<Zoom>4</Zoom>
        <FOV>1.45</FOV>
      </Extras>
    </CamData>
  </ViewInfo1>

Last edited:

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Here's a hybrid view with full back glass showing.

I'm in portrait view (1080x1920). For all my tables (and I have them all) I have a 1) "plunger" view, 2) "main" view (hybrid view which shows just playfield with DMD\score field), and then 3) "back glass" view which is hybrid view of full glass back view as if you are standing at the end of the table. Whats cool about this last view is that it is entirely playable as is and I never though I'd actually play with a full view of playfield and full back glass, but it is pretty cool so its one of my standard views.

<ViewInfo3>
<Description>backglass</Description>
<HideHUD>False</HideHUD>
<CamData>
<Translation>
<X>292</X>
<Y>-3841</Y>
<Z>4680</Z>
</Translation>
<Rotation>
<X>-126</X>
<Y>0</Y>
<Z>360</Z>
</Rotation>
<Extras>
<Zoom>0</Zoom>
<FOV>1</FOV>

Xenon_Backglass.jpg

Give that one a try ... In portrait view it is actually really cool because you get the feel you are standing at the table and have view of everything all at once. It kind of makes it like a miniature table, but is pretty fun to play and totally playable.

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
[MENTION=4311]nudnick[/MENTION] - Nice view thanks - I will make that one of my other views as so far I only have one and that backglass is particularly nice. Would you mind supplying you whole file for Xenon please as it would be good to see your other views.

Btw - If you use the code tags around your XML snippet (the # symbol to the left of the <>) it maintains the indentation and adds a scrollbar so large pieces of text can be embedded without taking up to much space.

Last edited:

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
thats a great Idea Nudnick since you can see the backglass and still see the flippers.Think I'll change all my backglass cameras to this view.
Playing it makes everything feel abit small this way...just need a bigger monitor now :)

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
For all my "main" views, I include the DMD\score boards in the view. I can not stand the HUD because it takes away from the simulation feel, so the only tables I use a HUD on are the ones where FS didn't make the back glass parts functional (ex: Gorgar, Fun House, Magic Theater). Anyway, my main view for Xenon is very similar to the hybrid back glass view because the score boards are pretty high on that table. For other tables such as TAF, I only show the table and DMD so the main view is much closer to the table and cuts off at bottom below flippers and at top just above the DMD. I always make sure I can see the drain lanes too.

* SilverBalls - tried to shrink this down ... can you show me example of how you did your snippet above with scroll bars? I know a little bit of code, but not much ... :p I just renamed the cam file to txt, copied the contents and pasted here ...

** Robert - Yes ... I have 32" LCD TV monitor (1080x1920) dedicated to PBA and love it. Got a Sceptre online from WalMart for under $200 (SCEPTRE X325BV-FMDR 32" LED Class 1080P HDTV) ... if you are a dad like I am, Fathers day is coming up!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CamFile xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" TableName="Xenon" DefaultView="2">
<ViewInfo1>
<Description>plundge</Description>
<HideHUD>False</HideHUD>
<CamData>
<Translation>
<X>1172</X>
<Y>-2251</Y>
<Z>4970</Z>
</Translation>
<Rotation>
<X>-164</X>
<Y>0</Y>
<Z>360</Z>
</Rotation>
<Extras>
<Zoom>0</Zoom>
<FOV>1</FOV>
</Extras>
</CamData>
</ViewInfo1>
<ViewInfo2>
<Description>main</Description>
<HideHUD>False</HideHUD>
<CamData>
<Translation>
<X>302</X>
<Y>-3291</Y>
<Z>4480</Z>
</Translation>
<Rotation>
<X>-133</X>
<Y>0</Y>
<Z>360</Z>
</Rotation>
<Extras>
<Zoom>0</Zoom>
<FOV>1</FOV>
</Extras>
</CamData>
</ViewInfo2>
<ViewInfo3>
<Description>backglass</Description>
<HideHUD>False</HideHUD>
<CamData>
<Translation>
<X>292</X>
<Y>-3841</Y>
<Z>4680</Z>
</Translation>
<Rotation>
<X>-126</X>
<Y>0</Y>
<Z>360</Z>
</Rotation>
<Extras>
<Zoom>0</Zoom>
<FOV>1</FOV>
</Extras>
</CamData>
</ViewInfo3>
</CamFile>

Last edited:

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Here is a link to my Cam files. I zipped them up and stuck them out on dropbox. The work is done for all tables so all you have to do is tweak to your own liking.

* REMOVED THE LINK BECAUSE I STARTED A NEW THREAD FOR CAMERA FILE PACKS *

I'm pretty sure you do not have to have dropbox to get this file. Let me know if it works, just make sure to back up your own Camera folder (rename it).

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Here is a link to my Cam files. I zipped them up and stuck them out on dropbox. The work is done for all tables so all you have to do is tweak to your own liking.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymomt8o0m5ry7qp/Cameras.zip?dl=0

I'm pretty sure you do not have to have dropbox to get this file. Let me know if it works, just make sure to back up your own Camera folder (rename it).
That works - thanks - I grabbed them but will try them later in week as I am away from home for a few days.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
[MENTION=4311]nudnick[/MENTION], thanks for the sharing of all those cam files.

[MENTION=340]SilverBalls[/MENTION], I see that your zoom is set at 4, but you better set that to 0 for DX11 as the lights don't zoom with the table.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
[MENTION=4311]nudnick[/MENTION], thanks for the sharing of all those cam files.

[MENTION=340]SilverBalls[/MENTION], I see that your zoom is set at 4, but you better set that to 0 for DX11 as the lights don't zoom with the table.

You are right it is better to use the FOV to achieve a zoom rather than the zoom itself, however the Zoom value is a huge number (10s of 1000s) so 0 and 4 will make no noticable difference, so I probably hit the key slightly when making the settings. But you are correct it is best to use 0. :)

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymomt8o0m5ry7qp/Cameras.zip?dl=0

Nudnick, the Cam files you have created are fantastic! I do not have a dropbox account, but still did NOT have a problem picking them up. Thanks!

P.S, Fortunately I saw a post that a new version of TPA DX11 is out, so I was able to rename the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade folder before Steam updated the contents. That's enabling me to use the 1.38.9 version of TPA in that renamed folder tonight, along with the existing Camera Mod, until NoEx is able to post an update for 1.38.10. (Or, alternatively, I could have used Steam Offline mode.)

Last edited:

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Nudnick, the Cam files you have created are fantastic! I do not have a dropbox account, but still did have a problem picking them up. Thanks!

Awesome ... glad you are enjoying them! You say you "did" have problem getting them from dropbox though?

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Awesome ... glad you are enjoying them! You say you "did" have problem getting them from dropbox though?

My apologies. I mistyped that last night, and have just corrected it. The correction is that I "did NOT have a problem picking them up" from the dropbox. Thanks again, nudnick.

Last edited:

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
nudnick, you should create a new thread in the camera files sharing area to post your full pack with a little description of the views etc, because it may be difficult for the people to find it here as it's in the xenon cam settings thread.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
nudnick, you should create a new thread in the camera files sharing area to post your full pack with a little description of the views etc, because it may be difficult for the people to find it here as it's in the xenon cam settings thread.

Done! ... New thread created called "Share your camera file packs!"

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.