Share your Camera file packs!

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Creating this thread so we can share our "Cameras" folder files ...

I own all tables and have set 3 camera views for all tables ... so the work is all done ... just tweak to your liking.

1) plunger view
2) main view (hybrid view that shows table and DMD\score panel on all tables regardless of where DMD\score panel is)
3) backglass view (another hybrid view that shows everything from flippers and full backglass - fun view and fully playable)

I've zipped up my "cameras" folder and provided a link here (UPDATED TO Ver 1.39.9 - Road Show): https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqowf6ud8ry191g/Cameras%20-%20nudnick.zip?dl=0

* Just rename your "cameras" folder (ex: Cameras2) and unzip my Cameras folder to your NoEx Free Camera Mod folder.

1) plunger view

cycloneplunger.jpg

2) main view

cyclonemain.jpg

3) backglass view

cyclonebackglass.jpg

Enjoy! ... and share your camera view files too! :cool:

Last edited:

DornoDios

Dec 24, 2012
Thanks for the upload! I'm working on some of my own intended for people without cabs, but, who like to turn their monitor on its side to play pinball.

It's slow going so far, the main thing is trying to figure out how to manipulate the FOV setting to get the best results.

I'm going for a close up view from above/behind the flippers of sorts. If I'm confident they're decent, I'll upload them when I'm done, lol.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks for the upload! I'm working on some of my own intended for people without cabs, but, who like to turn their monitor on its side to play pinball.

It's slow going so far, the main thing is trying to figure out how to manipulate the FOV setting to get the best results.

I'm going for a close up view from above/behind the flippers of sorts. If I'm confident they're decent, I'll upload them when I'm done, lol.

DornoDios, I am using TPA with both a 23inch monitor in portrait mode and a 40inch TV in portrait mode. The portrait monitor is able to be at an angle, but the portrait TV has to be pretty much vertical. (TV uses an inexpensive articulating wall mount, plus a table and paperback book shoved just under the TV it to keep it from spinning on its own to a more weight balanced position.) The TV in that portrait mode's the closest I am getting to a Cabinet for quite a while, if not forever. (Because of a combination of space issues, and the fact that I am not much of a carpenter. The electrical wiring, on the other hand, would be my area of expertise.)

So, I would welcome your CAM files to try. nudnick's cam files, and Robert Misner's in a different thread, are also great. I am too busy currently with after-hours work (where ironically I am a Software Tester/QA Engineer) to have a lot of time recently to create cam files on my own. Thanks.

Last edited:

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Hehe ... yes ... not an easy quick ordeal. It probably took around 8 hours (not all at one sitting) to create the portrait views for all tables. Once NoEx released the public mod, i spent the better parts of my nights after work (I'm an IT guy myself) that first week setting up these views.

DornoDios

Dec 24, 2012
So, I would welcome your (DornoDios) CAM files to try. nudnick's cam files, and Robert Misner's in a different thread, are also great. I am too busy currently with after-hours work (where ironically I am a Software Tester/QA Engineer) to have a lot of time recently to create cam files on my own. Thanks.

I'm not sure if anyone will actually like mine, but, I'm glad to find out! I'm using FOV=2 on most/all of the tables and the view is kind of zoomed in where on some tables the outlanes are only partially visible.

It's definitely not for everyone, but, on my 23' monitor I find it preferable to a more zoomed out view.

I initially used Misner's cam files and then saved mine over his, so, some of the files have 1 view that is mine, then the backglass and overhead view that is his. I may or may not clean it up before uploading, it just depends on how much time/energy I have. The plunger is not visible in any of the views because I play with a 360 controller, so I try to just plunge based on feel. I could easily add a view of just the plunger if enough people wanted it.

Anyway, here are a few images of the tables I have done so far. Apologies on the size, the images are around 4MB each. Also, a few of the images may appear a bit blurry as I was using Nvidia's DSR with the game running @ 1620x2880 then downsized to my 1080x1920 monitor. Unfortunately there is a bug in DSR right now where the 'smoothness' value defaults to 33% regardless of what you set it to. The 'fix' is to run your desktop in the same DSR resolution 1620x2880 and then the smoothness value works properly. I find 20% the optimal value for smoothness if using DSR. Also running with 4x AA @ 100 quality. Not bad for my old GTX 460!

As you can see the camera settings for each table vary some. I tried to approach each table as an individual problem and get a setup that looked good to me. Some of you may like this, more of you may hate it, lol. I've finished maybe half the tables so far.

Update: About 15 tables left to do. Then I can actually begin to enjoy the Freecam mod & the DX11 update, lol.

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Creating this thread so we can share our "Cameras" folder files ...

I own all tables and have set 3 camera views for all tables ... so the work is all done ... just tweak to your liking.

1) plunger view
2) main view (hybrid view that shows table and DMD\score panel on all tables regardless of where DMD\score panel is)
3) backglass view (another hybrid view that shows everything from flippers and full backglass - fun view and fully playable)

nudnick, I finally had a chance to use the Mod on my 40inch TV in portrait mode. Your main and backglass Cam views look great on a large screen like that in portrait mode! (Like you, I own all the tables.) A tweak I am gong to want to change to a large number of your cam files is to use <HideHud>True</HideHud> in your "main view" and in your "backglass view" for all TPA tables that already have an active DMD display. (You had already done this for Addams Family, but a lot of the other tables I checked that could have benefited from it, you hadn't yet.) That <HideHud>True</HideHud> saves me from manually typing the letter "h" to hide the Hud when the DMD in a view already shows the same thing (and of course more realistically than the Hud).

I think in the case of some or all of the Season 1 tables, the <HideHud>False</HideHud> will need to remain with the main and backglass views.

Robert Misner's cam files that he linked to in his post of:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...FreeCamera-Mod?p=207203&viewfull=1#post207203
did a good job of determining when to set HideHud to True versus False in his Hybrid View. So I am probably going to reference his <HideHud> settings from his Hybrid View in each of his Cam files when I tweak your main and backglass views.

Last edited:

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
I think you might have downloaded my cam files from the Xenon settings thread. I actually did go back and hide the HUD for all views where DMD works and left the HUD showing for tables where DMD does not work. My link above in this thread should be updated. Give it a try and see if the HUD hides for you automatically ...

Check this out ... so it looks like FS took the HUD out of view on CV as "their" default. So in NoEx Mod, you have to reverse the settings for HUD to go away. Keep "Auto hide HUD" check box checked on left side of interface, but uncheck "Hide HUD for table view" on the 3 views on the right side of interface.

* I updated my link to Cam File Pack in my first link in this thread *

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Check this out ... so it looks like FS took the HUD out of view on CV as "their" default. So in NoEx Mod, you have to reverse the settings for HUD to go away. Keep "Auto hide HUD" check box checked on left side of interface, but uncheck "Hide HUD for table view" on the 3 views on the right side of interface.

As far as the "Auto hide HUD" check box on the left side, are you sure it does anything for you on any of the tables? I am unable to see that it has any effect whatsoever on a table, if there is already a cam file for that table and it already has "<HideHUD>False</HideHUD>" or "<HideHUD>True</HideHUD>" for the views in that cam file.

I only see that left checkbox doing anything whatsoever when there is no Cam File for a particular table.

That left checkbox seems to be AutoLoadCamFile=1 or AutoLoadCamFile=0 in the Settings.ini file, but doing a Save within the Mod's UI seems to not have any permanent effect. The only way I can get it to change permanently is for me to manually edit the Settings.ini file with a text editor such as Notepad.

That reverse situation you mentioned about Cirqus V. is that way for me too, but only if I do so within the views themselves (as the AutoLoadCamFile checkbox on the left side is not making any difference for me).

Anyone, does the "Auto-hide Hud" have any effect for you you on any table that you already have a Cam File for (and which already has <HideHUD> tags for the views in that Cam File)? If so, please describe so I can determine if I have something set up incorrectly.

Last edited:

DornoDios

Dec 24, 2012
So here are the cam files I said I would upload.

