HOF-leaderboard not updating

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Is it just me or is the HOF-leaderboard not updating at all. My HOF-score hasn't been updated for some 3-4 days now, and it seems like none around my place is getting updated either.

Is there a bug going on or is it just my score that is not getting updated?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Is it just me or is the HOF-leaderboard not updating at all. My HOF-score hasn't been updated for some 3-4 days now, and it seems like none around my place is getting updated either.

Is there a bug going on or is it just my score that is not getting updated?

Were looking into it.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I think they released a button you could push to reset your HOF points based on your leaderboard scores. Did you try that?

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
FlippyFloppy: Great!

pinballchris: Yes, I did some 2-3 weeks ago after I had erased the app. Is it related to that?

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I was curious about that button too, I was also afraid to push it :) So this button "restore HOF points" will recalculate your HOF points, based on the scores that got posted to the TPA leaderboards? Why is that necessary and therefore an interesting option? Isn't there an automatic connection between updating scores and updating HOF points? I never encountered a situation in which I got a better score posted to the leaderboards, without also the point increase for my HOF points. Sometimes there is a time difference in which the score for a table posts earlier than the HOF points, or in this case one of them is down. But this always auto-corrected when the boards got up again. Or does it other things too? How is it different from a remote restore?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I was curious about that button too, I was also afraid to push it :) So this button "restore HOF points" will recalculate your HOF points, based on the scores that got posted to the TPA leaderboards? Why is that necessary and therefore an interesting option? Isn't there an automatic connection between updating scores and updating HOF points? I never encountered a situation in which I got a better score posted to the leaderboards, without also the point increase for my HOF points. Sometimes there is a time difference in which the score for a table posts earlier than the HOF points, or in this case one of them is down. But this always auto-corrected when the boards got up again. Or does it other things too? How is it different from a remote restore?

This button fixes the HOF rollover bug. So for tables where you can't get 1000 HOF points directly after playing a game, it will re-calculated based on the scores posted to the leaderboard, and will correctly assign HOF points.

The only danger is if you have higher scores locally than on the leaderboards (scores didn't upload for whatever reason), in which case you will lose points since this button only take the leaderboard scores into account.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Wow, this I missed! And this fixes supposedly all affected tables mentioned in this post: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...y-on-multiple-tables/page2?highlight=Rollover
I don't remember ever getting HOF points without also having the table score post on the leaderboard. Didn't know these were separate. I think in the case nothing posted at all, it was because of a wonky WIFI.

When I get home, I'll immediately try this! Now I know why [MENTION=4188]Gus[/MENTION] flew by my in an instant on the HOF leaderboards, he pushed the button! :) He is also very good at pinball :)

Last edited:

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
The Restore HOF button seems to be down right now. We had a few leaderboard fixes recently that may have caused it.
Our programmer is aware and we hope to have a fix soon.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Sorry to hear you missed the train with the restore HOF button Slam. You have to pay attention to threads like the one you linked ;) I'm sure Rschwantner and the team will fix it again though, they're on a roll :) That button makes playing for HOF points a lot more fun.

[MENTION=4640]RSchwantner[/MENTION] I'd be interested in hearing how Farsight decides what the score limit for 1k HOF is going to be when releasing a new table. On many tables the limit feels just right, but there are a few where it's way too easy or borderline impossible. I don't really mind that, but it would be cool to hear how the limit is set.

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
Sorry to hear you missed the train with the restore HOF button Slam. You have to pay attention to threads like the one you linked ;) I'm sure Rschwantner and the team will fix it again though, they're on a roll :) That button makes playing for HOF points a lot more fun.

[MENTION=4640]RSchwantner[/MENTION] I'd be interested in hearing how Farsight decides what the score limit for 1k HOF is going to be when releasing a new table. On many tables the limit feels just right, but there are a few where it's way too easy or borderline impossible. I don't really mind that, but it would be cool to hear how the limit is set.

The HOF points value is related to the default High Scores that are put in. Just based on how the table scores for us.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
The HOF points value is related to the default High Scores that are put in. Just based on how the table scores for us.

