PS3 tournament

big_kick

Jun 10, 2013
I selected Tournament mode just now, but PS3 said "There are currently no active tournaments. Please check again soon".

Ernie1977

Feb 23, 2015
Im still getting the same thing as you big kick. Its 320pm. If playstation network is working then why are there no tournaments? Are they gonna start the tournament over?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
A few PSN tournaments ago, the tourney started two days later than the announced date, and ended two days... earlier. ^^ (it lasted only 5 days)

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
i only noticed this time round during tourney that the timer would pause during certain 'dead spots' on different tables - think i saw it pause during lengthy multi-ball loads/mode starts, and other mode introductions ('specially with dmd-era stuff, probably only - i didn't keep a complete list... ;0) how long has the tourney been able to do that?? :) it's kinda cool, considering a number of different and sometimes lengthy/elaborate DMDs... :)

i can't always see the playtime left off the bat, cuz i'm still working with at home an old-school CRT tv plugged to a ps3; means the frame is just too wide and tall to properly display the tourney play 'time left'...

FS, could this be possibly fixed, or adjusted with a screendims prefs in the game - 'set width dims', 'set height dims' - like so many other games have? it does seem at first to start 'very' lower-left, then kind of move upper-right closer to center as time counts down... is that intended? (that does kind of seem to make some kind of graphical sense, but is confusing when on a CRT disp it still gets so chopped off to begin with...) when i play up a tourney table, it looks like, starting off, there's no timer present - it only slowly partially appears onscreen first as just the upperright bits of the numbers after around 12 minutes? then more so after 10 minutes, but still not onscreen enough for me to see the entire 'time left' counter... even at 'most centered/onscreen' position, it could be '02:53' left, or '12:53' left, if i haven't been watching my real-time too along with it... bit confusing!

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
i can't always see the playtime left off the bat, cuz i'm still working with at home an old-school CRT tv plugged to a ps3; means the frame is just too wide and tall to properly display the tourney play 'time left'...

I also play on a CRT, with an HDMI port (yeah, it existed, the last CRT generation before it disappeared totally). Actually, TPA is the game which made me sneak into the "service menu" (an hidden factory setting, accessible only via a combination of keys on the remote control). In this menu, you can set the screen "overscan" (vertical amplitude and horizontal amplitude) and geometry (example here).

In TPA, the timer was also cut off, as the upper part of the DMD. After tweaking these settings (a little hard, as you have to keep a good geometry and not mess up everything), I have now a full and flat image (and a lot better colors and contrast than mostly of the LCD that I tested).

Note your CRT model, and search if it's easy to access its service menu.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
I also play on a CRT, with an HDMI port (yeah, it existed, the last CRT generation before it disappeared totally). Actually, TPA is the game which made me sneak into the "service menu" (an hidden factory setting, accessible only via a combination of keys on the remote control). In this menu, you can set the screen "overscan" (vertical amplitude and horizontal amplitude) and geometry (example here).

In TPA, the timer was also cut off, as the upper part of the DMD. After tweaking these settings (a little hard, as you have to keep a good geometry and not mess up everything), I have now a full and flat image (and a lot better colors and contrast than mostly of the LCD that I tested).

Note your CRT model, and search if it's easy to access its service menu.

cool! i'll try to find something in the tv's control menu; maybe i've never come across the setting before.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.