Safecracker Tokens?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Unforunately, I lost interest in the table long before completing the collection.

I am at 24/26. The only reason I play this anymore is to get the last 2. GN, HRC, BSD, PoTO, SST, F14, MSF, R911, LAH, and TX are all officially off the hook. SC has the single worst wizard goal in TPA. Judging by these boards, many of us have played this hundreds of times and are still missing a few unique tokens. We've already proven we have the skills needed to earn tokens, but due to the random aspect of how tokens are awarded, we have to work that much harder just to meet this one wizard goal-when all the rest probably just took a few play-throughs.

Repeat-this is the single worst wizard goal in TPA. The 3M goal in Genie had nothing on this one.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
I am at 24/26. The only reason I play this anymore is to get the last 2. GN, HRC, BSD, PoTO, SST, F14, MSF, R911, LAH, and TX are all officially off the hook. SC has the single worst wizard goal in TPA. Judging by these boards, many of us have played this hundreds of times and are still missing a few unique tokens. We've already proven we have the skills needed to earn tokens, but due to the random aspect of how tokens are awarded, we have to work that much harder just to meet this one wizard goal-when all the rest probably just took a few play-throughs.

Repeat-this is the single worst wizard goal in TPA. The 3M goal in Genie had nothing on this one.
You can always just let it go.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013

You can always just let it go.
Yeah dude really. People get obsessed with stupid "goals" and forget how to simply enjoy a game.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Yeah dude really. People get obsessed with stupid "goals" and forget how to simply enjoy a game.

Yes, but this is Safecracker. I can't simply "enjoy" it. The whole aim of the game is winning tokens, and it's far from enjoyable: frustrating, random, infuriating, stupid, pointless, are just a few examples of how I feel about it. Heck even smacking balls around in Goin' Nuts is more *fun*.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Yes, but this is Safecracker. I can't simply "enjoy" it. The whole aim of the game is winning tokens, and it's far from enjoyable: frustrating, random, infuriating, stupid, pointless, are just a few examples of how I feel about it. Heck even smacking balls around in Goin' Nuts is more *fun*.

Keep in mind. Virtual tokens. Tokens that if you were to pull up to show friends, I'm fairly certain their reaction would not be worth the effort you've put in.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Keep in mind. Virtual tokens. Tokens that if you were to pull up to show friends, I'm fairly certain their reaction would not be worth the effort you've put in.
They are meant to be "spent" on Assault of the Vault mode. Even has it's own leaderboard! :rolleyes:

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
After 14 months and 200+ tokens, I got curious and went back through my TPA save file backups over the last year to see if I could figure out how tokens were tracked. Found where the magic credits are tallied and where it tracks what tokens you have. Couldn't find any more data than that, no tracking how many of each token you've gotten or how many remain in a virtual hopper. So as far as I can tell, you have the same tiny chance of getting that silver token on the 1st game as you do on the 200th or 600th, it doesn't get any more likely as the virtual tokens are emptied.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
After 14 months and 200+ tokens, I got curious and went back through my TPA save file backups over the last year to see if I could figure out how tokens were tracked. Found where the magic credits are tallied and where it tracks what tokens you have. Couldn't find any more data than that, no tracking how many of each token you've gotten or how many remain in a virtual hopper. So as far as I can tell, you have the same tiny chance of getting that silver token on the 1st game as you do on the 200th or 600th, it doesn't get any more likely as the virtual tokens are emptied.
That's classy. I just assumed they would place a silver token in the virtual hopper, but since there isn't one, it really is a crapshoot as to when you'll get one, if ever...:p

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I wonder if it will keep track of tokens to the thousands place, roll over, or max out. I am fast approaching 1,000 tokens (I think I am around 765) and I am hoping that the token system rolls over to 0, but has a pity countermeasure programed in that will give me the silver token. Hey, one can dream, can't they?

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
You piqued my curiosity. Answer is no, no free "pity" token rolling from 999 to 1000. Game doesn't crash, but it no longer displays the correct number of credits either.

