Trillion Rollover Bug

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Bad news for the top players. Road Show doesn´t count 1 trillion points. My last game with more than 30B bonus during the last balls is displayed as 649B, must be 1,649T. approximate 20 hours for nothing... :mad:

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
20 hours for a pinball game...............does TPA exist in some RPG form that I'm not aware of?

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Bad news for the top player you mean ;) You're in a league of your own Tarek, well played!!

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Crazy + awesome.
Can the real machine handle this? Are Roms even designed for that.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Bad news for the top player you mean ;) You're in a league of your own Tarek, well played!!

I´m sure a few more players can Play Road Show infinite.
The hard task is that you have to count the score by yourself, the game never displays the full points...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Somehow I don't think Williams every QA'd the game for that, and I'm positive FarSight didn't! When can we expect the 'King of Kong' documentary sequel about pinball? And would that make you the Billy Mitchell guy since you are having the top scores?

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
But we have a lot of examples in which TPA detects the rollover adequately on tables that have ROM-based score limits. So it should be possible also in this case I think.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
It's possible only if Farsight anticipated and implemented it. They didn't for some tables, like AFM and it would seem Road Show, where they never expected someone would roll past what the ROM can handle. It's not a trivial amount of work to figure out how within each ROM to monitor for rollovers.

Nate

Jan 20, 2015
good game tarek, im sorry to hear about that, it seems that since they have prepared for it on other games tha with no doubt would be rolled over such as f-14 just last youmonth and cyclone and a few others that i can think of that they would have some standard in their code to make sure that if the rom cant handle it that its still properly recorded and just add that code to the template they use when creating a table, doesnt seem to me that it would be all that daunting of a task....tarek dont let it get you down those of us who are into this game enough to pay attention to top scores know your skills have no limits and that you have the ability to play many of these tables until the end of time itself, do you mind if i ask if that is 20 hours in one session or do you break for work/school/sleep?? Whats the longest game youve had on a TPA table? And do you play IRL? Sorry for asking so many questions I am just very curious how you can do what you do, in a league of your own indeed.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
good game tarek, im sorry to hear about that, it seems that since they have prepared for it on other games tha with no doubt would be rolled over such as f-14 just last youmonth and cyclone and a few others that i can think of that they would have some standard in their code to make sure that if the rom cant handle it that its still properly recorded and just add that code to the template they use when creating a table, doesnt seem to me that it would be all that daunting of a task....tarek dont let it get you down those of us who are into this game enough to pay attention to top scores know your skills have no limits and that you have the ability to play many of these tables until the end of time itself, do you mind if i ask if that is 20 hours in one session or do you break for work/school/sleep?? Whats the longest game youve had on a TPA table? And do you play IRL? Sorry for asking so many questions I am just very curious how you can do what you do, in a league of your own indeed.

I hope that the rollover problems doesn't exist in the latest tables, not sure about this. F-14 can handle 100M in TPA. I haven't tried 1B and for sure I will never go for a F-14 trillion game, approximate 20000 hours of gameplay. :p

I always break my pinball sessions after a few hours for short time and over night for sleep. My longest TPA game was Medieval Madness with 3 days, followed by a lot of 2-1 day games: Twilight Zone, Terminator 2, Addams Family, White Water, Funhouse, Road Show, High Speed, No Good Gofers, Ripleys, Black Knight 2000, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Cue Ball Wizard...

Most of the time I split a game > 10 hours in two days, sometimes not.

I prefer short time tables with limited EBs. Some of the long time tables are fun to play but becomes boring after 6 or more hours. I believe most of the top players are able to produce equal scores in some of the infinite tables like Funhouse, it's more a question of time than a question of skill. On the other side some of my scores are excellent and hard to beat, for example Ripleys, Jackbot, Champion Pub...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.