[REPORT] Bug Reporting / Issues

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Only use this thread to submit bugs and issues, please provide as much as details as possible to reproduce it and attach a screenshot if needed.

Thanks!

hammr25

Oct 4, 2012
I had a theory about something but it wasn't right so I just edited this post.

Last edited:

am1001

Mar 6, 2014
Hi

I have a problem hope you can help.

I am running windows 8.1 64bit. I have the latest version and it says net framework is installed. I also run windowed.
When I run the game the overlay shows but it sticks to the top right of the screen and only slows the left edge of the overlay. I cannot move the overlay nor do any of the sliders move.
What can I do to get all of the overlay to show and work?

thanks

Pmarak

Apr 5, 2013
I'm new to the mod and having a similar issue to AM1001. Only difference is I am running Windows 10 64bit.
When I run the game the overlay shows but it sticks to the top right of the screen and only slows the left edge of the overlay. I cannot move the overlay.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
make sure your running in a tpa in a window mode(required) and have latest video drivers and you set your desktop display to 1080x1920
take a screen cap afterwards and post
can you post your settings.ini as well
I always just hit the checkbox and use the hotkeys to alter sliders vs draggin them

edit I'm using windows 10 64bit myself

Pmarak

Apr 5, 2013
Hello fellow Canuck...thanks for the assist

My setup is a small cabinet with a 32" TV in 1080 x 1920 for the playfield and a 24" monitor for the backbox running 1600 x 1200.
TPA is configured to run in windowed mode at 1080 x 2200.
Drivers are current and the card is an NVidia GTX960.
The settings.ini file is just as you have it in your CameraModGuide.

I have two issues actually and have included a pic to illustrate them.

The first is that the overlay cannot be moved and is only half visible on the playfield monitor.
The second is that the backbox images display a few inches to far to the right and the top few inches of the image are cutoff.

152er10.jpg
[/IMG]

I've tried a whole host of things to try to figure this out and have come up empty. Time to leave it to the pros :)

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
it looks like you have some kind of overscan going on..the backglass monitor looks to be displaying about 1185x965 from whats showing..its not 1600x1200
is it possible your display doesn't support that resolution..try setting your backglass to something else close
the playfield are you using pc resolution or tv? hdmi?

can you take picture of the adjust desktop size and position screens
and setup multiple displays..your monitor doesn't look centered either.
my scaling options say aspect ratio , scaling on display, and override the scaling mode set by games and programs checked

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
[BUG-1] Cabinet Mode

First many thanks for the amazing work NoEx and Robert!

(1) When running in offline mode, the Backglass does not display. If you Alt-Tab as well you cannot see the backglass. As soon as I go online and run the mod with TPA the backglass shows.
I don't have internet on my cabinet, so the way I tested it was with an internet connection was by running a long internet cable across to the cabinet.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
[Issue1] - Stuttering Display due Playfield and Backglass 'fighting'

I get a lot of Playfield stutter from the ball when playing and also when the camera is doing a fly-by. It seems that the Playfield and Backglass display are 'fighting' each other to be 'on top'.

HOWEVER if I Alt-tab to the Playfield Window, this makes the playfield play very smooth. I can still see the backglass, but the portion of TPA on the backglass moniotr is covering all of the lower portion of the backglass and not just the DMD cut-out. If I Alt-tab back to the backglass so I can only see the DMD in the cut-out, then the playfield is stuttery again

I experienced with dozens of nVidia scaling settings for Aspect ratio, scaling on display / GPU, overriding the scaling mode set by games and programs, etc. but still get the issue. I have also tried Aero on/off, VSync, etc.

Any ideas appreciated.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
First many thanks for the amazing work NoEx and Robert!

(1) When running in offline mode, the Backglass does not display. If you Alt-Tab as well you cannot see the backglass. As soon as I go online and run the mod with TPA the backglass shows.
I don't have internet on my cabinet, so the way I tested it was with an internet connection was by running a long internet cable across to the cabinet.

i'll be honest i never tried offline mode before NoEx will have to comment..might need another update to fix that

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
silverballs both displays are setup on the same video card right? on seperate hdmi or dvi connectors? it sounds like a sync issue between monitors..are they both on the same refresh and both setup as pc mode not tv?

