[Touchscreen] Anyone play on an LG G4?

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I used to play exclusively on Android, but ended up getting an iPad and kept TPA activities there. But I just got an LG G4, and since I have years of purchased tables, I installed TPA and downloaded a few tables. Soon after, I noticed that the game wasn't always detecting when I tapped the screen to activate a flipper; the ball would end up rolling down the flipper and into the drain, or it would lag and I would just hit the ball with the end of the flipper. This problem has popped up in the OS itself, as sometimes it won't load an app or something else I tapped.

Other people have had issues with the touchscreen, but other people have not. I'm going to exchange my device for a new one and hope this one was a lemon. If anyone else has tried TPA on the G4 yet, how is it working for you? Other than this issue and half of the score display in games like BoP not showing up (an issue that goes way way back), it runs smooth and looks good.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Other than this issue and half of the score display in games like BoP not showing up (an issue that goes way way back), it runs smooth and looks good.

That bug affects most alpha numeric tables, and is not limited to that device. I think FarSight should experiment with allowing alpha numeric displays to draw fully now. Device performance should be capable now.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
That bug affects most alpha numeric tables, and is not limited to that device. I think FarSight should experiment with allowing alpha numeric displays to draw fully now. Device performance should be capable now.

You'd think, but I suppose Farsight wants to maintain some compatibility with older or budget devices. My bigger concern is the touchscreen issue, which I'm still encountering.

tveith

Dec 9, 2013
I used to play exclusively on Android, but ended up getting an iPad and kept TPA activities there. But I just got an LG G4, and since I have years of purchased tables, I installed TPA and downloaded a few tables. Soon after, I noticed that the game wasn't always detecting when I tapped the screen to activate a flipper; the ball would end up rolling down the flipper and into the drain, or it would lag and I would just hit the ball with the end of the flipper. This problem has popped up in the OS itself, as sometimes it won't load an app or something else I tapped.

Other people have had issues with the touchscreen, but other people have not. I'm going to exchange my device for a new one and hope this one was a lemon. If anyone else has tried TPA on the G4 yet, how is it working for you? Other than this issue and half of the score display in games like BoP not showing up (an issue that goes way way back), it runs smooth and looks good.

Do a Google search for "LG G4 touch screen issues". Many people are experiencing problems with the LG G4 screen not always responding to touch. LG recently forced an upgrade to the device, some people say this is fixing the touch screen issues. Some people are returning the device. Your problem is likely an issue with the G4 and not Pinball Arcade.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Do a Google search for "LG G4 touch screen issues". Many people are experiencing problems with the LG G4 screen not always responding to touch. LG recently forced an upgrade to the device, some people say this is fixing the touch screen issues. Some people are returning the device. Your problem is likely an issue with the G4 and not Pinball Arcade.

That's why I'm posting about it here, to see if anyone else owns this device (doesn't look like it) or has any insight. I just picked up a replacement G4 and am putting it through its paces now.

Members online

Members online