is a test to see if screen positionning changed something. The screen position is stupid in purpose.
668443placement.png

This is the result with the "stupid" screen position settings:
Zero f*** given! Of course the DMD will be rendered somewhere on my wall but that was only to prove that the backglass didn't care about screen position.
If only I could set the offset to any value I want... Is there a way to tweak the program to remove this restriction?
448957RESULT.png

Last edited:

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
i'm sure that could happen but its weird that the position is starting almost 200pixels to the right the fact you move your monitor around and it has no impact is bizarro.

HD6970's is a dual gpu on one card right? I have that in my media center pc..i might have to setup a second monitor on it to test things
My gaming rig is an Nvidia

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Could you please check that your desktop's scaling level is set to 100% and not 125% or higher?

Powerus

Sep 26, 2014
I don't have that much choice. For the TV (playfield) I can change the scalling but for the PC monitor I have a cursor with only 2 positions:
Underscan or Overscan. It's in Onverscan.

I can "use the scaling values instead of the customized settings when the desktop resolution does not match your DFP resolution" the box is unchecked.

In the properties I can also "enable GPU scaling" but I've tried that and it didn't change anything.

EDIT: my bad I have that option in the control panel

EEDIT 2 : BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM a cookie for NoEx http://i50.tinypic.com/33cq4iv.jpg thanks a lot! Thanks for your help everyone.

I still have some pillars on the side of the backglass but at least it's centered.

Last edited:

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
the graphic files included the black bars to improve proportions for that resolution since the dmd from the playfield doesn't scale with the image

Powerus

Sep 26, 2014
Everything is working flawlessly now but I would like to give back the Wifi adapter to my
girlfriend and when I try to launch the mod offline it says that I need OfflineData.m0d in the mod folder.
Can't find anything about this file.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.