So What's next for the 360?

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I'm pretty certain the 360 has been completely abandoned. I still have (3) 360's in my house along with an XBONE and it's a shame because I still use my 360's with some regularity. I have spent a ludicrous amount of money on this app across Steam, 360, iOS and Android but I only buy STEAM now. 360 has been dead since Addams Family and that was a long time ago. Perhaps when TPA is done for good and all tables are released for XBONE, maybe I'll get it but consoles are just slow for releases and I know it's not all on FS in that regard.

Last edited:

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
It's not dead yet, the next update will contain tables up to season 6.

Glad to hear, Flippy. I am still playing on 360 AND Wii U and have no plans to buy a new console. I know FS loves publishing on Steam but the consoles are a better play experience. I will buy on the 360, unless I get an xbox one sooner than I plan to.

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
A real shame it's not on Wii U in Europe.

I still play it on XBOX360. I'll take all that might be coming twice as I have the TPA on two XBOX 360's, it was that good I needed a backup. :p

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
If you look at the XBLA section on 360 your see TPA is still in the top 20 or so from when it was last updated. If an update was released now it would move to the front. As things have been a bit quiet for the last year or so, TPA would stand out make no mistake. :)

And while things might be quiet on the releases front for 360, there are still a few 100++ unique gamertags playing TPA every week! Also, Halloween week was crazy last year as around 3 times as many people fired up their xbox360's to play Monster Bash!

Last edited:

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
IMO having come from the 360 recently, I would highly recommend making the jump now to the next console generation/Steam version if your able to - the lighting is a massive improvement, and the Xbox One Slim version at least is an attractive console and competitively priced with some backwards compatibility for the popular 360 games - it does suck a little about having to repurchase seasons, however there are sales on periodically.

Also, Stern Pinball Arcade (ignoring the UI bugs, once you finally get into the game) runs very well on Xbox One, so another added bonus as that's bound to get better as time goes on.

The Xbox 360 is over 12 years old now and I imagine Farsight will want to focus on the newer platforms then dedicate their limited resource to the older systems.

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
The jump is great for getting hold of the extra tables, but personally I'd rather play Season 1 & 2 on an XBOX360! ;)

FullTilt

May 26, 2017
Maybe with all this Xbox One X backwards compatibility stuff we will get some more seasons for the Xbox 360? Really hard to tell which way devs will run with this.

BennyJackdaw

Aug 20, 2017
I doubt it at this point, not until I see evidence we're getting anything else for the XBox 360, especially since they stopped halfway through season 4. Still, I'd at least like them to add the rest of the Season 4 tables, Jack Bot sounds fun.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Quick question, Flippy Floppy.....Will we get emulation for Black Knight, Gorgar, Firepower, Xenon, Centaur and any other Bally/Wms SS tables?

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Thanks, Eldar....Will Black Knight, Gorgar and Firepower get emulation on the 360. BK on PC is so much better, now.

ZREXMike2

Oct 22, 2018
It looks like everything has been delisted on the Xbox marketplace for Xbox 360, game over.

Yeah, fired up TPA on the 360, not a single table for sale, not even the Stern and Gottlieb ones that they have a license for that they sell on XBOX1. Why is that? TPA on 360 is to be let go dead, I guess. :(

Catapult Ace

May 27, 2015
They provided the following list in the "Pinball Arcade Newsletter 76":

You have until June 30th to buy Williams and Bally tables!

Specific Platform Deadlines

Steam(all regions): June 30th
Mobile(all regions): June 30th
PS4 US: June 28th
PS3/Vita US: June 30th
PS4 Europe: June 30th
PS3/Vita Europe: June 30th
Xbox One(all regions): June 30th
Xbox 360: Removed by publisher
Wii-U: June 30th
Arcooda: June 30th

They had long-term problems with distribution on Xbox 360, because you need a publisher on that platform.

Last edited:

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
The original xbox store (used to be called store before market place) has been completely shut down too. If you didnt get those add ons for 2003's toejam and earl part 3 they are gone forever. I think it all goes to prove that digital is not forever, hard copies are. Luckfully my copy of Dragons Fury for sega genesis still works like the day it came out. My williams hall of fame for 360 disc no longer works though, stupid scratchable disc format.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.