Safecracker Tokens?

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
So the tokens really did roll out of that slot in the backglass, the way TPA version depicts? I wasn't sure if that slot was just art.

Assuming you got to token multiball, does that mean you were trying to play multiball while tokens were rolling down the table? eek.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Yup, they have a safecracker in the pinball place I go sometimes. Didn't play it yet, but a woman played it besides me and almost got a heart attack when the token rolled out.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I'm up to 20 tokens...

L0s6iLe.jpg

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Played about 10 games without getting a token, then got 2 in one game.
Nice how you can view your collection and get duplicates too.

e782e1a8545895c5ca24c43bcba5506c.jpg

Lucky! :cool:

I played one game and earned one token on the top board. I played the board game twice, once on the first ball and once on the third. On my second trip to the upper board game, I was awarded a token. :cool:

Then I redeemed my token and got 3 million and some change in the bonus mode. . I played early Friday night (last week) and miraculously got double digits on the leaderboard. I'm probably low on the totem poll by now that more people have played this, especially once the iOS crowd snatches it.

It seems a bit unfair however the leaderboards don't have separate leaderboards for each mode. A skilled player could probably survive much longer in the normal mode but a novice player would likely get more points before draining by spending a token on the bonus mode.

Last edited:

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Sparkles!

$(KGrHqNHJDkFBjY4PYeJBQo-MsS2Wg~~60_57.JPG

image-19.jpg

I'm curious to find out the cause of the discrepancy between this number of 20 tokens, versus the number of 26 in the TPA version... EDIT: looks like the TPA version has six more silver tokens, all versions of the brass ones.

Sweet! So these were actually real tokens dispensed by the Pinball machine, which patrons could collect or insert into the machine for the "Assault on the Vault" mode. I wonder how much a full set of these tokens are worth today? I imagine gamers would at least occasionally collect them rather than return them to the machine. People would likely lose them over time not thinking they were worth much. So I could imagine a machine that's been in service for years would likely have lost quite a few tokens over time.

How many tokens did Safecracker machines come with initially?

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
the idea that something like MAME or funding it to be available on droid and iOS and everything other platform possible is kinda criminal... ;0 i remember wanting to order one of those korean import "gameboys" that ran OS linux + MAME... ;) that would be so awesome to have around!!

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I earned another token tonight. And yes, there's a separate leaderboard for Assault on the Vault, but it appears to be hidden except when you've just spent a token...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.