Strategy.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Shoot the spinner and the tube ramp. :) Nudge the ball into the upper saucer. Use well timed nudges to pick up the upper rollovers.

Oh, and IF the drop targets are lit for extra ball, consider shooting them.

And, that's it. really.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Well, when the tube is lit for a lock, do aim for that over the spinner lane for the saucer. You never know when you'll suddenly get three straight friendly bounces back into the saucer for free completion of the X's, but you do have to have the ball locked to take advantage of that.

And nudge a LOT when the ball is upstairs, you can get a LOT of free rollover hits by slamming the ball around before it falls into the suaucer.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Shoot the spinner and the tube ramp. :) Nudge the ball into the upper saucer. Use well timed nudges to pick up the upper rollovers.

Oh, and IF the drop targets are lit for extra ball, consider shooting them.

And, that's it. really.

I agree. :eek: One addition: if one ball is locked and the EB is also collected avoid to go for multiball. It´s better to stack the locked ball and use the multiball in the next ball to get another EB. In my opinion the multiball is useless
for scoring but usefull for playing the drop targets with low risk.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I agree. :eek: One addition: if one ball is locked and the EB is also collected avoid to go for multiball. It´s better to stack the locked ball and use the multiball in the next ball to get another EB. In my opinion the multiball is useless
for scoring but usefull for playing the drop targets with low risk.

Starting the multiball once is usefull as it increases the spinner score for the rest of the ball.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Starting the multiball once is usefull as it increases the spinner score for the rest of the ball.

ok, may a reason to start multiball once. But only one tube shot in longer games awards more points that any strong spinner shot can reach.

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
the real reason to start multiball is to light the outlane specials by hitting the upper saucer 3 times during it. Then each multiball can give you another special when one of the balls find an outlane. since specials are 50k points, they add up.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
the real reason to start multiball is to light the outlane specials by hitting the upper saucer 3 times during it. Then each multiball can give you another special when one of the balls find an outlane. since specials are 50k points, they add up.

one tube scores 90k. Anyway it´s a question of taste to play the right or the left shot strategy or both. I would say the tube shot is more save. We shouldn´t waste our time with this discussion... :)

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Also, shots to the spinner help you get drop targets. possibly even two completions if you nudge well. this makes that shot a lot more competitive. and the xenon letters also give you specials. there is a risk of drain to of the bumpers, but the tube also kicks into the slingshots often. pretty much shoot whichever one the flipper the ball is on lets you do.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
one tube scores 90k. Anyway it´s a question of taste to play the right or the left shot strategy or both. I would say the tube shot is more save. We shouldn´t waste our time with this discussion... :)

;) but the discussion is helping to hammer out the strategy! And people were complaining that this table had no depth. It's deep enough to spark debate!

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
lol. if you know how to handle all kickouts from the saucer and how to get the ball to the left flipper every time, then yeah, shooting it all day works.

it's still a 2 shot game, like nitro groundshaker.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
After another long game with playing both shots I changed my opinion. At least it´s more fun to have two important shots and in multiball it´s faster to reach scores with two balls for shooting the tube. Last Statement (I hope). :(

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Fun trick.

Plunge at full power it will bounce to the right the back left then bounce up, then back to the right. after the bounce up, nudge up. if you time it well you will get 2, 3 and 4, AND a saucer. this is a learnable shot.

If you are really good at nudging to keep the ball alive up there you can get extra ball before the ball ever enters the saucer.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Fun trick.

Plunge at full power it will bounce to the right the back left then bounce up, then back to the right. after the bounce up, nudge up. if you time it well you will get 2, 3 and 4, AND a saucer. this is a learnable shot.

If you are really good at nudging to keep the ball alive up there you can get extra ball before the ball ever enters the saucer.

Maybe it's different for my device, but with a full plunge... It'll bounce off the left, right, left again. But it'll lose its steam and just fall under the whole into the pops. So just after that last left bounce, I'll nudge right to get it into the hole. But any other time during the game that I shoot the spinner, and it lands up against one of the walls, I'll do a down nudge (usually when it's closest to rolling out of the upper area)

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
yeah if you don't nudge at all it loses steam after the up bounce. that's when you do the nudge. before the bounce it loses steam on.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
So far I've managed 12M+ but I'll do better.

Most or all of this has been said already...

#1 priority is get the extra ball on every ball, then work on MB/tube shots while you have that in the bank. And do this by hitting the left spinner to hit the rollover buttons that score drop targets, rather than the targets themselves. Then in the process, lock the ball when that's lit. Nudging is extremely useful and the table is quite tolerant of a lot of it. Just never nudge twice in a row hard. Dodge STDM drains with it and to try to hit rollovers/saucer up top when it's not a good roll.

When you already have the EB and you have MB going, rack up the tube shots at 90k each (you'll reach that easily) all you can. When you are back to single ball, go back to spinner/MB or just keep hitting tube shots (I'm still unsure what the better strategy is between those things).

Post transfers are easy in both directions... doing the 'flick' as quickly as possible on either side gives the best results for this table.

Oh and they did a good job with making sure the tube shot eject gives a variety of results... imagine if the ball could be caught every time, the game would be another leaderboard based on who could stand playing the longest...lel.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Got it down now. Stopped just after 50m last night as I needed sleep. Might put in a full day soon.

Oh hey Mark, did anyone ever confirm on PS4 if a suspended game in rest mode could be resumed later and still be registered on the leaderboard? I've been too lazy to test that myself, though I could easily.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.