How many eb's can you stack?

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
It's very possible. Stacking up to 10 ebs is easy. It gets old real quick though. Horrible call-outs on this table.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
How do you guys stack 10 EBs? The only repeatable one is the Horseshoe EB round, right? And to get more than one on a ball, you have to get through the 9-ball round without draining. I can't manage that consistently, can you guys?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
yeah. that's why it's worth it to use the cheat method to get through it. as i have explained, if the eight ball is lit when you enter nine ball, you can skip 1 through 7. the 9 shot times out if you don't hit it, which reactivates the wagon wheel.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
There is also the bank shot which occasionally awards an eb. I skipped most of the rounds, but always played the Double round - double ebs, 1B shot etc is very worthwhile (makes it more fun too :)). Even when you miss out on the 9-ball round and drain, you can probably clear all rounds on every ball and get the Horseshoe eb so you at least stay on the "same" ball forever. Additional ebs on the same ball will happen frequently when you get into the rhythm.

Skipping the 1-7 balls like Zaphod suggests is good too, but then you mostly won't play the multiball before the 9-ball as it's easy to hit the 8-ball prematurely. Even without using that strategy it's very possible to clear the 9-ball round and get another Horseshoe round.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I revisited CBW last night to try Zaphod's trick. It seems nice, and I got the 500M 2 or 3 times, but got only 2.9B, just behind my high score of 3.0B. Anyway, I'm just blabbing, I have a couple of questions.

Are we sure that hitting the 8-ball shot during Pool Ball Mania locks out the trick? Because I played normally in PBM, did sort of good I guess, no quick drains, and the trick was still available during 9-ball.

It seems like the last time you can complete the drops and have the trick work is before starting PBM. In particular, you can't do it after PBM ends and right before starting 9-ball. Right?

For you guys who get Double... how many letters do you get during a round? It doesn't seem like there's enough time to get much more than one. (I have not learned the left saucer and so don't get even one letter, but thinking ahead.) Do you guys play five games of drains to get five letters before a game when you're trying for a high score? Or maybe hire a nephew or neighbor to do that for you? :*)

I tried to learn post-passing during SYT's tourney, and decided that using the horseshoe shot to transfer was much more effective for me. Anyone else do this? Or is it advised to work more on the post pass?

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Are we sure that hitting the 8-ball shot during Pool Ball Mania locks out the trick? Because I played normally in PBM, did sort of good I guess, no quick drains, and the trick was still available during 9-ball.
Yes, 100% sure.
It seems like the last time you can complete the drops and have the trick work is before starting PBM. In particular, you can't do it after PBM ends and right before starting 9-ball. Right?
Right.
For you guys who get Double... how many letters do you get during a round? It doesn't seem like there's enough time to get much more than one. (I have not learned the left saucer and so don't get even one letter, but thinking ahead.) Do you guys play five games of drains to get five letters before a game when you're trying for a high score? Or maybe hire a nephew or neighbor to do that for you? :*)
1 or 2 letters. 3 on a perfect round. Zeroes happens too but rarely. I think I'd start and drain 5 games to start off with DOUBL. Makes sense.
I tried to learn post-passing during SYT's tourney, and decided that using the horseshoe shot to transfer was much more effective for me. Anyone else do this? Or is it advised to work more on the post pass?
Post pass was reliable for me.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013

For shooting the left saucer when double round starts, I immediately pass from left to right flipper by up nudging then shoot the saucer from right flipper on the fly. Pretty reliable. Then ramps. A couple letters is good.

I post pass, horseshoe pass or sometimes alley pass, depends on situation and what I'm feeling confident doing at the moment.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I find the Horseshoe is the easiest and most reliable pass. Those flipper angles are crazy, meaning a lot of standard techniques need adjustments.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
You CAN make 3 or even 4 double letters in one go if you are good at shooting the ramp on the fly. and combining multiball with rowdy ramp can be pretty impressive if you got that shot down.

Members online

Members online