help - Acer Liquid z220 touchscreen problem

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
Nothing to do with TPA game itself, but my touchscreen isn't letting me use both flippers. When I try to use both flippers they both don't work and it nudges instead. This also happened in Zen Pinball, but without the nudging part. I'm wondering how I can fix this.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Did it work normally previously, if so, Have you had any kind of OS update recently?

If not, a little extreme, but I'd try a factory reset.
That'll either fix it, or your digitizer is sausaged. Which means a new device realistically.

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
This is a new phone I got. I think it came with the newest OS since it says there's no updates for my phone.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
not much of a comfort, but I had to replace the whole display assembly on new acer tablet because of the similar thing. A few days later the whole screen was dead to touches.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
Check if multiple touch is working normally using this app to test...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=multitouchpro.tests

This.
I did have a similar issue with TPA on my Nexus 7.
Come to find out I have the same issue with anything I do on the tablet.
Used that app exactly to find out that sometimes one touch to my device was registering 3+ touches in different zones.
In my case, it seems to be a hardware issue as it has not been solved by factory reset/Android updates, so I would start digging for receipts.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Unfortunately, digitizer faults are quite common. Friend of mine will have to replace his S5 because of the same issue.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
This.
I did have a similar issue with TPA on my Nexus 7.
Come to find out I have the same issue with anything I do on the tablet.
Used that app exactly to find out that sometimes one touch to my device was registering 3+ touches in different zones.
In my case, it seems to be a hardware issue as it has not been solved by factory reset/Android updates, so I would start digging for receipts.

Well crap. Occasionally during multiball, or other frantic flipping scenarios, I'll noticed a missed touch. 2013 N7.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts