Road show

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I got the flying rocks EB each game as well, not on every plunge, maybe 1/3 or 1/4, but you can only get it once per game so you don't need perfect accuracy on that. I held the tip of the plunger a bit lower than the middle of the lowest black arrow, if that makes sense.

Construction mania felt very bad risk/reward wise, better to skip it. Big Millions can also be risky, I had 2 drains from that (although I guess I scored the 25M a lot of times as well). I also drained twice in the same game from shooting the right ramp. When it feeds the right inlane it flipped very quickly back and into the outlane instead. I stopped bothering with the right ramp after that, it's a pointless shot anyway.

I got 50M from a blast once, not sure how, but it was a cool surprise :)

Multi-ball and Super Payday I do like on this table. It's hard to get any kind of rhythm, but when things click and the jackpots are rolling in it's a blast(!).

Also [MENTION=5136]Tarek Oberdieck[/MENTION] : this is probably the one advantage we iPad players have on PC players (besides taking our game everywhere we go); we get to hold the plungers in one place and this makes for a much more precise release. I also get the Flying Rocks EB quite easily, I would also say 1 in 2 or 3. Then again what Maggie said: there seems to be a bit randomness to the left plunger. I pull back where the tip of the plunger is right at the middle of the second light mark as seen from below (probably it's a red mark but I'm colourblind :) ). The right plunger seems perfectly dependable in results.
I did one Construction Mania and couldn't say I was impressed with the results pointswise, I wouldn't bother with it. The right ramp can be profitable in that it can give a Bonus X (besides the miles offcourse). I like to shoot two left ramps in succession, do a right ramp after the feed to the left flipper and then hit a (super) blast. This gives 2x Bonus x, a lot of miles and a super blast of 15M. Rinse and repeat towards 6x Bonus and the next city. I would have liked to be awarded something extra for shooting what is essentially a 4-way combo. Also I think it's a missed chance that there is no real progression (besides points) or end to a City Mode. You only have to start it, and it's your choice to go for the (sometimes risky) extra points. If they would have awarded something for completion (within a time limit), there would be more incentive to play them further. Like the modes on LOTR for example who on completion award an Elven Gift which is needed to progress to the Wizard mode. Still having lots of fun though!

Edit: I just got a bit respectable in the scoring table with 15B with multiple bonuses upwards of 1.4B. With Bonus X that important, I'm really starting to like my 4-way combo... :)

Last edited:

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Also [MENTION=5136]Tarek Oberdieck[/MENTION] : this is probably the one advantage we iPad players have on PC players (besides taking our game everywhere we go); we get to hold the plungers in one place and this makes for a much more precise release. I also get the Flying Rocks EB quite easily, I would also say 1 in 2 or 3. Then again what Maggie said: there seems to be a bit randomness to the left plunger. I pull back where the tip of the plunger is right at the middle of the second light mark as seen from below (probably it's a red mark but I'm colourblind :) ). The right plunger seems perfectly dependable in results.
I did one Construction Mania and couldn't say I was impressed with the results pointswise, I wouldn't bother with it. The right ramp can be profitable in that it can give a Bonus X (besides the miles offcourse). I like to shoot two left ramps in succession, do a right ramp after the feed to the left flipper and then hit a (super) blast. This gives 2x Bonus x, a lot of miles and a super blast of 15M. Rinse and repeat towards 6x Bonus and the next city. I would have liked to be awarded something extra for shooting what is essentially a 4-way combo. Also I think it's a missed chance that there is no real progression (besides points) or end to a City Mode. You only have to start it, and it's your choice to go for the (sometimes risky) extra points. If they would have awarded something for completion (within a time limit), there would be more incentive to play them further. Like the modes on LOTR for example who on completion award an Elven Gift which is needed to progress to the Wizard mode. Still having lots of fun though!

I´ve ignored to get the Flying Rocks EB for a long time in my game, better to stack them. Later I´ve missed. :)
There are too many EB possibilities after start: bridge out, blast, replay score, wheel.
Second blast and second wheel is not far away.

The score for a city mode itself is not worth to risk. The big feature is that you will get the points for every city score in Super Payday when you hit this city. So I would go for most modes.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Also Tarek Oberdieck : this is probably the one advantage we iPad players have on PC players (besides taking our game everywhere we go); we get to hold the plungers in one place and this makes for a much more precise release.

