Ant-Man Pinball

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
AntMan_key_art_300dpA.jpg

Prepare for an adventure of enormously tiny proportions! Our latest pinball collaboration with Marvel will showcase their upcoming film, Marvel’s Ant-Man, only in theaters July 17th! Assume the role of Scott Lang, master thief turned Super Hero, as he fights to save the world on a microscopic level. The Marvel’s Ant-Man table will be available on PSN, Steam, Mac, Xbox One, Xbox 360, iOS, Amazon and Android the week of July 14th! PSN players, remember to purchase on PS3 or PS Vita and import to PS4 to play on all three systems. Xbox players, remember to purchase on Xbox 360 first, then import to Xbox One to enjoy on both systems.

On the Marvel’s Ant-Man table, players will experience the breathtaking action of the upcoming Marvel Studios film as they’ll engage in heated combat with Yellowjacket in a multiball fight, duke it out as shrunken Ant-Man, help Hope Van Dyne train Scott Lang, and have an active role in side stories featuring Ant-Man and his friends. Heroes don’t get any bigger!

We’re doing things with the Marvel’s Ant-Man table that will be completely new to both our game and the pinball genre as a whole, including shrinking pinballs and crazy new mini-games that will undoubtedly excite our biggest (and smallest) fans. We can’t wait to give all of our players a shot at this table!

Working with Marvel to bring their properties to our pinball universe has been fantastic over the years, but we’re extremely excited to have teamed up with them on not just one of their films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe releasing this year, but BOTH of them, with Marvel’s Ant-Man joining our recently released Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron table on our Marvel roster! See you on the leaderboards!

AntMan_screenshot_02_logo.jpg

AntMan_screenshot_05_logo.jpg

http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=5298

Last edited:

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
I'd like to add that Zoltan Vari designed this table. He's the biggest example of a mixed bag in Zen Pinball 2: while he designed my least favorite table in the game, V12, he also created the Han Solo and Venom tables, which are at the top of my personal favorites list. We'll just have to see how this table turns out.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Before I even read the press release I thought, hope they shrink the pinball at some point. And then waddya know, it says as much in the press release. Some things are just too obvious to not do.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
So judging from the live gameplay I saw tonight, I made these observations:

- Layout is pretty much a mirrored Theatre of Magic with the Pym cage replacing the trunk.
- Multiball is really cool - shoot Pym for a Jackpot, and the ball will shrink; then shoot the shrunken ball to the Pym cage for a really unbalanced Super Jackpot (23 million?)
- Some modes appear to be able to be stacked. Saw someone do a Mischief Hurry-Up - Police Chase - Multiball stack.
- There's apparently a mini-playfield but I never saw anyone enter it during the Livestreams.
- Sound design is really cool! Reminds me of late 80s / early 90s machines, it's up there with Han Solo and Venom for the best music in a machine. Also, you've gotta love the old-school bells and chimes you hear during Super Jets. :)

-

skyway73

Feb 16, 2015
Yeh looks like modes stack, should be fun. I've seen the ball go down to the underneath playfield but by the time the player has realised what's happening it has drained back to the main playfield! Looks interesting though.

Hmm I'm a bit worried about the PYM multiball jackpots too, some huge points there. Let's just hope we won't just end up spamming it...

And the old school sound effects get a big thumbs up from me too!

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Saw the IGC stream of the table yesterday and have some more investigations:

- Yellowjacket Multiball is ridiculously unbalanced. Three words. 56m Super Jackpot. It's all because completing the "X" lanes on the table during this multiball adds 10x to the Jackpot multiplier... I'm betting competitive players will use this strategy all day.
- Can't believe I forgot to mention the Sparring mode! Imagine Black Rose's cannon shots if you could make them repeatedly. That's this mode, and it's really fun. It also helps test your aim on the main playfield, so be sure to activate this.
- Mini-Playfield is neat but not worth it. You control the ball with slingshots and have to make the ball hit as many targets as possible. However, you typically get minimal points from this, so try not to activate it on purpose.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Played this last night. Just a single game. Didn't get multiball or anything but had a lot of fun. Definitely a table I enjoyed on first play more than just about any other I can remember.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Yes I'm enjoying it too- feature rich but a lot simpler layout - not as busy as some of the other zen tables. Feels more like a traditional pin.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
I love this table, but I just don't know why the designer felt the need to add such an overly complicated ball save on the left drain. Why not just add magna save on both sides?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.