Nu Skool Breaks

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Extork! What's up my breakbeat broski! Not gonna believe this I found it!

Looks like it was on Tayo's album Beatz and Bobs 3. I tried searching it under Uncouth Youth no luck, then I saw some sites credit the song as made by Mutant Yoof Project. Nice track think I might order the vinyl.

That was just too funny, as soon as I found it, you had found it too. That would be great on vynil.

Turns out, I've got another project for you. I am familiar with both dj mutiny and some of mecha.... But I'm looking right now and can't find 'sons of mecha - v for vendetta'. This one I do have on vynil, just wanted to show it, maybe it's spelled sunz of mecha. Either way, that's another one you have to hear.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
[MENTION=4407]Snorzel[/MENTION] you are more of a a funky breaks/Florida breaks guy right? Please tell me you've heard this...

You could easily skip to 4:30 for the good part... 4:30 of buildup is just something you don't see nowadays.

*dont mean to get too obsessed about this stuff, but that's kinda what I do. It's in my nature to be a dj. About a decade ago (wow), I used to be a radio dj. It was only a college radio station, but hey. Also it was on Sunday nights. Still remember the first track I played, 'filter - take a picture (hybrid remix). Also I did halloween shows, but it would always be some form of breakbeat. It's been as mainstream as Fatboy Slim, or as off the wall as Plaid. I've heard all of the ones you've posted already, used to really be into that plump djs remix of orbital. My favorite by them is their remix of smartbomb. Also check out dj x -sorry ass dj.

One of these days I'll put together a list of everything I have on vynil. In order from best to worst. I've already posted my favorite 'hands down' that cut n run remix of prodigy no good. The other side is really good too. Horny disco balls. Lol. Anyways...

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Just gave myself an idea... Since Halloween is getting closer and closer, I'll post some spooky breakbeat tracks. Possibly every week. I'll start it out with... (Keeping in mind I'm using the term 'breakbeat' very loosely

1. Plaid - tak 2. ...could've also used plaid - light rain, but tak 2 just screams Halloween to me

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
@<a href="http://digitalpinballfans.com/member.php?u=4407" target="_blank">Snorzel</a> you are more of a a funky breaks/Florida breaks guy right? Please tell me you've heard this...

You could easily skip to 4:30 for the good part... 4:30 of buildup is just something you don't see nowadays.

*dont mean to get too obsessed about this stuff, but that's kinda what I do. It's in my nature to be a dj. About a decade ago (wow), I used to be a radio dj. It was only a college radio station, but hey. Also it was on Sunday nights. Still remember the first track I played, 'filter - take a picture (hybrid remix). Also I did halloween shows, but it would always be some form of breakbeat. It's been as mainstream as Fatboy Slim, or as off the wall as Plaid. I've heard all of the ones you've posted already, used to really be into that plump djs remix of orbital. My favorite by them is their remix of smartbomb. Also check out dj x -sorry ass dj.

One of these days I'll put together a list of everything I have on vynil. In order from best to worst. I've already posted my favorite 'hands down' that cut n run remix of prodigy no good. The other side is really good too. Horny disco balls. Lol. Anyways...

I really like a lot of different electronic music not just breaks. I'm liking the tracks you post a lot. Some time soon I will try to post the breaks I have on vinyl. This thread has got me back into electronic music in general to be honest. I have been letting some mixes ride durring my pinball sessions. I was thinking of making a thread for all electronic music it's awesome to see what people like and learn of new tracks.
Never found that Uberzone digital mix but I found 4 other mixes by Uberzone.
https://m.soundcloud.com/chansentx/berzone-groovetech-set
https://m.soundcloud.com/uberzone/uberzone-march-promo-mix
https://m.soundcloud.com/uberzone/uberzone-july-promo-mix

Keep posting the good stuff Extork!

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
speaking of famous "breakbeats" - can anyone tell me the origin of this obviously very famous and over-used snaredrum sample?? just curious, something that's bugged me all these years... be forewarned though, the asterisks are there for a reason! ;0

(anyone into hu-eavy heavy metal/industrial who hasn't heard of H&G till now, i suggest searchin' up the youtubies and enjoying some of their albums... hard, crunchy shiz! just for fun; not for fascism! ;0)

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
speaking of famous "breakbeats" - can anyone tell me the origin of this obviously very famous and over-used snaredrum sample?? just curious, something that's bugged me all these years... be forewarned though, the asterisks are there for a reason!

