Bugs, Glitches, and General Issues [PS VITA]

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Tales of the Arabian Nights​
  • During the Genie Battle additional balls cannot easily be launched when playing in the portrait orientation.

Ripley's Believe it or Not!​
  • The word "FOR" is written twice on the apron decal.

Black Hole​
  • Cutout in playfield for drop targets is missing. Targets simply clip into playfield.
  • Credits and ball in play displays on the apron are absent.
  • Re-Entry tube disappears when the ball is being played on the lower playfield.
  • Flippers can be activated during the attract sequence.

Theatre of Magic​
  • Artwork on the sides of the backbox is mirrored.

Bride of Pinbot​
  • Pinbot mini-playfield lacks transparency.
  • Artwork on the shuttle ramp is absent.
  • Sides of the shuttle ramp should be transparent.
  • Balls returned to the plunger lane during multiball cannot be plunged when playing in the portrait orientation.
  • Dual path ramp lacks transparency and blocks the view of the right inlane/outlane as well as the "Extra Ball" light above them.

Medieval Madness​
  • Jittery gameplay from what seems to be a slower framerate.
  • Flippers are spaced too far apart and do not line up with the holes on the playfield.
  • Model for Merlin's Magic kicker is missing.

Funhouse​
  • Ball will pass through Rudy's mouth and enter into the Hideout kicker.
  • Playfield graphics are segmented into an array of squares separated by black lines.

Criqus Voltaire​
  • Shadows cast by the flippers do not move when the flippers are activated.
  • Low resolution image on the backglass.
  • Main ramp lacks transparency.
  • The cannon ball on the backglass will sometimes fly out of the backglass.
  • Ball will leave the table through the right side; ball is almost always returned to the plunger lane.
  • Ball passes through the lower section of the main ramp.
  • Load Cannon lights cannot be seen when playing in camera angles 1 and 4.
  • Decals on neon ramp are missing.
  • Lightbulbs under the inlane/outlane guides are not rendered.
  • Wire ramp on the left side is missing all semi-circle rings.
  • Multiple balls may end up in the plunger lane during multiball modes with insufficient plunger strength to launch them back out.

Gorgar​
  • Horizontal line running across the middle of the playfield.

Monster Bash​
  • Low resolution texture on side rails.

Black Knight​
  • Playfield graphics are segmented into an array of squares separated by black lines.
  • Ball passes though the back side of the upper left flipper.

Creature From The Black Lagoon​
  • Jittery gameplay from what appears to be a slower framerate.
  • Large section of the ramp missing that is used to divert ball to whirlpool.

Taxi​
  • Ramps lack transparency.
  • Decal on Spin-Out lacks transparency.

Harley Davidson: Third Edition​

Elvira and the Party Monsters​

No-Good Gofers!​

Scared Stiff​
  • Very low resolution textures on the playfield and plastics.
  • Jittery gameplay from what appears to be a lower framerate.
  • Ball will clip deep into the flippers when being hit.

Big Shot​
  • Cutout for drop targets is missing causing the targets to drop into the solid playfield.

Twilight Zone​
  • Very low resolution graphics used on the playfield and plastics.

General Concerns​
  • Better implementation of portrait mode is possible.

New UI​
  • Check marks for goal completion cover the first word of the goal description.

Last edited:

malamiteltd

May 21, 2012
In Cirqus Voltaire. There's some sort of music that plays around the time the judges reveal the scores. I'm not sure whether it's supposed to play then or not (I don't recall it happening in the iPhone version), but it chimes in between the End-Ball Bonus's music stabs, which I'm *sure* isn't supposed to happen.

I really wish I could put it in better terms, but I'd like to think other folks who played this one know what I'm talking about.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Cirqus Voltaire: Backglass seems to be lower resolution and extremely pixelated compared to the other tables. Possibly accidental lower rez artwork?

Tales of the Arabian Nights: When played vertically genie mode will not let me have or launch more than 1 ball. When that ball drains you must call the attendant to continue playing.

Theater of magic: Music overlap can happen where the attract mode music plays simultaneously with the in-game music. You must exit the table completely to fix it.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Thanks for the input. Malamiteltd, I definitely hear what you are describing about a piece of music that keeps getting cut off by the end of ball stuff and agree that it sounds strange, but I watched some videos on Youtube of people playing the table and I am also hearing it there too, so at this time I think that is how it is intended to be. However, if anybody can present any other evidence to show that there is something wrong then I will add it to the list instantly.

malamiteltd

May 21, 2012
Thanks for the input. Malamiteltd, I definitely hear what you are describing about a piece of music that keeps getting cut off by the end of ball stuff and agree that it sounds strange, but I watched some videos on Youtube of people playing the table and I am also hearing it there too, so at this time I think that is how it is intended to be. However, if anybody can present any other evidence to show that there is something wrong then I will add it to the list instantly.

You know, after you made the response I looked for some of those YouTube videos, and you're right; the stabs do cut through a piece of music in the real thing too.

The difference I'm hearing though is that the music in the real machines quickly fades in after each end-of-bonus stab. In at least the Vita's PA, the music breaks back in at full volume immediately, with no fade-in at all. That might be what makes it sound strange, I guess.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
All tables: Occasionally after starting a game a table will still be stuck in the attract mode, flying-camera view. You can flip flippers, but cannot launch the ball. You need to exit the game to reset it.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Cirqus Voltaire: Draining ball 2 during a multiball mode can make the plunger not work for ball 3. Since you can't launch ball 3 into play you must call the attendant which usually results in the flippers not working (as if you tilted) and ball 3 draining as well, which ends the game.

Pretty game-breaking. I'm not sure exactly what causes it (multiple modes? A certain m-ball mode etc...), but it has happened to me probably 6 times in my past 10 games. It has happened to me both games I've played this morning. Infuriating!

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Thanks again. I too have seen that happen once although I have been focusing mostly on Funhouse right now. The length of this list is really starting to disappoint me now and I expect it to just keep getting longer.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Cirqus Voltaire: Draining ball 2 during a multiball mode can make the plunger not work for ball 3. Since you can't launch ball 3 into play you must call the attendant which usually results in the flippers not working (as if you tilted) and ball 3 draining as well, which ends the game.

Pretty game-breaking. I'm not sure exactly what causes it (multiple modes? A certain m-ball mode etc...), but it has happened to me probably 6 times in my past 10 games. It has happened to me both games I've played this morning. Infuriating!

Just to add to this I had a game earlier where it did this on every ball. It wouldn't change the camera to the plunger and wouldn't launch. I had to call the attendant each time, but each time it un-stuck the camera and then I could plunge the ball. It didn't rob me of a single one.

I'm not sure what is causing it, but I wasn't in multi-ball mode every time it did this.

targa

Apr 12, 2012
Date of Most Recent Patch: June 26th, 2012

- Improvements can be made to the implementation of portrait mode.

------------------

+1000 on this...

I also play psp PHOF games on my vita and imho portrait mode is way better , with buttons for flippers and stick for nudging. I think a mix between the two would be fine,with buttons for flippers and FRONT touchscreen to nudge.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Thanks for the input. I put a link to another topic next to it to better outline the problems people have with the current portrait mode.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Just had the most frustrating glitch so far. I was doing very well on CV which for me seems to be a rarity right now, and I was on Stage 2 where you have to alternate between the ringmaster and the ramp over and over. Due to the ramp glitch, the ball went right through and got lodged somewhere behind it. I let it sit for a bit to see if anything would happen but there was no action. I then tried the 'Call Attendant' feature, but that told me there was no stuck ball and cancelled it after 3 seconds. After letting the table sit for a just a bit longer to see if I could somehow save the game, but alas I was forced to exit from one of the few great games I have had on CV. Hopefully this is only a one time thing because this is the first time I have felt robbed by one of the bugs.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I've had that "no stuck ball attendant canceled" thing happen before. I also had to quit.

I've been playing with a different plunger cam and haven't been having the "ball won't plunge" issue today. That glitch may be camera related.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
Bride of Pinbot
- Pinbot mini-playfield is not transparent.
- Artwork on Shuttle Ramp is completely missing.
- Balls returned to the plunger lane during multiball cannot be plunged when playing in a portrait orientation.

Not only is the mini-playfield not transparent, but the two sided ramp you come down after being in the mini-playfield or after shooting the heart ramp is also not transparent and it should be as well.

I thought with the new downloadable pack would come with fixes but I can not see any fixes so far. Mind you, I mostly play THE BLACK HOLE and BRIDE OF PINBOT, and in the The Black Hole, everything that should not be closing the gate is still closing it and in Bride of PinBot, there is still the transparency issue.

Last edited:

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Added a few more items to Cirqus Voltaire. I have been mostly playing that table lately and it is very obvious that it was rushed out since so much stuff seems to have been overlooked. CV definitely needs to have a lot of work done to it especially to fix the bugs that have a direct impact on gameplay.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
This game is such a broken glitchy mess that I'm really starting to hate the TPA, the Vita version and Farsight in general.

Cirqus Voltaire: I just about had my best game ever! 25,000,000+ on my first ball, 2 extra balls from defeating the 3rd ringmaster and hitting 25 mil...

But when my 1st ball drained I couldn't plunge the next, so I call the attendant which lets me plunge the ball. However now the flippers are broken, they do not work at all as if it tilted so the ball drains.

Ball saved. Drains. Ball saved. Drains. Ball saved. Drains. Next ball. Ball saved. Drains. Ball saved. Drains. Ball saved. Drains. Next ball. Ball saved. Drains. Ball saved. Drains. Ball saved. Drains. Next ball.

That's right. All 4 remaining balls (2 extra, 2 and 3) plunge, but the flippers will not work. I'm just about done with this game and with Farsight as a developer.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Metalzoic, I fully understand where your screw this attitude is coming from. I just had another game of CV ruined by glitch. I am going for the "Activate Ringmaster Battle" wizard challenge and have just defeated the 3rd ringmaster for the Razz multiball however the ball doesn't get automatically plunged into play. A few seconds later I lose the ball on the playfield to an outlane and it get dispensed into the plunger lane resulting in it there being 2 balls in the lane. However the plunger doesn't have the strength to put either ball into play and calling the attendant does not do anything. This has been the 4th or 5th game of CV that I have had ruined by glitches. Hopefully I will migrate over the Xbox 360 version once the DLC is out since what we are getting on the PS Vita is complete trash.

Members online

Members online