Bugs, Glitches, and General Issues [PS VITA]

N

Nik Barbour

Metalzoic, I fully understand where your screw this attitude is coming from. I just had another game of CV ruined by glitch. I am going for the "Activate Ringmaster Battle" wizard challenge and have just defeated the 3rd ringmaster for the Razz multiball however the ball doesn't get automatically plunged into play. A few seconds later I lose the ball on the playfield to an outlane and it get dispensed into the plunger lane resulting in it there being 2 balls in the lane. However the plunger doesn't have the strength to put either ball into play and calling the attendant does not do anything. This has been the 4th or 5th game of CV that I have had ruined by glitches. Hopefully I will migrate over the Xbox 360 version once the DLC is out since what we are getting on the PS Vita is complete trash.

I've had exact same problem on Android version - you might find this is an all platforms bug, before you abandon your Vita.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I've had exact same problem on Android version - you might find this is an all platforms bug, before you abandon your Vita.

That is even more condemning. They shouldn't even be selling software with game-breaking bugs and glitches in it.

Personally there is no way in hell at this point that I would buy it for 360 and give more money to Farsight. I already really regret giving them money for the kickstarter before they even bothered to fix the game we already had. They certainly lost any and all support I would have given them for other tables in the future. In fact if there is a way to pull your money back from the kickstarter please let me know.

They either have these problems fixed in the next update or I'm done with them. Zen 2 is right around the corner and that is a product that will actually be solid.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I just did a quick update by adding screenshots of the tables to some of the issues to show what some of the visual problems are.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Nice. Have you also emailed this list to Farsight?

I was planning on doing one final clean up very soon then sending an email to the address that Mike Reitmeyer posted in another topic. Hopefully that will set things in motion as to getting these problems fixed in a timely manner.

SteWieH

Jul 11, 2012
another issue: now you cant play your own music with the games. i used to load music playe then pinball arcade, then with dlc3 whenecer i load arcade it pauses my music. blows

SteWieH

Jul 11, 2012
another bug i randomly came across
after (seemingly) weeks of trying i FINALLY got the bal in rudys mouth when he was talking. (i could tell cause he spit the ball back out as if he was asleep) but the table didnt register the hit as he goal. which sucks for me cause that was the last standard goal I had. They also should change that to a wizard goal as that is ONE tough goal to get....

rcaudwell

Jul 19, 2012
High scores set when not connected to PSN don`t upload when next connected (happened to me on Arabian Nights table, not sure if the case on others)

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
High scores set when not connected to PSN don`t upload when next connected (happened to me on Arabian Nights table, not sure if the case on others)

Offline scores do not update when next connected so that is normal.
I thought that I had read that this was being changed in the next up-date though. Then again maybe they are only fixing it for android/iOs.
Anyone remember?

photon007

Jul 3, 2012
What gives with the release of Gorgar, Monster Bash, Black Knight, and Creature 3D for the Vita? I finally got the update icon today (9/4/12) and proceeded to download and install. And the end result is....absolutely nothing. Nothing has changed, nothing is available on the PS store. What is up with the people working at Sony? Are they trying to sink Playstation forever? I've been playing these games on Android for weeks. I honestly like the feeling and control that I get when I play with my Vita, but come on, stop jerking people around. Get it straight Sony. My life long love of Sony products is being kicked around like an old ball. On the positive side, you guys over at FarSight rock.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
What gives with the release of Gorgar, Monster Bash, Black Knight, and Creature 3D for the Vita? I finally got the update icon today (9/4/12) and proceeded to download and install. And the end result is....absolutely nothing. Nothing has changed, nothing is available on the PS store. What is up with the people working at Sony? Are they trying to sink Playstation forever? I've been playing these games on Android for weeks. I honestly like the feeling and control that I get when I play with my Vita, but come on, stop jerking people around. Get it straight Sony. My life long love of Sony products is being kicked around like an old ball. On the positive side, you guys over at FarSight rock.

Strangely updates seem to go live before content is updated to the store. I don't know why Sony does it this way, but it has been like that forever and they never bother to fix it. Honestly I bet if you that the management in charge of PSN is so disconnected and out of touch that they aren't even aware of the issue.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
What fixes have you guys noticed with the 9-4-12 update?
All I've seen so far is that the playfield graphics have been fixed (except for the slingshots on ToM). I haven't had much of a chance to try it out yet though, been playing Zen 2.

I will say I was surprised how much I liked Gorgar and MB seems very cool even though the camera views seem to be to distant on that table for some reason.

Any of the big glitches or bugs fixed?

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
What fixes have you guys noticed with the 9-4-12 update?
All I've seen so far is that the playfield graphics have been fixed (except for the slingshots on ToM). I haven't had much of a chance to try it out yet though, been playing Zen 2.

I will say I was surprised how much I liked Gorgar and MB seems very cool even though the camera views seem to be to distant on that table for some reason.

Any of the big glitches or bugs fixed?

Funhouse still has some playfield graphic issues, but I think the rest were improved.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Now that the latest patch is out, I will go through all of the tables and check if the problems I have listed are fixed. I will also be adding the sections for the new tables, so please post any bugs you find in those ones since I am still deciding if I am going to purchase them or not.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
For a quick update, I have completed my check of the bugs and the only change that I can see with this patch is that the playfield textures for the original tables have been returned to a state of sufficient quality. Other than that, I was unable to find anything else from the list in the original post that was fixed. MM still has the frame rate problem as well as the flipper gap, BoP is still has major problems with transparency, and CV is still a mess.

1976mrk

Sep 7, 2012
Hello all! I don't have The Pinball Arcade for Vita yet, but I had to post and share my feelings upon reading these posts.

I was planning to get The Pinball Arcade for the PS Vita in a few weeks, but I just discovered this forum and noticed quite a few bugs listed here. I know bugs are a fact of life for most games these days, but I was disheartened to read Crush3d_Turtle's update that the 9/4 update did very little to remedy these bugs (especially the long list of bugs for Cirqus Voltaire).

I know DLC updates are scheduled for 9/25 for table pack 4, and "the end of September" for table pack 5. Do these updates always come with patches? I really hope the Farsight team addresses these issues for the Vita version soon, because I just went from "guaranteed buy" to "on the fence.":confused:

I really want to get The Pinball Arcade, but first I want to see Farsight try to fix these bugs. My fingers are crossed.:cool:

Last edited:

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Hello all! I don't have The Pinball Arcade for Vita yet, but I had to post and share my feelings upon reading these posts.

I was planning to get The Pinball Arcade for the PS Vita in a few weeks, but I just discovered this forum and noticed quite a few bugs listed here. I know bugs are a fact of life for most games these days, but I was disheartened to read Crush3d_Turtle's update that the 9/4 update did very little to remedy these bugs (especially the long list of bugs for Cirqus Voltaire).

I know DLC updates are scheduled for 9/25 for table pack 4, and "the end of September" for table pack 5. Do these updates always come with patches? I really hope the Farsight team addresses these issues for the Vita version soon, because I just went from "guaranteed buy" to "on the fence.":confused:

I really want to get The Pinball Arcade, but first I want to see Farsight try to fix these bugs. My fingers are crossed.:cool:

My original intention with this topic was not to dissuade anyone from purchasing the game, but to outline all of the bugs in a concise way to aid the developers in correcting them. It needs to be understood that fixing bugs in the PS Vita version is probably not the problem, it is most likely the complicated distribution through PSN. I do have faith that these problems will get rectified since tables like RBIoN and ToM have relatively minor problems and play fantastically. FS has already shown with most of these tables that they are fantastic developers and are giving a superb pinball experience. However, the lack of communication from the developers in the PS Vita section seems a bit disheartening to the fans of TPA on this system. Out of all the tables that have been released so far, only CV has real problems and MM needs some work. I would suggest to go ahead and get TPA on the Vita in its current state since it is a very playable state and has potential to get much better.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
My original intention with this topic was not to dissuade anyone from purchasing the game, but to outline all of the bugs in a concise way to aid the developers in correcting them. It needs to be understood that fixing bugs in the PS Vita version is probably not the problem, it is most likely the complicated distribution through PSN. I do have faith that these problems will get rectified since tables like RBIoN and ToM have relatively minor problems and play fantastically. FS has already shown with most of these tables that they are fantastic developers and are giving a superb pinball experience. However, the lack of communication from the developers in the PS Vita section seems a bit disheartening to the fans of TPA on this system. Out of all the tables that have been released so far, only CV has real problems and MM needs some work. I would suggest to go ahead and get TPA on the Vita in its current state since it is a very playable state and has potential to get much better.

I agree. Problems with the base tables are minimal and they are fantastic tables that will give you tons of hours of playtime. I refuse to touch MM until they fix it and I love CV but it is damn near completely broken so I'm staying away for now.

Buy the base game and enjoy the hell out of it. By the time you can beat each of those tables wizard modes maybe the other tables will be fixed.

1976mrk

Sep 7, 2012
I will most likely go ahead and get The Pinball Arcade with all the positive things I'm hearing about it. Farsight looks to be doing great work, and I want to support their efforts. I just got nervous that with these bugs listed about two months ago, it seems not a lot of them have been addressed since. (I noticed on the "Latest Information" page, there are links to report bugs on the iOS/Android versions, but not the others) As Crush3d_Turtle said above, there is a lack of communication from FS on the PS Vita section. Some reassurance that Farsight will acknowledge and address these bugs for the Vita version would be very welcome.:)

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Please add a new Vita bug , the isssue I reported in the ART thread for Monster Bash .

The table frame is low res fuzzy and charcoal grey , I feel this is a repeat issue of the low res. texture bug that was just fixed with ToM and ToTaN .

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.