(anyone into hu-eavy heavy metal/industrial who hasn't heard of H&G till now, i suggest searchin' up the youtubies and enjoying some of their albums... hard, crunchy shiz! just for fun; not for fascism! ;0)

I believe that's the 'amen' break. An I'm sure that it's the most used drum loop of all times. But I never get sick of it. Check out this one... Fun with the amen break.

Never heard of that style you suggested. Glad you guys don't call it techno. Arg! There is actually a genre called techno, and it's not trance either. It's very minimal. Maybe I am just a genre wh***. Anyways check this out. There's another one that uses the amen really well, but I can't remember the title of it. Maybe I'll be able to find it for you though.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
[MENTION=4407]Snorzel[/MENTION] nice find with that dj Omar Santana cd. Brings back memories. He's still making stuff. But he's in a group called 'the speaker tweakerz'. Some of it is pretty good. Well I've got another suggestion for ya. You mentioned listening to mixes while playing TPA. You should go to hybridized.org, click on Hybrid, and there's enough mixes there to keep you busy for the rest of your life. 2001 would be a good place to start. Probably any mix that starts with KISS Fm. They have the tracklistings. Heck, that's how I found out about a lot of good artists is from their playlists.

I really don't mind posting whatever breaks tracks pop into my head, so there'll be plenty more to come. A broader thread would be cool. I dig other stuff too like DnB, jungle, experimental, some house, dubstep even. But breaks is where it's at for me. I'll try to think of another good one for you, but even if I dont, those hybrid mixes should last you :)

Extork

Mar 14, 2013

Nothin but love in the comments too. All his stuff is good. I'd suggest Rebreath. The b side, ? That would be a nice one to own. I think he's all the way from Japan. Not sure if he still makes music, but he's another one who's music can stand the test of time. Speaking of far away, there's a Buldapest(ian?) label... 'Chi recordings' that I used to be into also. It's mostly Dub though. Not Dubsteb, but Dub. Nothing to do with dubstep, but lemme see if I can find my fav from that label, and then I'll call it a day lol

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
So glad this has been uploaded to YouTube. It's amazing it hasn't been forgotten about like so many others.

Alright, that should do it for now. Lemme know what you think

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
speaking of famous "breakbeats" - can anyone tell me the origin of this obviously very famous and over-used snaredrum sample?? just curious, something that's bugged me all these years... be forewarned though, the asterisks are there for a reason! ;0

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Oh man, people that love pinball are great, but people who like d&b, breakbeats and pinball are just plain awesome.
I'm one of them
Great stuff you posted. Brings back the old days.
For me it all started with KFC
http://youtu.be/VbnO-DHdpbA

God, that part at 3:39 still makes me freak out :)

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Well, due to the positive feedback I've been getting, here's another. It's a real stinker. Hope I'm not posting too many, or too often. My only concern with that is that this thread will show up in the what's new? section. And might get annoying. I say that cause I could post a ton more. That might be kind of an overload. Well not to mention, some of these are 7 minutes long. So I don't expect anyone to sit through the whole thing. On the other hand, I've been trying to pick out the ones with a little bit more thought put into the second half of the track. Gotta admit, it kinda bugs me when I can tell the second part has just been copied and pasted. IMO, it should keep building and building. But there are still some I like that haven't changed a whole lot in the second half of the track. Well here's vent - turn the page. Maybe next I'll post one of them that doesn't change a whole lot through the track, but still works

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Well here's a couple that I couldn't find on YouTube. Massive attack - protection (future funk squad bootleg mix). Heard him play it on a radio show guest appearance. So maybe he's still holding onto it and not releasing it to the world. The other was Stormtrooperz - coming back (d-ranged remix). Would've loved to have you guys hear that one! Come to think of it, I can't find anything by Stormtrooperz on YouTube, or D-ranged. It's a shame because those are a couple of my favorites. Espescially Stormtrooperz - Creepy, and D-Ranged - killer spiders. Help me out Snorzel! Lol. Hey, by the way, nice score on TPZ for the tournament. Sometime afterwards you'll have to tell me how the heck you did that. But I'm gonna guess way out of control awards. The 1mil pop bumpers is what boosted my score, but I'm unsure about any awards after that. Maybe there's a 1bil award, jk. Guess I could read the rules, but who actually does that?

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Here I go again. This is too perfect to not post. Once again, it was in a mix. But I didn't realize there was an amazing video to go along with it. It's way more upbeat than anything else by Anthony Rother. It just seems like a silly video, but this would fit into a breaks mix no problem

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts