Share your Camera file packs!

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
so is using FOV 4 basically being used for keystone adjustment ?

Keystone is a good analogy ... I had never really adjusted FOV before setting up top down view. I noticed that with FOV set at "1", that on top down view, the ball's reflection on table stood way out ... was ugly. Adjusting FOV to "4" tucked that reflection back up under the ball. It also made the objects furthes from very center of table appear to be more of a better view of looking straight down on the table.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
very cool. I tried making some tweaks and I think I'm gonna ajust the Backglass and Hybrid views to use a FOV of 1.5

It reduces the amount the Image is pinched in at back and eliminates the stretching effect below the flippers.
heres comparison photo.
Left is FOW 1 and Right is FOW 1.5

J7d6aqb.jpg

More then 1.5 and I was finding the Table instructions art was getting to close to flippers due to perspective and I still like to see the outlanes below the flippers abit.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
very cool. I tried making some tweaks and I think I'm gonna ajust the Backglass and Hybrid views to use a FOV of 1.5

It reduces the amount the Image is pinched in at back and eliminates the stretching effect below the flippers.
heres comparison photo.
Left is FOW 1 and Right is FOW 1.5

J7d6aqb.jpg

More then 1.5 and I was finding the Table instructions art was getting to close to flippers due to perspective and I still like to see the outlanes below the flippers abit.

You're right! FOV 1.5 on the Hybrid view does look better and twists the flippers to a more realistic perspective with that view. :p *Sigh* ... I'm definitely going to update again. I'll throw it back up here when done.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
hey you guys, I have been trying to get some sort of real looking keystone correction, but I came to the conclusion this can't be done with the free cam mod.
please feel free to prove me werong!!!

I think this has to be done somehow wit the engine, or there have to be different transform /fov options for front and back of the table - and maybe somewhere inbetween.
It's like when you stand in fron of a real table and move your eyes from front to back, there is som transformation / change of perspective going on.
at the fron it ist more top down view, at the back more frontal view.
This is actually one thing I expect the official cabinet mode to do right, whenever it sees the light of day...

EDIT: It just came to my mind, that probably the table has to be virtually bent, like the playfield was some kind of arc... hmmm ... like fisheye optics of some kind.

Last edited:

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Hey Mpad I think your right for really good Perspective in a Cab they will need some keystone adjustments within the program.
At this point I think we need to consider leaving enough room at the top for the DMD until such a time that it can be moved to second screen.

Here's my take on the topdown cab view ..its very close to full screen width but retains the angled perspective of the objects down the field...which I find all the top down views lose and makes things look wrong..I've never sat with my face above the table near the backglass. The Slings and flippers have abit to much angled perspective but Overall I think the table looks better on a monitor laying flat.

Heres a pic and a link to just the Phantom Table. See what ya think on your cab if after a few minutes of play if this doesn't seem a better compromise.
vn3Sd96.png

http://1drv.ms/1gu40Fy

Last edited:

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
hey robert, you are right, that does look better when standing in front of a cab.
it is more of a hybrid. I also like what silverballs did with his XENON view.
problem is I have no real keyboard on the cab right now and it is a PITA to adjust the cam tool with a bluetoth mini keyboard / touchpad.

you want to share your full set so I could compare some others?

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
Heres all of Season 4 with dmd, hybrid both using FOV of 1.5 and Topdown using FOW of 5

I'll be working on updating rest to same format as time permits

http://1drv.ms/1O2gAam

Heres Images of the topdown view for each

6bDur2O.jpg
ncUbdft.jpg
WVg2PwQ.jpg

Last edited:

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Thank you guys for sharing!
I would love to make some changes (like setting another default view) but I can't
I have the problem that in the mod overlay everything is greyed out and I can't do anything. Ideas? Dunno what happened. A few days back it worked fine.

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
So like you Robert ... I spent the better part of this day tweaking. I'm done as well ... I call this pack the "Nudnick Ultimate View Pack". I actually went back and tweaked all my Backglass views as well with an FOV at or near 1.30. So now all my perspectives are pretty good to go. I leave the DMD out of my overhead view, but with the FOV at or near 4, it gives the perspective of overhead with eyes right above around the flippers. I'm done tweaking for a while ... time to actually play instead of fart around with the Cam Mod!

Link to pack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqowf6ud8ry191g/Cameras%20-%20nudnick.zip?dl=0

Robert ... got your full cam pack ... Thanks again!

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
updated camera pack to include safe cracker. I chose to make it a bit smaller for the cab view..so it reflects the smaller table better vs having a giant ball etc.thats why you can see the outer edges of the table..but I think it conveys the scale better..but i'm curious how others plan on dealing with it.

http://1drv.ms/1M029V5

N8njAPh.png

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
I basically just followed my same nudnick style of format with this table as well. Ball does look huge in plunger, but seems to shrink up a bit when in play on table. Views play great though and this is a great table as well.

views.png

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
not a camera update but I've created an animated backglass for Xenon from the ingame for use in 2 screen setups using front ends like PinballX. I think it matches the table better then the other one I found on the net.

http://1drv.ms/1MC8W7G

its only 2.7MB 1080p version (its pretty clear once downloaded the build in one drive streamer makes it look very lowrez)

Members online

Members online