So What's next for the 360?

Jan 6, 2013
I am overwhelmed now with all the table's now for the 360,But i wonder if f.s. plans on releasing more table's and i hope they do but i wonder how long it will be before the next update.

SuperKaladrax

Feb 24, 2014
More tables would be very nice, can never be enough of them. For the present I'd be happy to see a fix, soonish, for the redownload issue. I don't mind it so much when it's the two seasons I have to do it for, but I haven't bought any of the additional single tables yet because I don't want to turn my 2 downloads every time I open the game into 7 downloads. Once that's fixed, pretty much if Farsight gives a table I'll buy it.

As a guess, with all the work on the 360 rerelease pretty much over now, I suspect update frequency across all platforms should improve markedly. But with the 360 we should be prepared to fall a bit behind due to our legacy platform status. The good news for us is that getting all the tables in one go gives us lots to do between now and any future update.

pinball noob

FarSight Employee
Jun 4, 2015
I think they will release season for Pass, they are waiting to release on IOS until the season is finished maybe they are doing the same thing with Microsoft.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
I am playing the 360 version now. Still want to get it all on Wii U if they ever release it (Please???). Anyway I own season 1 along with the 4 core tables. Is there a download issue I need to know about with seasons 2 and 3.... er nooooo?

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Some people are having download issues with game while others have gotten all access trouble-free. It is a real mystery.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
There is plan to put more tables out. Patching on Xbox 360 is quite a bit of work, so we're trying ot lump in as many tables as possible. We'll most likely prepare to submit after the last table pack in Season 4 is done so we can add Season 4 to the DLC options.

The way DLC is handled on Xbox 360 it's really hard to pre-sell a season pass in the way it currently works.

ech00ne

Jul 5, 2015
Any idea of a timeframe until season 4 is out? I know it may be hard to say...just asking for an educated guess.

Jan 6, 2013
Well now that we know that Safe Cracker is the last table for season 4 will we get this when it first comes out or do we have to wait for 3 or 4 gruling month's after it come's out on everything else.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
There is plan to put more tables out. Patching on Xbox 360 is quite a bit of work, so we're trying ot lump in as many tables as possible. We'll most likely prepare to submit after the last table pack in Season 4 is done so we can add Season 4 to the DLC options.

The way DLC is handled on Xbox 360 it's really hard to pre-sell a season pass in the way it currently works.

As always, thank you Mike for the information. TFTC, this should answer your question, at least in part.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Well it somewhat answers my question.. all i wanted to know is when s,c is released is that when we will be getting the rest of s4

It will probably be 2-3 months after SC is released. First FarSight has to finish the work itself, then submit to MS for approval. That will probably take a while, if history is any indication.

Contrast that with Zen (of PFX2 fame), which seems to not only have a larger staff and a more simple template to work with (as opposed to FarSight who has to make each table from scratch based off the actual table) and a much more expedited submission process for Sony and MS consoles.

I know the wait for new tables is, at best, painful. I respect anyone who chooses to support TPA via consoles. But since I'm so impatient (LOL), that's why I chose to support the PC version instead. Bear in mind that my original console of choice for TPA was the 360 when it was first released. I do hope you all will get to enjoy the rest of season 4 sooner rather than later.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
It will probably be 2-3 months after SC is released. First FarSight has to finish the work itself, then submit to MS for approval. That will probably take a while, if history is any indication.

Contrast that with Zen (of PFX2 fame), which seems to not only have a larger staff and a more simple template to work with (as opposed to FarSight who has to make each table from scratch based off the actual table) and a much more expedited submission process for Sony and MS consoles.

I know the wait for new tables is, at best, painful. I respect anyone who chooses to support TPA via consoles. But since I'm so impatient (LOL), that's why I chose to support the PC version instead. Bear in mind that my original console of choice for TPA was the 360 when it was first released. I do hope you all will get to enjoy the rest of season 4 sooner rather than later.

This very reason is why I'm trying to decide between Android or iOS. I was primarily a Vita player, and I know it's just part of the console approval process, but damn....it's just becoming too much.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
This very reason is why I'm trying to decide between Android or iOS. I was primarily a Vita player, and I know it's just part of the console approval process, but damn....it's just becoming too much.

iOS seems to be inconsistent with keeping up with android and PC as far as being on time. Granted, it's nowhere near as bad as the console waiting.

My increasing thought is that operating system platforms don't work too well with FarSight as far as promoting TPA. Unless you visit digitalpinballfans.com or subscribe to the newsletter, you might never know an update is coming. I may be wrong, but I can't remember ever seeing any heavy promotion on any mobile device or console. Guess all of those Candy Crush clones/EA/AAA titles (which will most likely sell like hotcakes anyway) get top billing LOL.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
iOS seems to be inconsistent with keeping up with android and PC as far as being on time. Granted, it's nowhere near as bad as the console waiting.

My increasing thought is that operating system platforms don't work too well with FarSight as far as promoting TPA. Unless you visit digitalpinballfans.com or subscribe to the newsletter, you might never know an update is coming. I may be wrong, but I can't remember ever seeing any heavy promotion on any mobile device or console. Guess all of those Candy Crush clones/EA/AAA titles (which will most likely sell like hotcakes anyway) get top billing LOL.

iOS is usually only like a week later.

I was shocked TPA didn't even get a mention in the App Store for TAF.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.