So, how are the default high scores set then? :)

I think they, including HOF, are usually very well balanced. Are they set on an average of what people get in the test runs?

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION]: I think they have been quite consistent but what happened with Cactus Canyon? Was there a mixup/bug with the HOF-points and high scores for CC?

El Dorado's high score is also a bit off but it is pretty much only the highest high score.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION]: I think they have been quite consistent but what happened with Cactus Canyon? Was there a mixup/bug with the HOF-points and high scores for CC?

El Dorado's high score is also a bit off but it is pretty much only the highest high score.

Cactus Canyon was way before my time and El Dorado was one of the first tables I worked on but I didn't start working on scores until season 3.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Hi Pinballchris, I sure hope you did a remote backup before pushing the HOF button? I'm also eagerly awaiting a fix to level the playfield again with my fellow iOS players who did benefit from a functioning button :)

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Cactus Canyon was way before my time and El Dorado was one of the first tables I worked on but I didn't start working on scores until season 3.

I heard that CC was a mistake, the HOF score is definitely off by a factor 10, skewed to the hard side. Junkyard was initially set too low, so Farsight fixed that retroactively. Something like that also happened to Victory, although I'm not sure what happened there in detail (I just took my 943 HOF points and ran :) ) Otheriwse I think it was a learning curve for Farsight how to set them, and I must say that in this last season, they just feel right on most tables. Season 1 they are on average too easy, Season 2 and 3 are definitely on the hard side sometimes. I think what makes it difficult to set them just right aside from judging how well the table can be played on average (and I surmise there are some pretty good pinball players at the Farsight officies), is the fact that on some tables scoring is linear, and on others progressive. Red & Ted is a good example of progressive scoring: the bonus can easily go up towards 5B on a somewhat longer game, and just keeps growing because of accumulation of cities, souvenirs and blasts. STTNG is the same with the ever increasing Borg Jackpots. A table like Xenon or Cyclone on the other hand is fairly linear. These are probably also easier to set.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Hi Pinballchris, I sure hope you did a remote backup before pushing the HOF button? I'm also eagerly awaiting a fix to level the playfield again with my fellow iOS players who did benefit from a functioning button :)

It will have to get fixed for the next table release.

I heard that CC was a mistake, the HOF score is definitely off by a factor 10, skewed to the hard side. Junkyard was initially set too low, so Farsight fixed that retroactively. Something like that also happened to Victory, although I'm not sure what happened there in detail (I just took my 943 HOF points and ran :) ) Otheriwse I think it was a learning curve for Farsight how to set them, and I must say that in this last season, they just feel right on most tables. Season 1 they are on average too easy, Season 2 and 3 are definitely on the hard side sometimes. I think what makes it difficult to set them just right aside from judging how well the table can be played on average (and I surmise there are some pretty good pinball players at the Farsight officies), is the fact that on some tables scoring is linear, and on others progressive. Red & Ted is a good example of progressive scoring: the bonus can easily go up towards 5B on a somewhat longer game, and just keeps growing because of accumulation of cities, souvenirs and blasts. STTNG is the same with the ever increasing Borg Jackpots. A table like Xenon or Cyclone on the other hand is fairly linear. These are probably also easier to set.

Exactly

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
A table like Xenon or Cyclone on the other hand is fairly linear. These are probably also easier to set.
Cyclone does indeed feel like a perfectly set challenge for 1k. Xenon I think should have a higher limit, about double what it has now.

Season 1 seems mostly very well done in regards to what score you need for 1k HOF.
Season 2 is indeed the craziest. There are tables with linear scoring where the HOF limit seems way off too. Look at Pin*Bot which is by far the easiest table of all to get 1k HOF on, and compare with ElDor which is super hard, probably the hardest of all. Both have very linear scoring. Quite a few more (DrDude, FP, CC, CP, SS, WW, HH, 1812) seems very hard, but I don't mind that there's a bunch of those. It would be boring if we can get the max score on all tables.
Season 3 is OK. W?D is very easy, JY and HRC seems very hard.
Season 4 is OK as well. TPZ, ES and SST seem hard to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts