Bugs, Glitches, and General Issues [PS VITA]

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Hello Forum Members,

Just wanted to stop in and show you all some of our progress with the Mega Patch.

Big Shot:
View attachment 112

Big Shot After:
View attachment 113

Cactus Canyon Before:
View attachment 110

Cactus Canyon After:
View attachment 111

The mega patch for Vita is pretty much the same as PS3, it was made to address several bug issues, increase performance, and add in new features. So just to update you all, were almost there and the patch is almost ready.

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
The mega patch for Vita is pretty much the same as PS3, it was made to address several bug issues, increase performance, and add in new features. So just to update you all, were almost there and the patch is almost ready.

Do any of those "new features" include a better implementation of portrait mode, perhaps?

Jan 6, 2013
Hello Forum Members,

Just wanted to stop in and show you all some of our progress with the Mega Patch.

Big Shot:
View attachment 112

Big Shot After:
View attachment 113

Cactus Canyon Before:
View attachment 110

Cactus Canyon After:
View attachment 111

I hope you fixed S.stiff Black night too and thanks for the update about when will it be ready?????

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
As much as I wanted Kratos3,

The controls were updated to my knowledge, which my supervisors should be bringing up an upcoming meeting(regarding all platforms). I have discussed several changes with our Vita programmer and we both are aiming to change it but it won't come with the mega patch. As soon as I get a clearer picture on when the controls will be changed, we will make an announcement. and Tales, I tried to post a before and after of Scared Stiff but it woudln't go through, the playfield texture resembles the IOS version so it's not washed out. The multiplayer bug was fixed so 4 players can be added instead of only 3. With that said, any bug that is global to other platforms that hasn't been fixed yet, more than likely will still be present and we are working to resolve them. From what I was told, the Mega patch will be out in early March. We will make an official announcement in our newsletter.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
As much as I wanted Kratos3,

The controls were updated to my knowledge, which my supervisors should be bringing up an upcoming meeting(regarding all platforms). I have discussed several changes with our Vita programmer and we both are aiming to change it but it won't come with the mega patch. As soon as I get a clearer picture on when the controls will be changed, we will make an announcement. and Tales, I tried to post a before and after of Scared Stiff but it woudln't go through, the playfield texture resembles the IOS version so it's not washed out. The multiplayer bug was fixed so 4 players can be added instead of only 3. With that said, any bug that is global to other platforms that hasn't been fixed yet, more than likely will still be present and we are working to resolve them. From what I was told, the Mega patch will be out in early March. We will make an official announcement in our newsletter.

That's disappointing about the controls, but understandable. You're doing what you can and I appreciate it! It's too bad the site won't allow you more before and after pics. The ones you've posted so far look great!

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
That's disappointing about the controls, but understandable. You're doing what you can and I appreciate it! It's too bad the site won't allow you more before and after pics. The ones you've posted so far look great!

Quick Update, Vita portrait controls are being worked on and should be in before we submit.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
I have a question. Why didn't you guys just do this right in the first place? Why wait more than a year to issue a giant patch when you could have simply done it right on initial release? Literally every single piece of DLC had either a major performance or graphics issue, not to mention the bugs (which I feel are not as big a deal). The standard of core tables has never been reached. It's hard to believe the DLC passed your quality control without you noticing all the in-your-face problems. The Vita tables feel like bad ports of the iOS and Android versions, with minimal effort put into them. If you needed more time, why not take more time? I'm sure most users would prefer the extra wait, rather than poor quality. I'm sorry for calling you out, but I had to take it off my chest. I hope the patch fixes the major problems on all tables.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I have a question. Why didn't you guys just do this right in the first place? Why wait more than a year to issue a giant patch when you could have simply done it right on initial release? Literally every single piece of DLC had either a major performance or graphics issue, not to mention the bugs (which I feel are not as big a deal). The standard of core tables has never been reached. It's hard to believe the DLC passed your quality control without you noticing all the in-your-face problems. The Vita tables feel like bad ports of the iOS and Android versions, with minimal effort put into them. If you needed more time, why not take more time? I'm sure most users would prefer the extra wait, rather than poor quality. I'm sorry for calling you out, but I had to take it off my chest. I hope the patch fixes the major problems on all tables.

You'll find few who disagree with this. It looks like this is the approach they're taking with season 3.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
You'll find few who disagree with this. It looks like this is the approach they're taking with season 3.

I hope so. I only own the season 1 tables, never played season 2. I've seen the screenshots and read the comments. If they fix everything, then I'll buy season 2 and onward. At this point, it's "I'll believe it when I see it".

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I hope so. I only own the season 1 tables, never played season 2. I've seen the screenshots and read the comments. If they fix everything, then I'll buy season 2 and onward. At this point, it's "I'll believe it when I see it".

I think a lot of the "issues" have been blown out of proportion. There is definitely room for improvement, though.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
black rose plays like crap: sluggish ball, flipper lag and minor ball stutters- overall game breaking. season 3-- here we go again -_-

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
That sucks, but not surprising. I'm glad I didn't get any of the Season 2, or 3. I'll stick with Season 1, it's fixed, all my favorites are there.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
I've never been bothered with the crappy textures though, but they've all been fixed now anyway.
Too bad you didn't get season 2. Lots of the later tables looked and played great.

Last edited:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
black rose plays like crap: sluggish ball, flipper lag and minor ball stutters- overall game breaking. season 3-- here we go again -_-

Ugh, that sucks.
How is season 2 in general? I know they patched several tables, and everyone talks about how absolutely terrible T2 looks, but how are the others?

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
Ugh, that sucks.
How is season 2 in general? I know they patched several tables, and everyone talks about how absolutely terrible T2 looks, but how are the others?

they are all pretty solid. except Victory. victory is Bad. i might get small ball stutters on CBwiz, nothing crazy tho. id say its worth the seaon pass, imo.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
I've never been bothered with the crappy textures though, but they've all been fixed now anyway.
Too bad you didn't get season 2. Lots of the later tables looked and played great.

yeah, i dont wanna say i dont care about textures bc eldorado* looks like poo and washed out, and its not fair if it looks better on other devices. but its definantly the last thing i care about.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.