D05C625903C23A39933A7473D4618BF47F93B090

D93A0C2F33DD1DECA7B1E4A1C7DA77BEB723C7B6

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Wow, one thousand tokens. Might as well spend some of them... :rolleyes:

So it seems instead of 1000 or rolling over to zero, it used the next character graphic on the list which appears to be a slash "/".

Michael

Jan 9, 2015
I just spent some time going for tokens on PS4 v.1.23. I had never seriously gone for that wizard goal earlier after reading about how hard it is to get that elusive silver coin - and since the second to last update wiped out all won tokens it was obviously for the best. But now I decided to try to get at least half-way to 26 in one run. After winning 16 tokens I had 13 unique - and one of them the silver coin! I got it as somewhere between the 7th and 14th coin; I was just wailing on that vault and didn't keep close track.

So, having gotten the silver coin - by pure dumb luck as it would seem, since [MENTION=259]Gorgar[/MENTION] collected 413 tokens without getting it, for example - I should have a shot at that elusive wizard goal I had previously written off as unattainable, no? Even if the odds of getting the others don't increase the more of them you empty from the machine (as they should IRL), they still seem easier to get than the silver from reading this thread.

oRdiEps.jpg

I count three others in this thread who has gotten the silver coin so far. But nobody who got it within the first dozen coins starting from zero. If anyone else has gotten it (and when), it'd be interesting to know.

Edited to add that of the 16 tokens, two were free tokens from the teller, and two were gained during Token Multiball. I regret I didn't keep closer track on what actually gave me the silver coin, but I doubt it matters and that the odds are just as low across the board.

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I don't think it matters how you got the tokens.

Your best bet is to always keep earning tokens in one sitting without restarting. Even though you already have the silver coin, if you restart after every game, it will reset your odds and it can take another 200 or so tokens to get them all. In one sitting, it will probably be between 40 and 80.

These are just estimates. It's possible that you can get really lucky and my numbers can be completely off.

Michael

Jan 9, 2015
I'm up to 20 unique tokens now after a total of 32 won, but i finally had to back out of the table and reload it because of a bug that started to affect the Getaway kickout. It would take between 15-20 seconds before it kicked out any ball that landed in it, without scoring a Getaway, but ball was not stuck according to the "attendant". During multiball it wouldn't kick out at all, so that pocket would inevitably end up gobbling all the balls and force me to tilt out of the game.

I hope this didn't change the odds considerably... I'm still motivated for the last 6; I would like to finish them and get the wizard goal & trophy before another update wipes out all tokens again...

Last edited:

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Updaates "wipe" tokens? that's just sad. Unfortunately my experince playing the minigame meant I usually got the dog or the cop before achieving a getaway. Most tokens I received, I redeemd immediately on the bonus mode. The game tracks high scores for both, so if you've racked up a lot of tokens, might be a good idea to spend some and grind for leaderboard position or just have fun. Presumably hoarding tokens or spending them has no bearing on the odds of which token you'll get next, including the elusive silver coin. Short of cheating via save states, I don't think there's a reliable way to manipulate luck. And anyone caught using save states on an online pinball leaderboard should be banned immediately mo.

Last edited:

Michael

Jan 9, 2015
Updaates "wipe" tokens? that's just sad.

It just happened once on the PS4, and I hope it doesn't happen again. I didn't have more than about 25 tokens in total before the wipe, but if I had worked my way up to 500 in search of the silver, I'd be pretty pissed...

The dog is easy to restart the boardgame from, if you don't already have the biscuit. Shooting any entrance will do. And of course the more alarms you turn off and the more stuff you collect, the better you will do. Of course, there's an element of chance, but in a game where I enter the bank 4-5 times I will usually walk away with a token - and sometimes you get lucky with less than that.

I only play Assault on the Vault to earn VAULT letters to start Token Multiball in the regular mode, to get 3 tokens for every vault break-in instead of one. I manage getting a VAULT letter more than 50% of the time. I also stock up by getting them from the cellar and from the board game codes (MOO, PML, VLT). And so far I've never failed to earn both extra tokens during Token multiball.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online