what resolution are you running the game at btw 1080x2200 or higher ones? just curious if we can lower it to eliminate performance .ect
as well in your nvidia custom 3d settings for pinballarcadedx11.exe do you have multi monitor performance enabled?..oh do you have 3 monitors connected to that videocard perhaps?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
silverballs both displays are setup on the same video card right? on seperate hdmi or dvi connectors? it sounds like a sync issue between monitors..are they both on the same refresh and both setup as pc mode not tv?

what resolution are you running the game at btw 1080x2200 or higher ones? just curious if we can lower it to eliminate performance .ect
as well in your nvidia custom 3d settings for pinballarcadedx11.exe do you have multi monitor performance enabled?..oh do you have 3 monitors connected to that videocard perhaps?
Thanks for response. I have 2 screens both on GTX 480. One is DVI and one HDMI. Both are set at 60hz. PF 1080x1920 but 1080x2200 in TPA buffer. BG is same as you recommrnded. I tried a lower res but still jittery. I run VP with B2S smoothly, Unity3D Pinball, etc. fine. If I Alt-Enter TPA back to full screen then it is supersmooth. In Windowed if I Alt-tab to TPA it is smooth. If I then Alt tab to backgkass, and the click on TPA it is stuttery. It seems like by giving TPA priority (is: bringing it to top is is fine, but when back glass overlaps top part of TPA game, they fight for priority). Must be some setting somewhere :confused:

Edit: I also have multi-monitor perf enabled and all settings such as quality set to prefer perf. My TV is set to Game mode (LGs JustScan).

Last edited:

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
silverballs is the hdmi using dedicated hdmi port on video card? or dvi to hdmi cable?
i'd really like to see what happens if you could switch which display was connected to which port and see if the problem follows the connection

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
silverballs is the hdmi using dedicated hdmi port on video card? or dvi to hdmi cable?
i'd really like to see what happens if you could switch which display was connected to which port and see if the problem follows the connection

Actually not able to use cab now as family gone to bed, but interesting you ask. The TV has an HDMI cable going to DVI on the graphics card. The backgkass has a DVI on graphics card I think going to DVI on monitor (need to check by moving cab tomorrow). Could the DVI to HDMI cable be the cause do you think?

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
possibly its adding a timing issue
couple things, if could swap the two cables so your reversing which port the playfield is on. then set that as primary not secondary in display setup
as well after that try all 3 multi-display/mixed gpu performance ..see if theres a change.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
possibly its adding a timing issue
couple things, if could swap the two cables so your reversing which port the playfield is on. then set that as primary not secondary in display setup
as well after that try all 3 multi-display/mixed gpu performance ..see if theres a change.

Thanks will try those tomorrow, as gone midnight now (although it is bugging me!). Just did a quick internet search based on what you said and it does look like might be that. Cheers

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks so much NoEx and Robert for your work related to the latest version of the Mod!

I was able to follow this part of Robert's guide without any problem:
"For a two display setup, the resolution of the playfield should be set to 1080x1920 and the backglassmonitor should be setup for 1600x1200.
Within your video cards display settings, you must set your backglass monitor above the playfield monitor (which must be set to portrait by the display controls) and centered as best you can manually."

However, when I go to the next step in the Guide and try to set the PBA Configuration utility, on my PC the PBA Config utility for DX11 does not have an entry for 1080x2200. The closest I can get to it is 1080x2160, and that is throwing off the display division of my backglass/playfield when I use the Mod (but PlayfieldShift does help with this display problem). Any idea why 1080x2200 would not be listed for me? I am using an NVIDIA GTX 960 graphics card. For my experiment, I am using an LG 23" monitor for the playfield, and a Samsung SyncMaster 23" monitor for the backglass. (The LG23" monitor will be substituted with a large TV monitor once I have this completely working.) (A SyncMaster happens to be the playfield monitor in Robert's guide. )

My workaround is to push the PlayfieldShift settings lever all the way up to the top, moving from the default of 0 up to 30. So far it's helping on the tables I've checked. But if I can get the PBA Config to be at 1080x2200, it may give me some more flexibility to use that PlayFieldShift later.

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Seattlemark 1080x2200 isn't a default choice you have to type 2200 in the second box then save and exit , it will work tho

Thanks Robert. That worked great!
P.S. For anyone running into the confusion I had: I noticed that after I manually entered the "2200" into that second (lower) box (BackBuffer Height), afterwards when I went back into the PBA Config utility it showed 1080 in that second box. So I found the trick is to just type in 2200 and don't go back in to look at it. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.