Android TV support?

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
Any activity on this?

Zen is fine, but I need me some BK2000 on my Shield TV!

Odds are it won't be "supported" until the new UI is finished. However, you can extract the APK from the play store and sideload it to you Shield TV to make the most of it until then.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
I'll give it a try on SONY TV someday. But I don't have dualshock. I wonder if I could use tvside view for navigation.

darkuni

Jul 26, 2012
Odds are it won't be "supported" until the new UI is finished. However, you can extract the APK from the play store and sideload it to you Shield TV to make the most of it until then.

Yeah, but I need a pointing device to use it - and for some reason, NVidia says that Google won't allow them to activate the track pad pointer on Android TV.

It is a shame.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, but I need a pointing device to use it - and for some reason, NVidia says that Google won't allow them to activate the track pad pointer on Android TV.

It is a shame.

I use a cheap wireless mouse, but that has the added bonus of screwing with the tilt functionality its works but only kinda

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
I'll give it a try on SONY TV someday. But I don't have dualshock. I wonder if I could use tvside view for navigation.

with just a remote and remote app, navigation is almost impossible. But I did tried T2 and game runs just fine although it is impossible to play with remote because it laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags a lot. But there is another issue, on SONY default launcher you don't get shortcuts for sideloaded apps that are not available in the market. And with new FW you can't set any other launcher as default.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Can you also play VP, FP, and Unit3D on the Shield ? Or are PC games just out of the question ?

you can rig it to work by streaming it through a pc to the shield using gamestream, but u need to have an nvidia gpu on your pc for that to work. Never tried it personally so your mileage may vary.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
you can rig it to work by streaming it through a pc to the shield using gamestream, but u need to have an nvidia gpu on your pc for that to work. Never tried it personally so your mileage may vary.
Thanks for the reply, I was hoping it would be a lot more open to those games.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
OK. To get everything work one does need
- Logitech USB mouse with unifying receiver (maybe others works also). Needed for scrolling through tables.
- A tablet/phone with tv sideview app for moving cursor to adjust camera. OK, that can be done with triangle on DS4. Mouse can do that also but mouse movement always nudge, even if nudge is set to OFF. Moving cursor on tablet does not. I believe that also smart remote that comes with high end bravias would do.
- Dualshock 4 to play the game once it is started. Other than that it is useless in TPA.

And I didn't find the way to activate those special on screen buttons.

And with all that, menus sometimes does not respond, you either need a few clicks or just have to wait till something happens.
And sound in TPA is awful. It is bad on tablet, but on big floorstanders it really sounds like some 57th copy of some bootleg tape.

Edit: some other info added.

Last edited:

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Glad I read this thread before I went out and bought a SHIELD. I still might, but I've lowered my expectations regarding TPA (again).

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Buy a Shield K1 Tablet instead of the Shield TV console.
K1 Tablet has a hdmi out port on the tablet, the trackpad on the controller works allowing you to navigate non control friendly apps from the sofa. There's a game pad mapper for non controller friendly apps. And you have the added benefit that when your not using it through the TV, it's mobile.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
OK. To get everything work one does need
- Logitech USB mouse with unifying receiver (maybe others works also). Needed for scrolling through tables.
- A tablet/phone with tv sideview app for moving cursor to adjust camera. OK, that can be done with triangle on DS4. Mouse can do that also but mouse movement always nudge, even if nudge is set to OFF. Moving cursor on tablet does not. I believe that also smart remote that comes with high end bravias would do.
- Dualshock 4 to play the game once it is started. Other than that it is useless in TPA.

And I didn't find the way to activate those special on screen buttons.

And with all that, menus sometimes does not respond, you either need a few clicks or just have to wait till something happens.
And sound in TPA is awful. It is bad on tablet, but on big floorstanders it really sounds like some 57th copy of some bootleg tape.

Edit: some other info added.

Kinggo, what did you use to get the table itself started? Like other people, whenever I try a mouse to select the "Start" on any table, that table Tilts on me. Have you found a way to overcome that Tilting on the Nvidia Shield TV?

Last edited:

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
I'm not using shield. This is how it is on SONY android TV.
But how can you tilt a table before even starting it?

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
I'm not using shield. This is how it is on SONY android TV.
But how can you tilt a table before even starting it?

When the mouse is used to click on the table's Start icon, it does start the table PLUS the mouse somehow triggers a nudge too. (Even if you don't move the mouse.) That "nudge" is causing a Tilt most of the time. I even happen to have a mouse that's defective, where the left click works but the motion reading of the mouse doesn't work. So, if I use a fully working different mouse to get the cursor over the Start and then take my hand off the mouse. Then next I use the defective "motionless mouse" to do the left click, I still get a Tilt! In fact someone said they get a nudge/Tilt even when they turn off nudging in TPA's settings. :(

Last edited:

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
No idea why it's titling, but as an FYI about the options. Changing the nudge setting to off doesn't mean it won't tilt, it just adjusts the settings for the "on-screen" nudge controls; touch, shake, or off. Using a controller will still nudge/tilt.

If you don't want it to tilt you need to either play in pro-mode with the settings adjusted, or to play with tilt set to off; after you have gotten all the wizard goals. Either of these methods will disable the leader boards.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
When the mouse is used to click on the table's Start icon, it does start the table PLUS the mouse somehow triggers a nudge too. (Even if you don't move the mouse.) That "nudge" is causing a Tilt most of the time. I even happen to have a mouse that's defective, where the left click works but the motion reading of the mouse doesn't work. So, if I use a fully working different mouse to get the cursor over the Start and then take my hand off the mouse. Then next I use the defective "motionless mouse" to do the left click, I still get a Tilt! In fact someone said they get a nudge/Tilt even when they turn off nudging in TPA's settings. :(

Oh, I see what you mean. I believe that it is because game somehow "remembers" those mouse movements prior click and they manifest after you start the game. I had that too.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
some more observations........
Mouse is not needed at all. Tables can be selected with tv sideview app directly. The trick is to hold the cursor on one table and after a few seconds the frame around it will disappear and then, without lifting your finger, you can scroll a few tables.
The same goes for all on screen buttons, position the cursor, press and hold.
And on screen fire/launch/whatever button is actually X.

C'mon FS, make proper controller support and build the game as Android TV compatible so that we can see it in default launcher.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.