Just finished them a few moments ago. I feel I kind of got better at it towards the end. I started at the beginning of the alphabet and worked my way down. Some of the tables have 2 or 3 different views, others have just 1. All of the views I adjusted are of the table/playfield itself.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5sderlqtb84lxf7/DornoDios_Cams.rar

I tried to remove the check box for the HUD on all the tables/views so it'll just stay however you have it set. I may have missed it on a few and certainly on CV as mentioned above.

Once I get everything cleaned up and 'perfected', I'll upload them again, potentially in a new thread. For the time being I'm just going to take a break and enjoy playing some pinball!

P.S. This took a lot longer than I thought it would. Many thanks to those of you who also released cam files as I stood on the shoulders of your work in releasing mine.

Update: A few screenshots are in my post above.

Last edited:

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
I have updated my link to my Camera Files in the first post in this thread. It is now updated to include all tables through Road Show ... :cool:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
I have updated my link to my Camera Files in the first post in this thread. It is now updated to include all tables through Road Show ... :cool:

Thanks for doing that nudnick. I have not grabbed the new ones yet, but the views in your prior camera files were great!

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
is there a package including road show that features a full playfiel portrait view for cabinets?
kind of lost mine thanks to reinstall...

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
is there a package including road show that features a full playfiel portrait view for cabinets?
kind of lost mine thanks to reinstall...

Funny you should ask ... I was getting tired of having a "plunger" view as I never use it. So, today I went through and changed all my plunger views to a "top" view which is a top down view. And yes, its all in portrait view. Hers a link to it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqowf6ud8ry191g/Cameras%20-%20nudnick.zip?dl=0

Its named "Cameras - top.zip" ... just extract it and then rename the folder to "cameras".

**UPDATED 7/5/15 9:45 AM CST** - went back and tweaked top view for a more "full" view of top down to include table rules and coin cost stickers ...

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Funny you should ask ... I was getting tired of having a "plunger" view as I never use it. So, today I went through and changed all my plunger views to a "top" view which is a top down view. And yes, its all in portrait view. Hers a link to it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/038ddabuwcjwk2c/Cameras%20-%20top.zip?dl=0

Its named "Cameras - top.zip" ... just extract it and then rename the folder to "cameras".

**UPDATED 7/5/15 9:45 AM CST** - went back and tweaked top view for a more "full" view of top down to include table rules and coin cost stickers ...

Nudnick, I just went to use your new set of camera files, which now includes your new top down view, and with your latest Update. You have done a fantastic job of capturing, with your latest set of three views, the best of all worlds! The View 1 (top down view) is a great replacement for your prior plunger view, since it shows the plunger anyways. View 3 is nice for a quick look at the backglass, along with the rest of the table. I love for regular play using View 2 as it is a great hybrid, and it looks great on my 40 inch TV in portrait mode on the wall. Thanks!

Last edited:

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Awesome ... Thanks seattlemark. Im glad you're enjoying them. I really like these 3 views too as they are all very playable and you can switch between them seamlessly without losing site of the ball.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
... I really like these 3 views too as they are all very playable and you can switch between them seamlessly without losing site of the ball.

Yes, for quick switching views in the Camera Mod, I have the Xbox controller's Directional Pad mapped clockwise from the 12:00 position as: F1, F2, F3 . (Of course, JoyToKey, XPadder, and other tools are available for such Xbox controller mapping.) In addition, I have Alt-Enter at the 9:00 position of that Directional Pad, and that serves some nice benefits when used with the Camera Mod.

Last edited:

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
*UPDATE 7/10/15*

I've updated my latest camera pack. I've gone back and adjusted the FOV value from a "1" to around a "4" for the "top down view" on every table which makes huge improvements to ball reflection and overall angle of table objects.

So in this pack you've got:

1) Top down view (full table)
2) Hybrid view (full table with DMD)
3) Backglass view (full table with backglass)

Get the pack here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqowf6ud8ry191g/Cameras%20-%20nudnick.zip?dl=0

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.