Road show

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Thanks! I'm done with RS for now -- though I don't have that 125M jackpot wizard. A great thing about TPA is people can have very different agendas. My main focus is on HOF points. Once I have 1000 it's hard to be motivated to keep playing a table. Of course, I only have that problem on 5 tables!!! At some point I might switch to chasing leaderboards. Right now, I'm terrible -- this is my only table in the top 100 (for now, it's early days). I have maybe 8-10 in the top 500. My worst is about #20,000!!! (Totan, which I cannot figure out). I only do really well on tables that have well-defined strategies and that don't punish errant shots too severely. I knew early on in playing RS that this was probably one I could do well with -- once I figured out where the points were and how to manage the 3-way with some success.

It's hard to know if you could really go infinite on my strategy. I may have just had a very lucky run on pinballs at Bobs. But I definitely got to a place where I had 4EB queued up, 3 from Bob, 1 from the wheel. Once I had all the cities lit, it just seemed very profitable to keep lighting up Bob and collecting. The downside is boredom, which is why I shifted to playing around with other things, ending the game pretty quickly). I don't do well with multiballs, and usually only get 100-200m on super payday. And I only sometimes come out with an extra ball. I never get many blasts... just the first EB from that. I haven't really even read the rules for the blast! I just know that enough usually happen along the way that eventually an EB will show up from them!

I was in it for a long time only for the HOF points too (and stopped playing after getting 1000), but [MENTION=446]invitro[/MENTION] changed that by setting up the best leaderboards we have (thanks man!). All of a sudden I got the bug to maximize scoring beyond those HOF points. I also like reading about your ascent on the leaderboards, I had a nice exchange about that myself with Gus who just went flying by in the last couple of months, even challenging Toolinit's stranglehold on no 1 HOF points on iOS. Competing against and with each other is much nicer if you get to know each other a bit also.
About grading papers: I work as a neuropsychologist with brain-injured patients at a rehabilitation clinic, and I teach a post-master course in clinical neuropsychology at the local university. The papers I have to grade are case studies in which a neuropsychological examination is performed on a patient. * start whine * It's about 25 papers of 30-40 pages each that I have to work through over the course of three weeks, each taking 2-2,5 hours. I basically have to find a whole workweek worth of time besides my normal work, so it's a bit of bother really, * end whine * although I really like to read them, if it's about the brain, I'm in! It's eating all my pinball time though, although I managed to sneak in that 15B game this week.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
What do you think about this ? [MENTION=896]Slam23[/MENTION]

I have seen something like this before! But great to have a direct link, this will be used in the course! :) Great choice of machine and that guy seems to have some skill too. I have seen some impressive examples of motor imagery interfaces in patients, for example with complete paraplegy. It's the future and as the saying goes, we aint seen nothing yet....
Funny note: getting an EEG cap administered is a big hassle, they use glue to fix the electrodes to your scalp and that leaves a lot of gooey residue in your hair. Now I was already going bald in my late teens, so during my college days I was a very popular candidate among my fellow students to undergo EEG experiments....

Last edited:

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
I never got roadshow. reinstallation maybe have something to do about it. I redownloaded files but I still haven´t got this table neither running normal or beta?

after a complete reinstallation got it.

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
The catch with that jackpot wizard goal.

It can only be done of the THIRD multiball or later.

Jackpot is capped at 75M for first one, and 100M for second one. Need to reach the third multiball to raise the cap to 125M.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.