PC players get that too. Click-drag downwards with the mouse lets you precisely hold the plunger in one place for the release. I can hit the skill shot on Jack*Bot very nearly 100%, for example. (Haven't tried Road Show yet.)

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
PC players get that too. Click-drag downwards with the mouse lets you precisely hold the plunger in one place for the release. I can hit the skill shot on Jack*Bot very nearly 100%, for example. (Haven't tried Road Show yet.)

Has this always been the case, or is that new functionality? Good to know, I thought we had a minor advantage.... :) You should try Road Show, it has that "just one more game" factor.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
I was talking about this of course
dc0d5db6da87dd5a1e5b9d32735824f4.jpg

Damn, really like the game now that I played it in TPA. I know a pinball place that has it, but I always played the other hundred tables they have...
Definitely have to do get me some rl exercise on this one.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Wow, that looks like a really nice virtual cabinet! Did some poor real table die for this or is it a custom build?

Maggie

Jan 8, 2015
Edit: I just got a bit respectable in the scoring table with 15B with multiple bonuses upwards of 1.4B. With Bonus X that important, I'm really starting to like my 4-way combo... :)

I think you've convinced me to work to add on the superblast. I've been using the 3-way combo, but then holding at fire in the hole and letting it come to rest on the left flipper for control.

Meanwhile, I'm crying in my pretzels. I just got 16.5 B, and it looks like it might not update to the leaderboards. I'm on a dicey internet connection. My only hope is that my shiny new HOF points haven't updated on the leaderboard either -- and the last time my high score didn't post, the HOF points did. Anyway, I'm happy about my fearless forecast -- my strategy could definitely get to the teens! Now to see what super blasts might do for me...

Very much agree about the "just one more" factor. Though maybe after the long game I just finished I can finally let it go for a while. Even if it doesn't post, 16.5 B would be worth 14th place and that is epic for me.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Hi Maggie,
Great score! I had the same epic feeling when I posted my Black Knight score that at the time was no. 5 overall (I see it's still the no. 1 iOS score). I almost passed Tarek on that one, came very close. I just checked TPA's Leaderboards on the 'net and it says that there is maintenance going on. This may be the reason that your 16.5B doesn't show, my 15B doesn't show either (yet). I also did get my HOF points though (haven't checked the overall standings, so not sure if that got to the leaderboards), so I expect our scores to be in some buffer waiting to be uploaded. But no guarantees offcourse, it's still TPA.... :)

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Wow, that looks like a really nice virtual cabinet! Did some poor real table die for this or is it a custom build?

Thanks. I can assure you its pinball save. built it from scratch and used original Williams parts for lockdown, plunger etc.
Actually it is no cab, but a tabletop (no room for big cab in small flat with gf).

Maggie

Jan 8, 2015
I just checked TPA's Leaderboards on the 'net and it says that there is maintenance going on. This may be the reason that your 16.5B doesn't show, my 15B doesn't show either (yet). I also did get my HOF points though (haven't checked the overall standings, so not sure if that got to the leaderboards), so I expect our scores to be in some buffer waiting to be uploaded. But no guarantees offcourse, it's still TPA.... :)

Sadly for me, I don't think this will work out for me. When I read your post last night, I saw your score, but remained hopeful because it seemed like there were no further updates, my ranking at #32 (which is my third highest score for Road Show, having lost not one but two better scores) stayed constant. But just now, it dropped to #33. So, I think my 16.5 B is lost in space. I finished some games on other tables. None were high scores. But also none of them are posting on the weekly boards. TPA thinks I haven't played those machines lately. So something is buggy -- but I don't have time to fuss with what it might be.

At least my HOF points counted! I'm just shy of 17k now. Game center reflects my current score. TPA leaderboard for HOF points does not.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I saw my score for Roadshow just yet, sorry about your score not posting. Anyway if you scored 16B, you'll probably have an even better game in you still!

invitro

May 4, 2012
Well I just dropped a 67B. I crapped out the last 5 balls when I realized this score probably wouldn't post, after my 26B from last night didn't get posted, and (especially) after reading all you guys' posts here and elsewhere.

Hhm, seems like a good time to do some tourney practice, no risk of high scores... :)

EDIT: I crapped out the last 5 balls actually because I had taken a long break, I don't know why I tried to blame it on leaderboard troubles.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.